GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

What constitutes a Rice Boy lexus?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-02, 06:24 PM
NVMYGS3
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What constitutes a Rice Boy lexus?

http://www.riceboypage.com/

I have clear corner bumpers and a guy at work called my ride a rice racer.

What constitutes a rice racer?

Do rice racers have to be japanese cars? Fixed up bmw's and mercs aren't referred to as rice racers but Lex's do... Why is that? is it cuz our cars are Japanese?

Check these out, the're hilarious. Man, there's one I saw with this guy building a rice boy car using a baby bicycle with an intake straw form his mouth but I couldn't find the link for ya...

Enjoy

http://www.goingfaster.com/spo/you_m..._ricer_if.html
http://www.riceboypage.com/
http://lego.bldesign.org/models/?n=31
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/3870/
Old 03-27-02, 09:07 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the clearn corner bumper lights that you have are the superclear ones...those are ricer IMO...however, my friend has clear Japanese ones that aren't clear clear (if you know what I mean) that I think look great.

Most people refer to any fixed up Japanese car (done right or compeltely wrong) as rice...these people are just idiots.

I could spend a good 1/2 hour posting about what a "riced" Lexus is but we've gone over this a billion times here...do a search with "RICE" or "RICER"...
Old 03-28-02, 03:48 PM
NVMYGS3
Lead Lap

Thanks manaray,

I'm gonna go look for the thread

CLear clear japanese lights for the bumper eh? Gotta go check em out. I got my bumper lights in Autofreak in J-town in LA so they're as close to japanese as I can get. Then again, they are made in taiwan.....

Lemme go surf around and see if I can find a pic to compare to.

Never got to meet ya during the meet (you were too busy wiping your car hahahah) but you got a really nice ride man - and now you are gonna cost me $$$ cuz i want all the stuff you had on your car LOL. After seeing your roof spoiler I ordered one from Steve on the spot. Hopefully it fits on mine as well as it did on yours.
Old 03-28-02, 10:58 PM
socalpat
Driver School Candidate

Ryan,

Oh-My-God... Righteous post -- I laughed my a$$ off!!!

My dear GS guru...

Your candid attitude is an absolute breath of "pure oxygen" in today's over-the-top, So-Cali, "P-C" environment.

We enjoyed meeting you last weekend, and would love to get the info on your front-side marker hook-ups; as well the "HID" replacements. E-mail if possible, or post info the board.

Alison says "hello" and "fight-on 'SC!!!".

Patrick
Old 03-28-02, 11:32 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

NVMYGS3-Hehehe...yeah, my car was FILTHY before the meet (both days) dues to spotty rain from just driving back and forth to the meet...

Did you get the Carbon Fiber one or the Fiberglass one? Either way, on the UGO spoiler, it attaches to the roof, not the glass...me and Steve were sittin' there trying to figure that one out...we had to take a look at the UGO catalog just to make sure! If you have any install questions, just PM me...
Old 03-29-02, 11:02 AM
NVMYGS3
Lead Lap

Hi Pat,

How are you. Pleasure meeting you at the meet as well. Okie, this is gonna be long - I just had 3 cups of black coffee...

Thanks for the compliment. I'm usually pretty mellow but man when it gets to cars especially my GS, I get all rev'ed up haha. That meet was baaaaad though. I"m going to be broke after seeing all the mods I only saw in pics live. I went nuts and bought more stuff!!! Yikes *TAX SEASON* gulp.

Anyway, regarding my front clears, you can get them off EBAY for around 29.99 with them throwing in the amber bulb for like $5.00 more . Personally, I dont' like the amber bulb because you'll have a clear light with something red in the middle so get a clear bulb and it'll look cleaner. I have blue Hiper whites on mine to match my whole HID-look set but I think clears are best. They're great at night cuz your whole car (I have all *8* of my front lights done HID look so they all match but during the day you'll have a hint of blue which gets you the "RICE BOY designation hahahahaha" You dont know how many punk 17 year olds have come over to my car when I have it lighted up in a parking lot to say WOW. Most people have just the main bulbs changed to Hiper look so you have the middle lights (daytime driving) still stock "yellow" but since I've had ALL my lights done, it looks clean!

Anyway, if you're interested in the XENON lights I showed you at the meet, you can get the HIPERS (which people call cheapies cuz they have the bluish hue to them) for 39.99 for 4 bulbs. These will cover all 4 (2x9005 and 2x9004) of your front bulbs on your GS. Then you can go to Pepboys and buy the daylight drivng bulbs (#194) from pep boys for $5.00. Your foglights, you cando too for (2x9005 or 2x9006 I can't remember)

Anyway total damage to my lighting system was around $70.00 for EVERYTHING. That's not even 1/20 th of what it would've cost for true HID.

Anyway, I know somebody from Monterey Park , man I forgot her name (BRAIN CLOG) but her email is xenon4everUS@yahoo.com and she carries all that I have mentioned previously. All the lights and clear bumpers. She can cut you a deal.

Send her an email and just ask her how much it'd cost and blah blah and tell her Ryan Aquino worked with her (I've bought around 8 sets from her for 4 cars now...) and sent you her way. She's cool, if the bulbs break, just send it to her and she'll send you a replacement....FREE!!!

Ok gotta go, carpal tunnel and the guys working for me are kinda getting ancy.

Later

PS: I'll ask Steve @ Carson re: your tips again this Mon when I see him (I bought the unclaimed raffled TRD STB btw)

Originally posted by socalpat
Ryan,

Oh-My-God... Righteous post -- I laughed my a$$ off!!!

My dear GS guru...

Your candid attitude is an absolute breath of "pure oxygen" in today's over-the-top, So-Cali, "P-C" environment.

We enjoyed meeting you last weekend, and would love to get the info on your front-side marker hook-ups; as well the "HID" replacements. E-mail if possible, or post info the board.

Alison says "hello" and "fight-on 'SC!!!".

Patrick