GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

To any/all RE AUDIO XXX owners......

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-10, 08:12 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle Harty
I've got Stinger terminals similar to the top ones you posted earlier and they tighten with an Allen screw, sounds like the ones you ordered should be similar, not too bad once you get used to it.
Wow, that sounds like what I said
Old 04-15-10, 11:39 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster

You were correct! Never hurts to have someone reaffirm things.

To sorta answer my own question from earlier, ran the power wire through the big grommet to the left of the battery a little bit ago, 0 gauge will fit through there with some effort.
Old 04-16-10, 12:34 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

I've got Stinger terminals similar to the top ones you posted earlier and they tighten with an Allen screw, sounds like the ones you ordered should be similar, not too bad once you get used to it.

Brian, have you run the 0 gauge to the trunk yet? I've gotta do that in the next couple days; debating whether I should try to shove it through that grommet behind the battery or just run it in a conduit under the car.
havent put it in yet kyle. sorry

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
twins lol

You were correct! Never hurts to have someone reaffirm things.

To sorta answer my own question from earlier, ran the power wire through the big grommet to the left of the battery a little bit ago, 0 gauge will fit through there with some effort.
good to know kyle thanks
Old 04-20-10, 10:57 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

paid for alternator today and its supposed to have a 7 day turn around. car goes into the shop wed till who knows when. im STILL waiting on my battery case (crappy company i bought it from, i haven't been able to reach. their website has been down since the 16th but i paid for mine on the 14th. i called, no answer, LM, no return calls so i might just reorder one.

https://www.mydiscountwholesaler.com...aintenance.php

battery came in today, mr jokestars fuse holders came in yesterday, dvd player will be here fri (BTW i switched to the Power Acoustik PADVD-45 half din DVD player)

positive wire for BIG 3 will be done when car is in the shop, terminals will be changed and be cleaned up also while in the shop. sam/kyle i took your advice and went back and dynamatted those holes....pics soon
Old 04-20-10, 01:05 PM
SPRTNYDSN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like your efforts for your audio install. In saying that, I know I'm definitely not going to do the same, it's time consuming.Sakataj, continue to do your thang, hoping for the best for the end result.

Right now, I'm purchasing audio supplies from Woofersetc.com and the rest from Ebay.
I was curious about the higher output alternator, can you guys steer me inot the right direction.
current supplies:
Monster 401 XLN 4C 4-Channel RCA Audio Cables
STINGER 200 AMP Power System CIRCUIT BREAKER SGP90200
STINGER LED battery terminal
NEW STINGER SGP32 200AMP CURRENT RELAY BATTERY ISOLATOR
MMATS 2100.1 amp 1500rms bass
MMATS equalizer
MMATS 2-3.0 subwoofers 700rms bass
Focal Utopia 2-6.5" conponents

Still up in the air, dunno which to choose:
JVC NX7000BT or Kenwood DDX-812 (I got a hookup for $600)
Kinetix or XSPower battery
Monster MPC I402 SW-9 ft Xtreme Subwoofer Cable or SHI2320 Stinger - 20 foot - 2 Channel HPM3 RCA Cables

Sakataj, your thread is helping me here deciding what to do but on a low level obviously.
Old 04-20-10, 02:12 PM
Rich23
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, I gotta get my hands on a system... I envy you guys...Hey, spence, hit me up on pm when you done with it man, I would like to hear how it sounds...
Old 04-20-10, 07:42 PM
SPRTNYDSN
Lexus Test Driver

This is my last thread jack, I'm gonna wait for Sakataj to finish his install then start my own thread on my progress.
I will post some pics when the install begins.
For now I'm usually inspired by members pics....
Let me post some of the things I mentioned or didn't mentioned.

oh yeah...I received the ebay trunk bar,JP replica spoiler and roof spoiler today.
The subs and 4 channel amp are in the basement.
Old 04-20-10, 07:48 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 382 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by spencedigg
Installing an inhaler?
Old 04-20-10, 07:57 PM
SPRTNYDSN
Lexus Test Driver

I knew someone would notice that, lol. Buying all of this crap is taking my breathe away.
Old 04-20-10, 08:01 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 382 Likes on 225 Posts

Lol...

Nice Galahad cup holder.
Old 04-20-10, 09:22 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

I like your efforts for your audio install. In saying that, I know I'm definitely not going to do the same, it's time consuming.Sakataj, continue to do your thang, hoping for the best for the end result.

Right now, I'm purchasing audio supplies from Woofersetc.com and the rest from Ebay.
I was curious about the higher output alternator, can you guys steer me inot the right direction.
current supplies:
Monster 401 XLN 4C 4-Channel RCA Audio Cables
STINGER 200 AMP Power System CIRCUIT BREAKER SGP90200
STINGER LED battery terminal
NEW STINGER SGP32 200AMP CURRENT RELAY BATTERY ISOLATOR
MMATS 2100.1 amp 1500rms bass
MMATS equalizer
MMATS 2-3.0 subwoofers 700rms bass
Focal Utopia 2-6.5" conponents

Still up in the air, dunno which to choose:
JVC NX7000BT or Kenwood DDX-812 (I got a hookup for $600)
Kinetix or XSPower battery
Monster MPC I402 SW-9 ft Xtreme Subwoofer Cable or SHI2320 Stinger - 20 foot - 2 Channel HPM3 RCA Cables

Sakataj, your thread is helping me here deciding what to do but on a low level obviously.
i got my alternator from iraggi.....JUST got my kinetik HC2400 battery in, man its huge. 70lb heavy ugh

Originally Posted by Rich23
Damn, I gotta get my hands on a system... I envy you guys...Hey, spence, hit me up on pm when you done with it man, I would like to hear how it sounds...
then get one. my build started out JUST as a sub and speakers and some dynamat. now look at it

This is my last thread jack, I'm gonna wait for Sakataj to finish his install then start my own thread on my progress.
I will post some pics when the install begins.
For now I'm usually inspired by members pics....
Let me post some of the things I mentioned or didn't mentioned.

oh yeah...I received the ebay trunk bar,JP replica spoiler and roof spoiler today.
The subs and 4 channel amp are in the basement.
um OK, WTF go make your own thread sir....it was fine when u were talking bout your system and asking advice but this is a little much man.

Originally Posted by 1UZ-GS
Installing an inhaler?
lol....

I knew someone would notice that, lol. Buying all of this crap is taking my breathe away.
ha....my amp cost more than your whole setup hehehe

Originally Posted by 1UZ-GS
Lol...

Nice Galahad cup holder.
Old 04-20-10, 10:38 PM
SPRTNYDSN
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sakataj
i got my alternator from iraggi.....JUST got my kinetik HC2400 battery in, man its huge. 70lb heavy ugh
I had that in my last car, it a good battery. Just looking for alternatives.

um OK, WTF go make your own thread sir....it was fine when u were talking bout your system and asking advice but this is a little much man.
visual aid does help ya know!!! Don't worry the thread is all yours.

ha....my amp cost more than your whole setup hehehe

that's great...I only paid 400(original price $700) when it first came on the scene. I always searching for a good deal, why break your wallet unless you don't mind and the Galahad cup holder is a nice little piece for the interior, no need for the sarcastic look,lol.

Last edited by SPRTNYDSN; 04-20-10 at 10:41 PM.
Old 04-21-10, 09:38 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

I had that in my last car, it a good battery. Just looking for alternatives.

visual aid does help ya know!!! Don't worry the thread is all yours.

that's great...I only paid 400(original price $700) when it first came on the scene. I always searching for a good deal, why break your wallet unless you don't mind and the Galahad cup holder is a nice little piece for the interior, no need for the sarcastic look,lol.
yeah i started to get the kinetik hc3600 but thats just way overkill...

true, they do.....just wasnt sure why u posted the wing,cup holder etc. the audio was fine. its no matter, not trying to run you outta here.

oh, i wasnt trying to break the bank. i coudlnt find a amp that would power this sub completely without bridging it so i bought one of the biggest i knew of what does the galahad cup holder hold onto btw? so u doing just components or a sub also?

BTW ALL....filed a dispute on paypal this morning already have a credit for the battery box. only problem is i NEEDED that today or tomorrow so i will reorder one but it wont be here in time...thats ok. till the alternator gets here it wont matter. (hoping for it to come in on before next wed)

EDIT: ordered new battery tray.....so just waiting on that, half din dvd player will be here fri, alternator next week

Last edited by sakataj; 04-21-10 at 10:33 AM.
Old 04-28-10, 09:00 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

well since car is gonna be there another week (they got the owner, co-owner, and a installer out of town for a show (they have a demo vehicle they just finished) im gonna get some more tatoo work done in the wait...

waiting on alternator still but only been 6 business days so far, was told 7 day turn around so we will see
Old 04-28-10, 01:54 PM
SPRTNYDSN
Lexus Test Driver

The Galahad cup holder came with 3 types of plastic hooks to hold to the vents or doors. Waiting for another member to sell his/her cup holder so I can place it in the rear vent center console.

Hope you get your money back from the battery box.

Pardon, what rca cables are you using? I just purchased Monster interconnect 401 XLN 4C 4-Channel RCA Audio Cable 13ft and Monster Cable 402 XLN XTREME Subwoofer RCA Interconnect on ebay.

Quick Reply: To any/all RE AUDIO XXX owners......