GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

To any/all RE AUDIO XXX owners......

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-10, 01:05 AM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
like the stinger one, know where i can get it? im assuming it mounts the terminals on the underside? where can i get either actually.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO does anyone know where the positive terminal on the alt is? i dont wanna get back under there yet...and do i need a fuse between this?
Positive terminal for the alternator is on top, there is a post that has a nut on it.
Old 04-13-10, 01:11 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

like the stinger one, know where i can get it? im assuming it mounts the terminals on the underside? where can i get either actually.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO does anyone know where the positive terminal on the alt is? i dont wanna get back under there yet...and do i need a fuse between this?
Darvex.com is the cheapest place to get them, he also has an Ebay account under "bag-boy" I'm yet to find anyone cheaper. and yea, they go on the underside. Kind of a bich to install on there, but look clean as you can see. You will also have to drill the hole a bit bigger on the ring terminals cause the bolts are a bit bigger on the terminal.

as for fusing the wire from battery to alternator, dont think you have to, dont even think its recommended. The factory one doesnt have it fused as for where its at, its the one with a rubber boot over it:

Boot on:

Boot off:
Old 04-13-10, 01:21 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by sam430
You need a fuse for the positive terminal... definitely, but I don't know amp rating for the wire (prevent fire).
thanks, now i need amp rating for a fuse

Originally Posted by Spyder78
Positive terminal for the alternator is on top, there is a post that has a nut on it.
lol, oh ok i know which one that is....

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
Darvex.com is the cheapest place to get them, he also has an Ebay account under "bag-boy" I'm yet to find anyone cheaper. and yea, they go on the underside. Kind of a bich to install on there, but look clean as you can see. You will also have to drill the hole a bit bigger on the ring terminals cause the bolts are a bit bigger on the terminal.

as for fusing the wire from battery to alternator, dont think you have to, dont even think its recommended. The factory one doesnt have it fused as for where its at, its the one with a rubber boot over it:

Boot on:

Boot off:
ok, thanks will check him out. im starting to get annoyed. i emailed Dominique THURS and haven't been able to get in touch with him yet. IM TRYING TO PAY FOR MY DAMN ALT so i can get this moving.

so now im really confused, 2 people saying to do so and your saying not to...
Old 04-13-10, 01:30 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

thanks, now i need amp rating for a fuse

so now im really confused, 2 people saying to do so and your saying not to...
well it doesnt hurt to do at all, but a ton of wasted money IMO. I've done the big three on all my cars never had problems and didnt have them fused. IMO, its just a precaution. You will have to buy a fuse holder for each side ($10-20 each) and fuses for each side (about $5-10 each) if they dont come with them. Now its not like you're running in the bass olympics, so you're not pulling a ton of power that will over load 0gauge wire which can handle a lot of current.
Old 04-13-10, 01:33 AM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't know... you are going to run some 300+ amp alternator... might think about the wiring.

Last edited by sam430; 04-13-10 at 01:36 AM.
Old 04-13-10, 01:36 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

I don't know... you are going to run some 300+ amp alternator... might think about the wiring.
True, but hes not pulling 300 all the time just to be clear, I'm not saying NOT to do it Just dont think it needs to be done.

if you're a "rather safe than sorry" person, then do it

Last edited by Mr Jokster; 04-13-10 at 02:16 AM.
Old 04-13-10, 01:49 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

well it doesnt hurt to do at all, but a ton of wasted money IMO. I've done the big three on all my cars never had problems and didnt have them fused. IMO, its just a precaution. You will have to buy a fuse holder for each side ($10-20 each) and fuses for each side (about $5-10 each) if they dont come with them. Now its not like you're running in the bass olympics, so you're not pulling a ton of power that will over load 0gauge wire which can handle a lot of current.
i tried dudes ebay page

http://stores.ebay.com/Bag-Boy-Home-...r-Audio-Wiring

but i cannot find a holder like the ones u showed me a minute ago... did u get the one YOUR using from him?

well, i WOULD love to be running this but like i said, i been trying to pay it since thurs and havent gottena return email YET, just need his paypal address. i withdrew the $ from my PP account and if he doesnt hurry up im gonna go buy my HKS coils....god this is starting to bother me... ALL his other emails were quickly or within a day

True, but hes not pulling 300 all the time just to be clear, I'm not saying NOT to do it

if you're a "rather safe than sorry" person, then do it
i am a better safe than sorry guy. any idea what size fuse i will need?

Last edited by sakataj; 04-13-10 at 01:54 AM.
Old 04-13-10, 02:03 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

i tried dudes ebay page

http://stores.ebay.com/Bag-Boy-Home-...r-Audio-Wiring

but i cannot find a holder like the ones u showed me a minute ago... did u get the one YOUR using from him?
Just message him through ebay and tell him what you want and he will add the item to his ebay store. I bought a TON of ish from him and he told me to make a list of what I need that wasnt there and he added them to his 'store' . Just say you need the Stinger HPM Ring Battery Terminal SPT53R and a link with that picture to seal it off for him

i am a better safe than sorry guy. any idea what size fuse i will need?
well hmmm.. let me think, you have a 300 amp alt... hmmm, how about 300 or a little less to have it snap a bit sooner.
Old 04-13-10, 07:53 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Just message him through ebay and tell him what you want and he will add the item to his ebay store. I bought a TON of ish from him and he told me to make a list of what I need that wasnt there and he added them to his 'store' . Just say you need the Stinger HPM Ring Battery Terminal SPT53R and a link with that picture to seal it off for him
ok, i will message him. thanks for that

well hmmm.. let me think, you have a 300 amp alt... hmmm, how about 300 or a little less to have it snap a bit sooner.
well actually i will have a 320 amp alternator....eventually....so i guess i will just get a 300 amp fuse. sorry guys bare with me as i said before i m taking this project more heads on, typically i would just drop it off and say do this and be done with it
Old 04-15-10, 01:14 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

updates to come...,i just finished working on the car. im tired.

car goes into shop mon. although still having issues with getting in contact with iraggi....it reminds me of how you'll talk bout TM engineering (who i actually have had good service from)
Old 04-15-10, 11:00 AM
mtparker18
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brian, for your ground, try something like this;

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/S...id/0/SFV/30046
Old 04-15-10, 11:27 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mtparker18
Brian, for your ground, try something like this;

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/S...id/0/SFV/30046
thanks but i already ordered 2 of these..

from jokersters guy on ebay.

well audio shop is backed up till wed/thurs which sucks as i took off m-thurs to give them plenty of time to work on it. ugh...oh well i guess i will break out the jeep or the truck for the next week or so.

gives me a chance to get alternator in before then too. thats the last part....

i will make a complete final list before it goes off to be installed. its fixing to be loud...

EDIT: i just thought bout this....after looking at this pic....these are gonna be annoying if i have to take them off a few times unless they have a hidden screw for the terminal post i dont see??? maybe i will flip them upside down.

Last edited by sakataj; 04-15-10 at 11:31 AM.
Old 04-15-10, 11:40 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

EDIT: i just thought bout this....after looking at this pic....these are gonna be annoying if i have to take them off a few times unless they have a hidden screw for the terminal post i dont see??? maybe i will flip them upside down.
Yup, if you look back, I said that they were a bich to install, but look nice The screw for the terminal facing the back side and is an allan wrench. If you ordered the right one, the screw will be on the outside of the battery, so it wont be to hard to do. I've had to take mine off a few times and they come off ok once you get used to them.
Old 04-15-10, 11:52 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Default ok guys need a little advice/recommendations for this 2nd to last part i need

Yup, if you look back, I said that they were a bich to install, but look nice The screw for the terminal facing the back side and is an allan wrench. If you ordered the right one, the screw will be on the outside of the battery, so it wont be to hard to do. I've had to take mine off a few times and they come off ok once you get used to them.
lol, yeah i see u said that now. oh well...

u get my PM bout setting up a page for that?

anyways the 2nd to last part i need to order is a half din dvd player....a external one, not a radio with a dvd player, JUST a dvd player. i was gonna get the audiovox but im having a hard time finding them as it seems they discontinued so anyone know of another HALF DIN DVD PLAYER...not needing anything fancy but dont want some garbage...oh and kinda wanting to order before fri so let me know guys. i got on ebay but most of those look like junk to me
Old 04-15-10, 04:29 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I've got Stinger terminals similar to the top ones you posted earlier and they tighten with an Allen screw, sounds like the ones you ordered should be similar, not too bad once you get used to it.

Brian, have you run the 0 gauge to the trunk yet? I've gotta do that in the next couple days; debating whether I should try to shove it through that grommet behind the battery or just run it in a conduit under the car.

Quick Reply: To any/all RE AUDIO XXX owners......