GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

so i got AIrR

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-09, 08:29 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it looks good just the way it is
Old 06-22-09, 08:41 PM
JustInGS3
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice!!!
Old 06-22-09, 09:00 PM
dRo15
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by handoverfi
yes these are set all the way down. But the installer said that they put the wrong bottom mounts and the the sleeves are to long on the front. that is why its not low as it should be
huh.... wrong bottom mounts? Sleeves?

Got any pics of the install and what you are talking about on the front?

What spring rates did you get and how do you like the ride on the coils? I seen they were different spring rates for the 300 and 400/430. Well when I asked before they said you can actually order whatever spring rates.
Old 06-22-09, 09:27 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dRo15
huh.... wrong bottom mounts? Sleeves?

Got any pics of the install and what you are talking about on the front?

What spring rates did you get and how do you like the ride on the coils? I seen they were different spring rates for the 300 and 400/430. Well when I asked before they said you can actually order whatever spring rates.

that is what the installer said. the installer has all the pix of the install once he post them up ill post pix for ya!! i dont really know what the rating on the springs are ill ask the guy i got my suspension from.

and everyone else thanks for the comments but i dont think im gona ride on the air i like how my ride was with out the air and riding on str8 coilovers wth the megans im gona see if i can sit lower now!
Old 06-22-09, 09:32 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 4play4dr
^^thats really low..but ur not supposed to drive with them inflated..not to mention, at that height u cant go anywhere anyways..might as well have gotten UAS or air runner if thats how u wanna look parked..parking height and drive height will be the same..only inflate the cups when u gotta go over a speed bump or a driveway..thats what ive learned bout these "air cups"

yea that is really low and yea i learned you not supposed to ride on them inflated. I talk to mr exe and hes running the bold world cup air suspension and he said hes been riding 2 years with his. Give i have no idea how the quality of his cups are to AF. and AR way out of my price range and the UAS arnt people having problems with thebags hitting the suspension components?
Old 06-22-09, 09:44 PM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

yea..there are problems..but i guess u can buy a bracket if ur goin with uas, and it doesnt rub anymore or something like that..bold world, i heard is really expensive tho..so i guess for the price of air force..someone might as well try it out..so everyones waiting on ur reviews haha..hope u get all this stuff figured out
Old 06-22-09, 09:58 PM
dinhNER
Lexus Test Driver

not bad front needs to go down more!
Old 06-22-09, 10:24 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 4play4dr
yea..there are problems..but i guess u can buy a bracket if ur goin with uas, and it doesnt rub anymore or something like that..bold world, i heard is really expensive tho..so i guess for the price of air force..someone might as well try it out..so everyones waiting on ur reviews haha..hope u get all this stuff figured out
Originally Posted by dinhNER
not bad front needs to go down more!
yea i know front needs to come down more lol and i know everyone waiting for reviews.

Personally its a good practical kit to drive slammed with proper wheels fitment fender mods etc. and give you that adjustibility to raise up when you need to. Ride is actually not to bad i just dont like the riding on air its a whole new feeling then being on regular coils. my review isnt much as of now but i still got alot of messsing around to do with these coils its just i dont have time with work and trying to jump start my bizz,

ill try to post something a bit more once i actually have this kit set up 100% or the coils and everything!! another thing i have no see any kind of disclaimer saying you cant ride with the cups inflated. I know it says only to clear obstacles but it should also say not dont DD with cups inflated or something of the sort.
Old 06-22-09, 10:34 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

very nice setup
Old 06-23-09, 04:09 AM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

lol i wouldnt worry about "not liking riding on air" becuase once you get this set up like it should be you wont be riding on air!
Old 06-23-09, 10:58 AM
V8RdnLow
Lexus Champion

Nice
Old 06-29-09, 07:35 AM
Rich27
Lexus Test Driver

Bump for an update.
Old 06-29-09, 08:46 AM
handoverfi
Pole Position

lol well i finally got my PSI gauge installed and the rear still sits the same i just havnt been dumping the rear out. for a few reasons

1. camber is out on the passenger side and when dump it hits the rim a bit
2. front sits higher obviously
3. i have no idea i dont want to mess with it lol

Since the installer finally installed the PSI gauge i now have independent front on F and B! thank god!!. Now i dont have to drive all nasty looking. I completely lower the front which is drive height and the fenders need a roll and the rears are completely inflated b.c the installer forgot to give me the wrenches to adjust my coils. But ride quality is great the combo of the air and the coilover is awesome. I been playing with the front all weekend. I just need the rear set when i get the wrenches.

Installer took pix of the set up before install and sent them to AF and the guy i got my setup from to show them what parts are wrong. So once i get everything proper i will have a better update. Sorry my updates are as elaborate as others!!

but ill keep everyone posted!
Old 06-29-09, 12:52 PM
978NastyGs
Pole Position

Looks good I'm mos def going air....
Old 07-07-09, 08:36 AM
Rich27
Lexus Test Driver

Did you finish your setup?

Can you please post pictures of where you installed the tank, compressors, etc?

How does it ride?

How long does it take to air up?

Thanks for the help. I'm looking into this setup myself.

Quick Reply: so i got AIrR