GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

so i got AIrR

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-09 | 06:50 PM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 200000

Very Very nice stance! And you are modding super quickly.. I am envious!
Old 06-20-09 | 11:40 PM
Baliztik
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 25,000

Dang, that is super low!
Old 06-20-09 | 11:51 PM
Damnnchi
Pole Position

very nice!!!
Old 06-21-09 | 03:52 AM
Rash
hmm

Very nice
Old 06-21-09 | 05:28 AM
mustafakha
Driver

looking good... but that front needs to go lower!

Go low or go home hehe
Old 06-22-09 | 06:44 AM
esolo98
Advanced

I saw his car yesterday, looks way nicer in person. Very quiet compared to some other air setups I have seen.
Old 06-22-09 | 07:01 AM
StealthGS
Driver

That B**ch Looks TOUGH!!!!
Old 06-22-09 | 07:10 AM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

posted on your topic on VSC- so this is a cup kit right?

you all realise what a cup kit is and how it works? you cant go stupid low with a cup kit, its just a cup of air that riases. so you set the coilovers to a driveable ride height, (which is probably a bit higher than those pics he posted) and thats basically where the car stays 95% of the time, then if you get to a bump or steep driveway or something you fill the cups temporarily to riase the car 2-3" to get over it...

looking good tho, good luck getting it setup right..

edit: before someone jumps on me, yes in theory you CAN ride stupid low with a cup kit, coz its basically just a regular coilover with the cup of air on top to provide 3" or so lift. but obviously you need to do the usual guard mods etc to be able to turn and steer at that height, and also have very hard springs rates/damping on the coilovers etc so it doesnt bottom out when sitting very low, as with any coilover setup. my point is it isnt like air where you 'air out' and sit on the ground. all the air cup can do is raise above the set coilover height..
Old 06-22-09 | 07:48 AM
mrkenji
Lexus Champion

looks great.. better pics from front end please..
loving the tuckage in the rear
Old 06-22-09 | 08:52 AM
Neo300
Lead Lap

Another Black Cherry on air

Looks awesome!
Old 06-22-09 | 10:41 AM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

lookin good bro!!! hows the ride?
Old 06-22-09 | 07:01 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

the home depot fittings suck and yes some of the slip on tend to leak if they are bad from the start! i have the push on fittings on my car and love them make it real easy to work on and release the lines are much easier. dont use the plastic ones though they suck only the brass ones same one diesel trucks use on there air bags. so i would have to say the push in fitting are better once there all good. but i understand your ***** i had about five bad right from the start.
Old 06-22-09 | 07:08 PM
phillygs3

Originally Posted by tom steele
the home depot fittings suck and yes some of the slip on tend to leak if they are bad from the start! i have the push on fittings on my car and love them make it real easy to work on and release the lines are much easier. dont use the plastic ones though they suck only the brass ones same one diesel trucks use on there air bags. so i would have to say the push in fitting are better once there all good. but i understand your ***** i had about five bad right from the start.
Here is another place for great fittings
http://www.mcmaster.com/#2383t47/=1qcy3w
Old 06-22-09 | 07:55 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dRo15
Well looking at it, the only difference between the "VIP" and "Deluxe" kit is the VIP uses the paddle valves and the Deluxe uses electric valves. Either way a FB setup. Not good at all to ride like that. Trust, I've been there b4 I knew to much about air.

By the way, are these set all the way down?
yes these are set all the way down. But the installer said that they put the wrong bottom mounts and the the sleeves are to long on the front. that is why its not low as it should be

Originally Posted by eyecon7
So what setup for a Noob is good to Ride low on the highway and stuff.
this should work fine. Just set the coils low with the cups deflated and get the necessary work to make the wheels fit depending on what you get. And then when you need to raise up push the button!!

Originally Posted by GSJake
Very Very nice stance! And you are modding super quickly.. I am envious!
lLoL thanks man! yea everyones been telling me i been modding fast
I got my car 1 year ago and i been on a moddding spree since LOl

Originally Posted by azntalldud
Dang, that is super low!
yea bout to set the coils up proper soon!

Originally Posted by mustafakha
looking good... but that front needs to go lower!

Go low or go home hehe
agreeed

Originally Posted by StealthGS
That B**ch Looks TOUGH!!!!
Originally Posted by esolo98
I saw his car yesterday, looks way nicer in person. Very quiet compared to some other air setups I have seen.
thanks guys!!!

Originally Posted by [ant]
posted on your topic on VSC- so this is a cup kit right?

you all realise what a cup kit is and how it works? you cant go stupid low with a cup kit, its just a cup of air that riases. so you set the coilovers to a driveable ride height, (which is probably a bit higher than those pics he posted) and thats basically where the car stays 95% of the time, then if you get to a bump or steep driveway or something you fill the cups temporarily to riase the car 2-3" to get over it...

looking good tho, good luck getting it setup right..

edit: before someone jumps on me, yes in theory you CAN ride stupid low with a cup kit, coz its basically just a regular coilover with the cup of air on top to provide 3" or so lift. but obviously you need to do the usual guard mods etc to be able to turn and steer at that height, and also have very hard springs rates/damping on the coilovers etc so it doesnt bottom out when sitting very low, as with any coilover setup. my point is it isnt like air where you 'air out' and sit on the ground. all the air cup can do is raise above the set coilover height..
yea i know how they should be set up but the installer had a differ approach as to how to set the coils and cups up! ill post a pix below

Originally Posted by mrkenji
looks great.. better pics from front end please..
loving the tuckage in the rear
thanks!! ill see what i can snap when i have some time
Originally Posted by Neo300
Another Black Cherry on air

Looks awesome!
Originally Posted by GS300ToM
lookin good bro!!! hows the ride?
rides decent but im kinda not liking riding on air. I like the stiffness of my old megans. but then again im on coils and air

here is a pic of how the installer set up a IS250 with the same kit i got. He bottomed out all the coilovers and this is with the cups aired down. so when she airs up its drivable!! anwyays any more thoughts on this and how the installer went about on setting up the kit? I think im just gona set the coils back up to ride height and try to go low with the cups deflated
Old 06-22-09 | 08:17 PM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

^^thats really low..but ur not supposed to drive with them inflated..not to mention, at that height u cant go anywhere anyways..might as well have gotten UAS or air runner if thats how u wanna look parked..parking height and drive height will be the same..only inflate the cups when u gotta go over a speed bump or a driveway..thats what ive learned bout these "air cups"

Quick Reply: so i got AIrR