GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

To any/all RE AUDIO XXX owners......

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-10, 02:28 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by spencedigg
The Galahad cup holder came with 3 types of plastic hooks to hold to the vents or doors. Waiting for another member to sell his/her cup holder so I can place it in the rear vent center console.

Hope you get your money back from the battery box.

Pardon, what rca cables are you using? I just purchased Monster interconnect 401 XLN 4C 4-Channel RCA Audio Cable 13ft and Monster Cable 402 XLN XTREME Subwoofer RCA Interconnect on ebay.
so wouldnt that mess up the vents if u have a heavy drink in it?

i did get my money back but for some reason i now have 2 battery boxes (i reordered one and then i got the first one so i have to see if they charged me for it)

im using Stinger SPI6317 6 channel RCA's im bout to make a complete listing of parts i used
Old 04-28-10, 02:43 PM
SPRTNYDSN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I actually tried a Poland spring water bottle and it worked fine. I was kinda able to use the directional part of the vent also. I just wanted them for show, so I looking for an empty liquor bottle(dress it up also) that can fit.

I remember someone posting a thread about speaker size and I didn't want to run into the same problem. Hopefully buying a pair 6.5 mdf rings (especially for the rear) would help.
Old 04-28-10, 03:00 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

ok so this is the COMPLETE list of parts i supplied to my audio place....

they had to make alot of custom panels and what not but this is what i gave them to install or that i installed

3 boxes of 10465 Bulk Dynamat

1 Yellow Top Optima (already installed)

50 feet of 0 gauge and bout 30 feet of 4 gauge wiring (they supplying this so actual lengths, i dunno but this is what i was quoted with) BTW YES, i know i have 3 sirius tuners in this list....im gonna see which one functions best with the alpine)

Gen 4 Nav Ecu

Custom Made Prestigious Society Nav Override Unit (To Enter Directions On The Fly)

Nav Tool EE0246 (bought from a group buy on here months ago 10/28/08 to be exact) https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...interface.html

KCA-SC100 Sirius Tuner

SIR-PNR1 Sirius Tuner

SCC1 Sirius Tuner

Stinger SPD5621 Power Distribution Block

Stinger SPD5202 Inline Fuse Holder

Stinger SPI6317 6 Channel Stereo Interconnect RCA's

Stinger SPD514 Power Distribution Block

Stinger SPT53303 Negative Battery Terminal

Stinger SPT53103 Positive Battery Terminal

Stinger SHDA1 Inline Fuse Holder (added Precaution on my alternator BIG 3)

Stinger SHDA1 Inline Fuse Holder (for rear battery)

Exonic EXR300 Rear View Camera (Installed in Keyhole)

Alpine VPA-B222 Vehicle Hub Pro (used to interface everything through the factory screen)

Peripheral Peswiakjc Steering Wheel Control Interface

Diamond Audio D662 Front Components

Diamond Audio D662 Rear Components

Diamond Audio DTK Aux Tweeter Kit (upgraded to the D662 tweeter and used in the ML in dash speaker)

RE Audio XXX 12" Sub

Orion HCCA25001 Amp (Powering The Sub)

Orion HCCA10004 Amp (Powering The Components)

Kinetik HC2400 Battery (In The Trunk)

Kinetik KMS-24 Battery Sleeve

Kinetik KHC-TP Power Top Posts

Iraggi 320 Amp Alternator

BIG 3 O Gauge Grounding Kit (With Extra Grounding Wires Cause I Had Extra Wires)

Power Acoustic PADVD-450 1/2 Din DVD Player

KCE-4221 Ipod-ALP-B Ipod Cable

CD-1B100 Pioneer Ipod Adaptor

I think this is a fairly complete list...of the supplied parts

im getting a custom box in the trunk with 1" thick plexiglass front. all panels holding the amps and crossovers with be flushed (im also trying to keep the spare tire in the car) my prestigious society remote and my remote for the alpine are being put into secret places ATM im not revealing where they going

stay tuned

Last edited by sakataj; 05-19-10 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-01-10, 07:46 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

picked up my rental car, its a pontiac G6. airbag light came on like 5 minutes into driving it, yeah awesome

some pics of the doors before i sent here to the shop, took kyle and sams advice and finished the door although since i have to replace the drivers door accuator now so it seems silly

well, while car was in the shop i took sometime to work on some other unfinished projects,

i got my 7th session of work done on my chest (each session is about 3-4 hours)

i have about 2 or 3 sessions left. still have to do color on the left side top and then color on the right side lower and then on the top

pics from the audio shop

box being built....will be a plexiglass front (tuned to i think he said 32 hertz)

DVD Player mounted with nav tool being worked on in glovebox

Mike (in car) Alex Outside Of Car

Plates For Rear Speakers To Hold 6.5" Speaker And Tweeter

Wires In Trunk

Wires In Rear Seat

Mike Resoldering NavTool Plug

Alex (Left), Paul (Background), And Mike (Right) All 3 Are Working On My Car (all 3 are really, really good With OVER 22 years experience between the 3 of them)

STAY TUNED: STILL waiting on alternator. it was due thurs so i will have to email Dominique Monday and find out what the hold up is. you guys are REALLY gonna like what im doing with my remote/prestigious society remote. have to finish up my dynamat when i get the car back, still have the rear drivers door to do and the rest of the rear seat

picked up a new toy while im waiting to, gotta polish them up

Last edited by sakataj; 05-01-10 at 07:52 AM.
Old 05-01-10, 09:57 AM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice! don't tell me you are using stock speakers in the front!! get some SQ speakers as you no longer need high powered speakers. You just need clean,clear, and accurate...power is not "necessary" as you dynamat your whole ride. Something that really accurate and sounds good. send it the frequency it needs so that it doesn't play extra notes to allow less distortion so that it plays only those frequency. Sub doing sub frequency, mids doing only mids....etc... but u got the pro to take care of you on that.

Definitely upgrade those speakers. It's gonna sound awesome man!
Old 05-01-10, 10:03 AM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by sam430
Nice! don't tell me you are using stock speakers in the front!!

Hmm...

Originally Posted by sakataj
Diamond Audio D662 Front Components

Diamond Audio D662 Rear Components

Diamond Audio DTK Aux Tweeter Kit (upgraded to the D662 tweeter and used in the ML in dash speaker)

Eclipse PA5422 Component Amp (Powering The Front/Rear Components)
Big Mack
Old 05-01-10, 10:05 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

Looks like its coming together, how exciting... As for the box, looks like its tuned closer to 35hz or higher. Box is pretty small and port is very small. (man I wish we had more space for woofer ) and did they use 1/2" wood? are they gonna at least brace it, cause with that powerful woofer, that box is gonna flex like a mother.
Old 05-01-10, 10:10 AM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

LOL, forgot...and the spec is just up top...

The pic of the speakers just freaked me out. LOL
Old 05-02-10, 07:32 AM
sinistervr
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
Looks like its coming together, how exciting... As for the box, looks like its tuned closer to 35hz or higher. Box is pretty small and port is very small. (man I wish we had more space for woofer ) and did they use 1/2" wood? are they gonna at least brace it, cause with that powerful woofer, that box is gonna flex like a mother.
i agree port deff looks small and box looks about 2.5 cu ft before woofer displacment, i would say 3hrtz, but if they are adding another piece of wood to make the port a "L" then they can still make it 32hrtz
Old 05-02-10, 11:36 AM
McKrevice
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How's the dynamat? Notice a difference?

Also, I looked but did not see how to get at the sub. I have seen it on here before but forgot the thread. Got a thread on how to remove the back seats to access the sub?
Old 05-02-10, 01:13 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by McKrevice
How's the dynamat? Notice a difference?

Also, I looked but did not see how to get at the sub. I have seen it on here before but forgot the thread. Got a thread on how to remove the back seats to access the sub?
Pull up on the bottom of the seat; it's held by clips. Once that's out you'll see the bolts that hold the seatback on the bottom; there's more bolts behind the headrests as well, remove them and you'll see the flap to pull up and expose the screws.
Old 05-02-10, 04:59 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by sinistervr
i agree port deff looks small and box looks about 2.5 cu ft before woofer displacment, i would say 3hrtz, but if they are adding another piece of wood to make the port a "L" then they can still make it 32hrtz
Agreed.. But because theres only one 12 on there... They have plenty of space to make a huge port Should have done at least 3" or 4" wide. The way it looks, due to teh small port, looks like a 'to factory spec' box keeping it tuned at like 36hz to peak at ~40ish. Doubt they're gonna do the L though cause the woofer is tall. IMO, it may be too shallow as it is. 4" from the back wall to the magnet is rule of thumb right? but the 1/2" wood is whats questionable still At least the baffle is doubled up
Old 05-03-10, 10:47 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Nice! don't tell me you are using stock speakers in the front!! get some SQ speakers as you no longer need high powered speakers. You just need clean,clear, and accurate...power is not "necessary" as you dynamat your whole ride. Something that really accurate and sounds good. send it the frequency it needs so that it doesn't play extra notes to allow less distortion so that it plays only those frequency. Sub doing sub frequency, mids doing only mids....etc... but u got the pro to take care of you on that.

nope...

Originally Posted by Big Mack
Hmm...

Big Mack
lol, thanks mack

i dunno what its tuned for jokster. he told me 32hz so thats what im going from. i think it is 1/2 wood. maybe it will flex and break and they can make me a new one after that lol

LOL, forgot...and the spec is just up top...

The pic of the speakers just freaked me out. LOL
those pics were in my driveway BEFORE i dropped it offf to shop

Originally Posted by sinistervr
all this is way beyond me lol

Originally Posted by Kyle Harty
Pull up on the bottom of the seat; it's held by clips. Once that's out you'll see the bolts that hold the seatback on the bottom; there's more bolts behind the headrests as well, remove them and you'll see the flap to pull up and expose the screws.
didnt even know what u were referring to at first. had to unblock someones post just to see it

Agreed.. But because theres only one 12 on there... They have plenty of space to make a huge port Should have done at least 3" or 4" wide. The way it looks, due to teh small port, looks like a 'to factory spec' box keeping it tuned at like 36hz to peak at ~40ish. Doubt they're gonna do the L though cause the woofer is tall. IMO, it may be too shallow as it is. 4" from the back wall to the magnet is rule of thumb right? but the 1/2" wood is whats questionable still At least the baffle is doubled up
well....i will just have to see. i dunno bout all this...

i have one issue....seems noone makes steering wheel controls for our car? is this even true..... they said the ones i have wont work

oh, i bought the Peripheral Peswiakjc Steering Wheel Control Interface

Last edited by sakataj; 05-03-10 at 10:50 AM.
Old 05-03-10, 07:27 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

well a little bit of a further delay.my Plexiglas is still in Nashville. the floods we got here the last few days have cause a delay in shipping. nashville got bout 22" of rain and we got like 19". my work got flooded. alternator STILL isnt here

we had bout 1 foot of standing water in our showroom and our bout 6" of standing water in our warehouse. the backroom of my house flooded

another part still hasnt come back from a outside company whose working on it. so another delay....im changing my component amp to this Orion HCCA10004 for a few reasons.

BTW GUYS: found out the box was made with 3/4" wood NOT 1/2" so thats good news

Last edited by sakataj; 05-06-10 at 02:23 PM.
Old 05-03-10, 07:34 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i could tell right away that it was 3/4???

Quick Reply: To any/all RE AUDIO XXX owners......