GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I need some extended studs. Any good places?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-09, 06:25 PM
5t341th
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default I need some extended studs. Any good places?

Hey guys i need some extended studs to use with my 5mm spacers. i found optionimports.com sells them but shipping is fuken ripppp. do you know any places that is good? Thanks
Old 06-19-09, 08:51 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 5t341th
Hey guys i need some extended studs to use with my 5mm spacers. i found optionimports.com sells them but shipping is fuken ripppp. do you know any places that is good? Thanks
Try summit racing. they have them for the Supra TT so it should fit on our GS without a problem. They are made by ARP too.
Old 06-19-09, 11:13 PM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You might have some luck with our vendors.
Old 06-19-09, 11:30 PM
Sash1mi
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should go here bro,

http://www.allensfasteners.com/

this is where I ordered mines and its probably the friggin cheapest website to order from. Due to my experience.

Just search up ARP wheel studs, its the IS300 studs in the drop down selection about 25 a pack which works for our 2GS thats what I have on mines, but you said you have 5mm spacer so I think these might be too long or it can be good long for your next spacer playings.

I ran stock studs on 5mm spacers before no problem.

Good Luck!

Dara

Last edited by Sash1mi; 06-19-09 at 11:34 PM.
Old 06-20-09, 12:07 AM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ARP studs will work fine. The ones that come with the Ichiba spacers don't fit anyways so don't feel like you missed out.
Old 06-20-09, 02:56 AM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by macd7919
ARP studs will work fine. The ones that come with the Ichiba spacers don't fit anyways so don't feel like you missed out.
Why don't they fit? I have 45mm extended studs on my rear hubs from Ichiba and they work fine.
Old 06-20-09, 03:08 AM
5t341th
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

cool. do they sell it in packs of 5? or is it single studs
Originally Posted by DPromGS
You should go here bro,

http://www.allensfasteners.com/

this is where I ordered mines and its probably the friggin cheapest website to order from. Due to my experience.

Just search up ARP wheel studs, its the IS300 studs in the drop down selection about 25 a pack which works for our 2GS thats what I have on mines, but you said you have 5mm spacer so I think these might be too long or it can be good long for your next spacer playings.

I ran stock studs on 5mm spacers before no problem.

Good Luck!

Dara
Old 06-20-09, 03:08 AM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

you do know that you will need a impact or a press to install the studs right? it needs to be pressed in.
Old 06-20-09, 03:10 AM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i see your in socali. where are you located at ? theres a bolts store on western and garden grove. its called hillco they sell ARP studs and bolts etc. they have what you need. if not they will probally point you to the right way from there.
Old 06-20-09, 04:07 AM
Sash1mi
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool. do they sell it in packs of 5? or is it single studs

packs of 5.
Old 06-20-09, 10:32 AM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chrispy
Why don't they fit? I have 45mm extended studs on my rear hubs from Ichiba and they work fine.
The splines on the studs are too large for the holes in the hub.

Originally Posted by StanCe
you do know that you will need a impact or a press to install the studs right? it needs to be pressed in.
I am aware of how to install them, however as mentioned above the splines on the studs were too large. They were shearing off as the stud was pulled in which shouldn't be happening for one but it also prevented the stud from seating correctly. In order to get them to fit I had to take a dremel tool and grind down the splines on each stud so they would fit into the hub.

I brought this issue to the attention of the vendor and I'm not the first person with this problem. Maybe they have poor quality control or maybe Chrispy just got lucky or maybe they had to grind his down as well but either way I would go with a quality part that actually fits such as ARP for this application.
Old 06-20-09, 11:10 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

My Ichiba studs fit without problems. They were a slight press fit like the OEM studs and had no metal shavings coming off. I was able to get them on with just hand tools. Ichiba do have the tendency to ship out the wrong stuff from time to time so it's not surprising Hell they've even shipped out incorrect lengths with the wrong pitch.
Old 06-20-09, 12:01 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

It's possible that I got a bad set, the length and thread pitch were ok just the diameter of the splined portion (the part that presses in) was too large. Not just a little bit too large but enough that I had to grind them down to get them to press in, without grinding them they were shaving material of the splines like a banana peel. While this may not be common I mentioned it to the vendor and he said that it wasn't the first time that customers had brought this to his attention. Either way, I would go with ARP studs so you know you will get the right thing the first time.
Old 06-20-09, 02:12 PM
phillygs3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's possible that I got a bad set, the length and thread pitch were ok just the diameter of the splined portion (the part that presses in) was too large. Not just a little bit too large but enough that I had to grind them down to get them to press in, without grinding them they were shaving material of the splines like a banana peel. While this may not be common I mentioned it to the vendor and he said that it wasn't the first time that customers had brought this to his attention. Either way, I would go with ARP studs so you know you will get the right thing the first time.
same thing happened to me The second set they sent me was fine
Old 06-20-09, 02:21 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Ichiba truly seems to suck at inspections. When you're buying Ichiba spacers, you're actually gambling on whether you're going to get the right parts or not.

Quick Reply: I need some extended studs. Any good places?