GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

so i got AIrR

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-09, 11:42 AM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so i got AIrR

here are some pix i took real quick the front still needs some tweaking to go lower but other then that i love the kit its worth it!!! i bought the airforce cup suspension good bang for the buck OMHO!! works very nice!! but ill write more on this soon! i just got the car back yesterday!!

Old 06-20-09, 11:44 AM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice!!
Old 06-20-09, 11:45 AM
eyecon7
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

how come the front is not SLAMMED..
Old 06-20-09, 11:49 AM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by eyecon7
how come the front is not SLAMMED..
front still needs some tweaking the installer thinks AF forgot some pieces i need in order for me to be more slammed on the front!
Old 06-20-09, 11:55 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah you'll need to get that resolved to have the entire car be 100% slammed. Good start and followup with more pics.
Old 06-20-09, 12:29 PM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

first person ive seen on these air force cups..ur ride height is should to be slammed and raise it up for speed bumps n etc..
Old 06-20-09, 12:34 PM
RN8 GS300
Driver

Get that front fixed! What size are they? 20's or 22's?
Old 06-20-09, 12:36 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

What part of houston do you you live? Your modding pretty quick.
Old 06-20-09, 02:08 PM
phillygs3

Very nice your UCA's are probably hitting not allowing you to go lower in the front. I'm having the same issue . But im still able to tuck a lil rim. How high does the car go?
Old 06-20-09, 02:45 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Red face

Originally Posted by RN8 GS300
Get that front fixed! What size are they? 20's or 22's?
20x9+30 and 20x10.5+29

Originally Posted by EN_VY
What part of houston do you you live? Your modding pretty quick.
NE side and yea i am modding pretty fast lol hahah i dont think i will mod to much more longer need money for other things
Originally Posted by 4play4dr
first person ive seen on these air force cups..ur ride height is should to be slammed and raise it up for speed bumps n etc..
yea pretty much

Originally Posted by phillygs3
Very nice your UCA's are probably hitting not allowing you to go lower in the front. I'm having the same issue . But im still able to tuck a lil rim. How high does the car go?
i dont know what the issues might be but i know i was a bit lower then that with my previous coil overs. Also, AF sent the wrong fittings for my gage so the installer just took a butt connector and joined the 2 tubes together. SO at the moment one button lowers and raises everything. he will fix that all next week. Now i got another question my car is quite bouncy. and today i was backing out of my brothers drive way completely aired up and i start backing up angling out to the right. then the car wouldn't move. im half away up the drive way and in the road at an angle. i get out my rear driver side rim was sunk in the fender and the car was resting on the tire. i look on the other side and the passenger rear rim is off the ground I freaking 3 wheeled. do you guys think if i just stiffen the coils alot more i can prevent that? all the weight somehow distributed to the driver rear rim and got stuck there.

or

since i got not PSI gage and all the air is being distributed to all 4 cups, is it possible that alll the weight just went to that side and it pushed the air out of the cup since i don't have the psi gage hooked up . I just have the butt connector joining the 2 tubes?

if none of this makes since ill try to reexplain later!
Old 06-20-09, 02:55 PM
phillygs3

Originally Posted by handoverfi
20x9+30 and 20x10.5+29

NE side and yea i am modding pretty fast lol hahah i dont think i will mod to much more longer need money for other things

yea pretty much

i dont know what the issues might be but i know i was a bit lower then that with my previous coil overs. Also, AF sent the wrong fittings for my gage so the installer just took a butt connector and joined the 2 tubes together. SO at the moment one button lowers and raises everything. he will fix that all next week. Now i got another question my car is quite bouncy. and today i was backing out of my brothers drive way completely aired up and i start backing up angling out to the right. then the car wouldn't move. im half away up the drive way and in the road at an angle. i get out my rear driver side rim was sunk in the fender and the car was resting on the tire. i look on the other side and the passenger rear rim is off the ground I freaking 3 wheeled. do you guys think if i just stiffen the coils alot more i can prevent that? all the weight somehow distributed to the driver rear rim and got stuck there.

or

since i got not PSI gage and all the air is being distributed to all 4 cups, is it possible that alll the weight just went to that side and it pushed the air out of the cup since i don't have the psi gage hooked up . I just have the butt connector joining the 2 tubes?

if none of this makes since ill try to reexplain later!
If your bags are tee'd with eachother thats gonna happen . I take it you dont have FBSS . My friend Chris was having this problem , till he upgraded to all four corners . It's better to have all four corners on there own valve . Here is the manifold i'm using http://www.airbagit.com/product_p/airvalv-mvs-1b.htm so far no problems besides the push to connect fittings they sent me with the manifold were junk , I swapped them out with compression fittings I picked up at home depot. If you have any questions just shoot me a pm
Old 06-20-09, 03:31 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

well at the moment it is "teed" since i dont have my PSI gage hooked, if it was hooked i would have front and rear independent control. So since my cups are "t" basically all the weight went to that one side and it pushed the air out im assuming resulting in what happend. I had to put my car in neutral and push it out
Old 06-20-09, 04:03 PM
dRo15
Lexus Test Driver

Finally got them on I see. Have any pics of the install?

I'm in for a review and to see how the durability is after a few months.

Not having a PSI gauge should have nothing to do with you bags being "T". It's how many valves per bag you have. I assume you only have 4 valves. 2 valves for the front (1 to lift and 1 to dump) and 2 for the rear. Unless you got the upgrade with the 8 valves you only have a FB setup. Which should be ok if your only using to get over speedbumps/driveways and such going straight. If your trying to roll air'd up on FB setup you can forget about it. The ride is junk. Air shifts from 1 side to the other. I still recommend a FBSS setup even if your just using it to get over road hazards.

Last edited by dRo15; 06-20-09 at 04:08 PM.
Old 06-20-09, 04:13 PM
dRo15
Lexus Test Driver

Well looking at it, the only difference between the "VIP" and "Deluxe" kit is the VIP uses the paddle valves and the Deluxe uses electric valves. Either way a FB setup. Not good at all to ride like that. Trust, I've been there b4 I knew to much about air.

By the way, are these set all the way down?
Old 06-20-09, 06:37 PM
eyecon7
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dRo15
Well looking at it, the only difference between the "VIP" and "Deluxe" kit is the VIP uses the paddle valves and the Deluxe uses electric valves. Either way a FB setup. Not good at all to ride like that. Trust, I've been there b4 I knew to much about air.

By the way, are these set all the way down?
So what setup for a Noob is good to Ride low on the highway and stuff.

Quick Reply: so i got AIrR