GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

To any/all RE AUDIO XXX owners......

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-10, 11:21 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

I say file a dispute but state in the dispute (which he can read) that you're not upset and that you only filed because you couldnt get ahold of him and felt this was the only way to get him to respond.....
Old 05-10-10, 11:49 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
I say file a dispute but state in the dispute (which he can read) that you're not upset and that you only filed because you couldnt get ahold of him and felt this was the only way to get him to respond.....
well, since i have 10 more days to file it....im gonna wait a few more days. my main concern is....i need/want this alternator BUT if i file a dispute on it (since i dont want my 30 days to expire) i can almost bet he wont sell it to me again...

had he put it on ebay as i asked i woulda felt a little safer bout it. dont get me wrong though, i dont believe he is trying to rip me off, i know we had a storm and he's backed up and all but man some kinda of contact would be nice.
Old 05-10-10, 01:35 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
i dont believe he is trying to rip me off, i know we had a storm and he's backed up and all but man some kinda of contact would be nice.
Not unreasonable to expect some contact, I'd be pretty frustrated in your spot. Alot of business people seem to have a hard time grasping simple customer relations. I used one his alts. years ago and put another in a buddies car and was happy with them and got good service, but that was a long time ago, can't say anything about his record recently, seems like maybe he's gotten in over his head a little bit.
Old 05-11-10, 09:21 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Default A little teaser guys....

i picked the car up yesterday....its 99% done.... new camera is on order as the diesel wouldn't fit still need to connect the sirius though

still have a few things to do wed but they wanted me to take it and mess with it to see what i though (what i thought i might wanna change) STILL need my alternator...sub hits but i haven't cranked it yet as im breaking it in. did break out some old school power supply and hit it for a second....

no rattles outside of car, wont know completely bout inside till i get interior back in completely. going to try to get my exhaust put on tonight too

leaving u with one little teaser, enjoy

Old 05-11-10, 10:26 AM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Looks good, looking forward to more pics!
Old 05-11-10, 11:32 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

thanks kyle, should wrap almost all of it up tomorrow. i gotta decide if i will post a new thread bout it or keep it in here.........

still freaking out bout my alternator....
Old 05-11-10, 04:28 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Is the box sealed to the rear deck? I'm debating whether I should enlarge the stock hole in my deck or seal it off without hacking up the deck. The box itself is almost done so I'll have to figure it out soon.
Old 05-12-10, 08:27 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kyle Harty
Is the box sealed to the rear deck? I'm debating whether I should enlarge the stock hole in my deck or seal it off without hacking up the deck. The box itself is almost done so I'll have to figure it out soon.
no its not sealed to the rear deck, its close though....they ended up actually cutting my rear deck and will end up cutting my rear deck lid (fabric part) and im gonna cut around the sub some more

sub sounds amazing, still not broken in yet though and still doesn't have enough continuous power but ATM everything is good. i couldn't get back to the shop today to drop it back off (to finish everything) but i will try and get it there tomorrow for sure

here is the pic of part of the rear deck (sorry its a dark pic i dont have my software to edit it up at work)

BTW the dynamat worked great....inside the car its amazing....outside no rattles and you can barely tell im bumping (unless u put your hand on the car then its crazy). hmmmm noone seems interested in my teaser
Old 05-12-10, 08:46 AM
SPRTNYDSN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj

BTW the dynamat worked great....inside the car its amazing....outside no rattles and you can barely tell im bumping (unless u put your hand on the car then its crazy). hmmmm noone seems interested in my teaser
Cuz everybody is waiting for your alternator..lol.
Old 05-12-10, 11:12 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by spencedigg
Cuz everybody is waiting for your alternator..lol.
join the club....im waiting to....
Old 05-12-10, 12:28 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

well..............good times....

well JUST got off the phone with dom, have to say a VERY nice pleasant guy to talk/deal with on the phone. said my alternator is going out today. great service now that i actually got through with him and talked to him. cannot wait to get this
Old 05-12-10, 12:55 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

how is that great service? having to wait a month to get something you're suppose to get in a week? As a seller, I'd be kissing *** too if it had been that long I'm glad you got through to him though, but I think you're just happy you finally got word should have asked him to throw a few more amps in to that alternator
Old 05-12-10, 02:10 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
how is that great service? having to wait a month to get something you're suppose to get in a week? As a seller, I'd be kissing *** too if it had been that long I'm glad you got through to him though, but I think you're just happy you finally got word should have asked him to throw a few more amps in to that alternator
well, i guess its not, but the guy was really helpful on the phone....im just concerned he's just telling me its on its way out today and its not. your right though i am just happy (aka relieved) i finally got word...

btw as of today its only been 22 days on a 10 day turn around. keep in mind they are closed Sat AND Sun so technically its only been 17 business days and with the floods up there i guess this isn't truly unexpected. if i don't get it by the 14th i will be surprised but if i don't get it by the 17th i will be filing a claim. (he's supposed to be emailing me a tracking # tonight when it ships and if i don't get that, i guess i will kinda know its not out yet)

keeping my fingers crossed.....
Old 05-12-10, 05:15 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Glad to hear things are coming together for you.
Old 05-13-10, 11:49 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kyle Harty
Glad to hear things are coming together for you.
well, FINALLY got my alternator my gawd this thing is heavy....here's some pics of it from my iphone (sorry camera is at home)

car is back in shop wrapping everything up and installing a few extra things.

i did change the camera AGAIN...should have it back today or tomorrow.

Quick Reply: To any/all RE AUDIO XXX owners......