GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

To any/all RE AUDIO XXX owners......

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-10, 12:58 PM
SPRTNYDSN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ahhh...sign of relieve. I'm sure you're doing the BIG 3 with the install of the alternator? Well, congrats on receiving your alternator. Maybe we can make him a vendor here, so he can make better deals.
Old 05-13-10, 02:15 PM
robertoyou
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good that you got your alt!!!!
who did you get it from again?
let us know how it fits and works out for you.

i need an alt asap.lol

and trust me. IM very interested in that teaser picture lol. that things looks great!!! i cant wait to see how the whole trunk looks!!!

i just did a pandpass through the rear deck also, but i used no plexi glass =(
so its all just wood that you can see. i wish i wouldve used plexi glass to get some looks like yours.

tell me more bout the enclosure of that xxx. its a sealed enclosure? did they scrrew it on to the rear deck and then just seal off the part of the trunk where it goes? give us some more pics on the enclsoure/sub!! looks great!
Old 05-13-10, 02:22 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by spencedigg
Ahhh...sign of relieve. I'm sure you're doing the BIG 3 with the install of the alternator? Well, congrats on receiving your alternator. Maybe we can make him a vendor here, so he can make better deals.
yeah big relief. already done the BIG 3....except the positive cable which will go on when i go the alternator

i dont believe he would last very long as a vendor.he kinda reminds me of TM....except at least eventually i can get him on the phone unlike TM who i cant get in touch with and i ordered something from april 1st and have heard NOTHING from in a week or two

Originally Posted by robertoyou
good that you got your alt!!!!
who did you get it from again?
let us know how it fits and works out for you.

i need an alt asap.lol

and trust me. IM very interested in that teaser picture lol. that things looks great!!! i cant wait to see how the whole trunk looks!!!

i just did a pandpass through the rear deck also, but i used no plexi glass =(
so its all just wood that you can see. i wish i wouldve used plexi glass to get some looks like yours.

tell me more bout the enclosure of that xxx. its a sealed enclosure? did they scrrew it on to the rear deck and then just seal off the part of the trunk where it goes? give us some more pics on the enclsoure/sub!! looks great!
i got it from IRAGGI alternators....

trunk setup is amazing...i promise.

i used the plexi to show off that awesome of a sub not sealed, its ported....if u scroll up i show the port they cut through the rear deck then they cut through the rear deck interior and re-covered the hole with speaker cloth (?) no more pics of the enclosure/sub till i get everything completely done. on my way to go get her now....camera is done (flush mounted into keyhole in trunk bar) just a few small things left

Last edited by sakataj; 05-13-10 at 02:32 PM.
Old 05-13-10, 05:43 PM
robertoyou
Advanced

Originally Posted by sakataj
yeah big relief. already done the BIG 3....except the positive cable which will go on when i go the alternator

i dont believe he would last very long as a vendor.he kinda reminds me of TM....except at least eventually i can get him on the phone unlike TM who i cant get in touch with and i ordered something from april 1st and have heard NOTHING from in a week or two

i got it from IRAGGI alternators....

trunk setup is amazing...i promise.

i used the plexi to show off that awesome of a sub not sealed, its ported....if u scroll up i show the port they cut through the rear deck then they cut through the rear deck interior and re-covered the hole with speaker cloth (?) no more pics of the enclosure/sub till i get everything completely done. on my way to go get her now....camera is done (flush mounted into keyhole in trunk bar) just a few small things left
well im pretty eager to see howe everything looks and maybe use some of your ideas. so far everything looks really good.

which alternator did you get? the dominator or amputator series? i cant decide on which one! i dont need too too much power, so i dont know if i should just save myself some money and get the dominator isntead. it looks like youl definitely need the aputator. how much power in after market equipment will you be running?
Old 05-14-10, 08:57 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

well im pretty eager to see howe everything looks and maybe use some of your ideas. so far everything looks really good.

which alternator did you get? the dominator or amputator series? i cant decide on which one! i dont need too too much power, so i dont know if i should just save myself some money and get the dominator isntead. it looks like youl definitely need the aputator. how much power in after market equipment will you be running?
so am i.....thanks

i got the amputator series...(off the top of my head) i think im running over 8,000 watts in power
Old 05-14-10, 02:29 PM
robertoyou
Advanced

so am i.....thanks

i got the amputator series...(off the top of my head) i think im running over 8,000 watts in power
hmm well your running a lot more than me, so maybe the dominator is enough for me
Old 05-14-10, 02:33 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

hmm well your running a lot more than me, so maybe the dominator is enough for me
If I were you I'd get the bigger one now, it'll give you room to grow down the road. If there's one thing I've learned working on cars and systems over the years it's that it's cheaper to do it right or better/bigger the first time and not have to redo it later.
Old 05-16-10, 12:26 AM
robertoyou
Advanced

Originally Posted by Kyle Harty
If I were you I'd get the bigger one now, it'll give you room to grow down the road. If there's one thing I've learned working on cars and systems over the years it's that it's cheaper to do it right or better/bigger the first time and not have to redo it later.
haha true true. your right, i will go with the bigger. as of today, mr jokster has convinced me to go with dc power. just emailed them today, hoping to hear back form them soon. they are supposed to have more alt options, but i will go with something good.
Old 05-17-10, 08:29 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

always go bigger in case u want more...

Originally Posted by Kyle Harty
x2

haha true true. your right, i will go with the bigger. as of today, mr jokster has convinced me to go with dc power. just emailed them today, hoping to hear back form them soon. they are supposed to have more alt options, but i will go with something good.
yeah.....if u think my wait time was long....on SMD forums SOME people have waited almost 6 weeks to several months to get their alternators from DC...part of the reason i didnt use them. although i have no first hand info on them these were the reviews i heard from them when i was hunting for my alternator....
Old 05-19-10, 12:51 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

so kca-sc100 went back to alpine as the unit doesnt have the right software for the alpine vpa. none of the shops in town had one....returned to alpine so they are sending a new one out....will have new thread up after that and alternator are installed
Old 05-19-10, 01:46 PM
robertoyou
Advanced

always go bigger in case u want more...

x2

yeah.....if u think my wait time was long....on SMD forums SOME people have waited almost 6 weeks to several months to get their alternators from DC...part of the reason i didnt use them. although i have no first hand info on them these were the reviews i heard from them when i was hunting for my alternator....

whoa noway!! 6 months!??!?!? wow. now im re-thinking dc power lol. iv already been waiting since sunday for a simple email response. damn. i will contact them asap. , but this kind of scares me. weeks? - 6 months?!?!
idk if their alts are were that wait. maybe they are, but idk to take that "risk". eeh
Old 05-19-10, 01:52 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

whoa noway!! 6 months!??!?!? wow. now im re-thinking dc power lol. iv already been waiting since sunday for a simple email response. damn. i will contact them asap. , but this kind of scares me. weeks? - 6 months?!?!
idk if their alts are were that wait. maybe they are, but idk to take that "risk". eeh
as i said no first hand experience with them but thats what people from the SMD forums were saying....weeks to months turnaround on a alternator. only 2 people actually said 6 months wait on it....

NO ONE'S products are that good that im waiting that long for a simple alternator
Old 05-19-10, 02:11 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

I'd like to see where 6 months was waited... its hearsay at the moment. Also, did they order direct from DC? or from a local shop? IMO, a shop's order would be priority over an internet sale.
Old 05-19-10, 02:24 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
I'd like to see where 6 months was waited... its hearsay at the moment. Also, did they order direct from DC? or from a local shop? IMO, a shop's order would be priority over an internet sale.
go to SMD then....i didnt say it wasnt hearsay. this is why i said i had no personal experience and was just going by what i read on SMD. i dunno how or where they ordered....im just relaying what i read from there. dont shoot the messenger sir
Old 05-19-10, 08:14 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

go to SMD then....i didnt say it wasnt hearsay. this is why i said i had no personal experience and was just going by what i read on SMD. i dunno how or where they ordered....im just relaying what i read from there. dont shoot the messenger sir
understandable... What I hate though about shtuff I read sometimes, people say they had to wait 6 months (in that case) but people dont realize when they ordered and factor in all the important stuff. A LOT of people out there (unlike ourselves Brian) just dont think, like all those negative feedback givers on Ebay... People will start counting the arrival of a package from the day they were first interested or considering the purchase instead of when they actually ordered or payed for it. At least while you were waiting you considered weekends and what not, which you MUST do... IMO, when it comes to deciding on what to buy and reading reviews, its not smart to use arrival time as a factor of what to order <--- that last comment was in general and not directed towards you

Quick Reply: To any/all RE AUDIO XXX owners......