GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

"Classy" Front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-02, 10:55 PM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question "Classy" Front bumper

Anyone have pics of the "CLASSY" front bumper on their car? I have seen pics of Manarays' car and it looks really good.
Attached Thumbnails "Classy" Front bumper-classy-2-99gs430lowqtrshot2.jpg  
Old 03-31-02, 11:47 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think Manaray is the only one that has that kit so far.. Also note that he did some modifications to that kit too but he would be better to fill you in on that part..

Sweet kit thou.. The round foglights really make the front end pop!
Old 04-01-02, 12:14 AM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by 2SAVVY
I think Manaray is the only one that has that kit so far.. Also note that he did some modifications to that kit too but he would be better to fill you in on that part..

Sweet kit thou.. The round foglights really make the front end pop!
Wow Manaray is the only one huh:eek: I already spoke with Manaray and he was very helpful and told me everything I need to know. I just wanted to see some pics of how the kit looked on a variety of colors of cars.

Thanks JAC
Old 04-01-02, 01:23 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, as far as I know, I'm the only one in the USA that has this kit...most people have never seen or heard of this kit as it comes from a VERY small company in Japan. I think only Globe, Will, and RacingAristo knew about this kit before I posted it here...

At any rate, I have a couple of picture in the gallery of the kit on a White GS...

The mod I did was to REMOVE (or fill in) the vents in the back bumper. I think the vents looks out of place on the GS...
Old 04-01-02, 03:06 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

The vents do look a bit weird.
Old 04-01-02, 05:04 AM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, that is definitely a nice kit. So even though the rear looks like an add-on lower piece, it is really an entire bumper?
Old 04-01-02, 06:16 AM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

It makes the GS look even meaner!
Old 04-01-02, 08:41 AM
mdw131
Lead Lap

Some rich real estate developer has a body kit so similar to that on his CL500....It has rear and front vents like that...I dont think hes much into Japanese products though as hes like 50 or so and i dont think he keeps up....Im going to search and see if i can find the body kit hes got on the web....
Old 04-01-02, 09:00 AM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by manaray
Yeah, as far as I know, I'm the only one in the USA that has this kit...most people have never seen or heard of this kit as it comes from a VERY small company in Japan. I think only Globe, Will, and RacingAristo knew about this kit before I posted it here...

At any rate, I have a couple of picture in the gallery of the kit on a White GS...

The mod I did was to REMOVE (or fill in) the vents in the back bumper. I think the vents looks out of place on the GS...
Thanks for the extra info and pics Manaray, I'll go check out the gallery for the other ones. BTW I think the CLASSY setup looks alot better on your car than on the white one, although it still looks very good on the white. It must be one of those things where certain kits look good on certain color cars and don't on others.
Old 04-01-02, 09:06 AM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

Lightbulb

Heres another pic of Manarays front bumper. The Classy kit is kind of big and thick so the black helps slim it down for just the right look.
Attached Thumbnails "Classy" Front bumper-yaya.jpg  
Old 04-01-02, 09:12 AM
mdw131
Lead Lap

Alright i bet hes got a Lowrinser kit on his car since they are like an exclusive MB aftermarket company. The car looks basically like this, if i remember correctly as its been a while since ive been home and seen his car....

I know this is an s-class but the bumber looks like this:

Im not sure about the front or side skirts...But the back definitely looked like that....
Old 04-01-02, 09:56 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, the vents on the back are like the Lorinsers (which I don't like on the Lorinser cars either!), but the front end is a mixture between Brabus and DTM cars (which is what the Lorinser kit is based on).

Also, the rear bumper on the Classy kit is a full bumper...not just an add-on...

What I liked about the kit was the "soft yet agressive" look...the Sessions kit also has this "soft yet agressive" look...

It's odd how similar they look but the Classy kit came out before the Lorsiner DTM kits...(but I seriously doubt that Lorinser even knew Classy existed...)
Old 04-02-02, 11:55 AM
mdw131
Lead Lap

I like that mesh it looks nice IMHO...I think the whole kit is fairly clean....
Old 04-02-02, 12:12 PM
blue wax
Lead Lap

this is such a cool kit

the wheels on the black one are super too !!!!!!

bravo
Old 04-08-02, 12:41 AM
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Classy

manaray, i am interested in the classy kit for the first gen gs, i saw the pics you posted and it looks like i like it ... classy yet aggressive. What is the price on this kit? Does it need modifications for U.S. models? Does it come with the fog lights and screens in the vents? Is the name of the manufacturer Classy? I saw where you posted the nbr and name Steve Ganz (i think) i called thursday and he was out of the office for the week, the guy there called me back but he didnt have the info i guess i will try to talk to him this week but i need to know the name of the kit and manufacturer. Or do you have the nbr where i can call them direct/website etc./do they speak english?

Does anyone have these answers cuz they make a nice product i might put on the first gen gs or i have been thinking of picking up a gs4 for an upgrade and new look so i may get a kit for it.

Quick Reply: "Classy" Front bumper