GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Does You're Car Turn Heads?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-09, 11:06 AM
tom steele
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The blow off valve always turns heads that sound coming from a lexus?? And the rmm mufflers so it sounds mean.
Old 06-13-09, 11:42 AM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 365 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Some people are amazed to hear its a 2001, they think its a newer car.
Same. No one believes my car has 125k on it.
Old 06-13-09, 11:54 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

I get a good amount of looks and attention. I think a lot of it is because in the summer I constantly drive with my windows down so I always get comments on my interior. A good number of them come from other Lexus owners who have never seen a saddle int. GS before.

I pulled up to a BP gas station here last week and the attendant came outside and almost lost his mind over my car. It went kind of like, "YEAAAAA BOYYYYYY!!!!! DAT ISH LOOKS BRAND SPANKIN NEW." lol.
Old 06-13-09, 11:57 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TomLee
Oh and living in a town with no modded cars, you get alot of looks. Some guy just came up to me yesterday and told me my **** was hard as ****. lol.
Where I'm at now, I see plenty of GS models that are NOT modded out for ******. There are about three in my development that have no mods at all. So that right there makes you get looks especially from other drivers of GS's w/o any mods.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
SOme people are amazed to hear its a 2001, they think its a newer car.
Originally Posted by jonathancl
Same. No one believes my car has 125k on it.
That's the overall reliability and the tlc we give to it which will make others think its a late model car.
Old 06-13-09, 01:12 PM
arpham
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get tons of head turning in town and some haters lol.

I was at the stealership getting my maintenance done yesterday and this 70 year old grandpa was like.... I'll give you $3 for it . Hater alert!
Old 06-13-09, 03:38 PM
SPL FREEK
Driver

don't really know...im drivin to fast.
Old 06-13-09, 07:11 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

probably...but cause im flashing them to get out of the fast lane or something like that hehe
Old 06-13-09, 10:13 PM
Curry
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My cars broken a few necks before... maybe cause of my primer spot on the fender... or my dinner plate wheels who knows... lol

I did get approached twice while getting gas... " yo are those 24's "

Another time I got approached when I opened up my door and my puddle lights came on...

My favorite is " wtf where are your door handles.. how do you get in "
Old 06-13-09, 10:37 PM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

Dont have gs YET but i have a turbo IS its not exactly quiet and its dropped on coils, tinted badging, tinted trunk/tail lights i have people pull up along side and stare quizzingly at it like they havent heard a lexus with exhaust and other mods before. One day i had 2 350z's pull up along side one kept looking at the front end i guess he was looking for the intercooler and the other pulled up behind me like he wasnt sure what it was. It was a little odd i actually i gave them a little bov and they nodded approvingly lol alos got a thumbs up from a gto after dusting him real bad that was a first.

Last edited by slvrboolet; 06-13-09 at 10:42 PM.
Old 06-14-09, 02:06 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

I get the usual neck breakers, but amazingly enough, and what I love the most is I get a lot of double takes and thumbs up from sport bikers passing the other way. I see them staring at my car as they are approaching and continuing to stare as they pass, and being a sport biker myself, I'm thinking, dude, you need to watch the road!!!
Old 06-14-09, 03:51 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TomLee
Oh and living in a town with no modded cars, you get alot of looks. Some guy just came up to me yesterday and told me my **** was hard as ****. lol.
I think it's the same around here, not too many cleanly modded cars. My car isn't anything special compared to alot on CL, but most cars around here look like they searched for taillights on Ebay and bought the cheapest ones, same with the rest of the car. Most people around here don't know what my car is and don't seem to have ever seen staggered wheels before.

I just did LS400 brakes and painted them red, I had some girl staring at my wheels/brakes so hard through an entire red light that she didn't notice us watching her the entire time. I was out at a graduation party last night and the kid's parents were complimenting the car after I pulled up.
Old 06-14-09, 03:56 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by veritek
I get the usual neck breakers, but amazingly enough, and what I love the most is I get a lot of double takes and thumbs up from sport bikers passing the other way. I see them staring at my car as they are approaching and continuing to stare as they pass, and being a sport biker myself, I'm thinking, dude, you need to watch the road!!!
um....im a sport biker myself and i have been impressed by about 1 car while on my bike...a murcielago that i eventually made my *****. sorry even being a gs owner...when im on my bike i havent seen any gs that impress me or even make me turn my head twice at
Old 06-14-09, 05:02 PM
Chumacher
Lead Lap

There's less than 20 GS' in my city so even without rims and a drop the car still turns heads. This 2nd gen gs has distinctive lines that were a decade before its time. Even to this day I still see new cars copying some of its design themes.
Old 06-14-09, 07:05 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sakataj
um....im a sport biker myself and i have been impressed by about 1 car while on my bike...a murcielago that i eventually made my *****. sorry even being a gs owner...when im on my bike i havent seen any gs that impress me or even make me turn my head twice at
I guess it's the intercooler and the gold 20" Volks!! Bikers around here know what's up!!
Old 06-14-09, 07:17 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by veritek
I guess it's the intercooler and the gold 20" Volks!! Bikers around here know what's up!!
Yup I've witnessed this on several occasions. He's even had some spirited runs with the bikers in his Turbo GS.

Quick Reply: Does You're Car Turn Heads?