GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

To any/all RE AUDIO XXX owners......

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-10, 02:24 PM
robertoyou
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
thanks, i dunno i enjoy doing stuff to my car...so right now i tolerate it. also maybe cause i started acquiring parts for this build in 2007
did you ever buy that powerbastards alternator?
please let me know! lol. ive been desperately needing an alt.
i got pretty bad dimming. and i wana upgrade the alt. powerbastards is the only alt ive found. and the cheapest.

excessive apperage says theyl make me a custom, for 380. but powerbastards is only 310 shipped, so still cheaper.

and i found some iraggi alts but those are like 320 and 4 hundred.

and i wana know if the powerbastards worked and fit well. let me know man.
your car is lookin damn good btw. dynamat is looking good. i jus dynamatted my doors on my gs last night also. and i have a re mx. just built a box for two ten se's that will be porting through the rear deck where the stock sub is.
prepare yourself for MAJOR rattles. my mx rattled the **** outa the trunk!
its not even the trunk that rattles so much, its something down where the gas tank is at, or so it sounds like it. i didnt have mine dynamated back then, so maybe thats why, but stil, a huge sub like an xxx should rattle yours like crazy.

i have the diamonds d6's in my gs also. and they sounded okay, until last night when i dynamated everything. damn. im VERY VERY impressed with the diamonds now.

let me know bout the alt.
Old 03-14-10, 05:22 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 90 Likes on 82 Posts

I wouldnt do any thing else but an Irragi Alternator!

Amputator FTW!

and fitment is never an issue... they get our factory ones and rebuild them with better coils and parts. Id read more reviews on those other alternators before buying cause most high output alternators are known for meltdown :/ and Irragi are proven

Last edited by Mr Jokster; 03-14-10 at 05:25 PM.
Old 03-14-10, 11:41 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
I got a SR 10 Re Audio and I still like it.
cool

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
yea me too, but after doing it to every car I've had over and over and over and customers cars.... ugh, just no fun anymore

btw, if you really Loved it, you wouldnt be back on this topic a year later with the same progress as before j/k
did i mention its cheaper to do dynamat myself than have a shop do it?

yeah....well lets see since then i have had a hernia surgery, dislocated my shoulder, spent 2 months on light duty after falling off a 2nd story shelf and landing on my shoulder/back, gotten started back into gym, working 14.5 hours a day 5-6 days of the week, trying to buy a house, pay off my 32k student loan, and trying to progress in all my other mods. lol i know u were teasing but i been uber busy and overwhelmed in my life

Originally Posted by robertoyou
did you ever buy that powerbastards alternator?
please let me know! lol. ive been desperately needing an alt.
i got pretty bad dimming. and i wana upgrade the alt. powerbastards is the only alt ive found. and the cheapest.

excessive apperage says theyl make me a custom, for 380. but powerbastards is only 310 shipped, so still cheaper.

and i found some iraggi alts but those are like 320 and 4 hundred.

and i wana know if the powerbastards worked and fit well. let me know man.
your car is lookin damn good btw. dynamat is looking good. i jus dynamatted my doors on my gs last night also. and i have a re mx. just built a box for two ten se's that will be porting through the rear deck where the stock sub is.
prepare yourself for MAJOR rattles. my mx rattled the **** outa the trunk!
its not even the trunk that rattles so much, its something down where the gas tank is at, or so it sounds like it. i didnt have mine dynamated back then, so maybe thats why, but stil, a huge sub like an xxx should rattle yours like crazy.

i have the diamonds d6's in my gs also. and they sounded okay, until last night when i dynamated everything. damn. im VERY VERY impressed with the diamonds now.

let me know bout the alt.
um u sure that was me?

i have never heard of powerbastards OR excessive apperage

im supposed to be having a custom one built but we'll see bout the price on it. u got a link to these places? are they reputable?

i will have to get a alternator though....my amp will be maxing at close to 5,000 watts lol . uber crazy power

I wouldnt do any thing else but an Irragi Alternator!

Amputator FTW!

and fitment is never an issue... they get our factory ones and rebuild them with better coils and parts. Id read more reviews on those other alternators before buying cause most high output alternators are known for meltdown :/ and Irragi are proven

yeah that's what i was looking for and looked and looked. couldnt find a website for them, any contact info except that he's in TN also and i got that from here

http://www.manta.com/c/mmljxtv/iraggi-alternators

steve meade uses him alot (if u into audio you know who steve meade is. i mean the guy has a truck that makes 30,000 watts of power) and i guess that kinda answer my own ? if its good enough for steve meade, then its good enough for me.
although my buddy who works at the shop im having my install down at says he has never heard of them. which i find VERY odd, he's well known in town and he's been in the industry for a long time but he still says he has NEVER heard of irragi.

also found this....THEIR BBB rating of a F for 2 complaints..

http://www.bbb.org/nashville/busines...ne-tn-37012481

EDIT: FROM STEVE MEADE'S WEBSITE

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/home/

i found a link to iraagi's ebay site and im gonna email or call them tomorrow to get a quote

so im torn....should i be looking for a 200, 220,260 or 300 amp alternator now?

Last edited by sakataj; 03-15-10 at 12:06 AM.
Old 03-15-10, 12:01 AM
shvc1991
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ To the powerbastards comment. Yes it was you. You talked about it in the end of post #41.

Just letting you know.

I like where this build is going. Good job with the dynamat!
Old 03-15-10, 12:21 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by shvc1991
^ To the powerbastards comment. Yes it was you. You talked about it in the end of post #41.

Just letting you know.

I like where this build is going. Good job with the dynamat!
haha nice....and ty for finding that. i remember why i dont remember this. was referred to me by a guy from here and then i apparently i wasn't 100% sold on it as its a "universal" fit....but it says it may require some modifications to get it to fit so i stopped looking into it.

although i do like there pre-made 0 gauge alternator kit

http://powerbastards.com/proddetail.asp?prod=PB-1001-01

i will keep them in mind. they DEF the cheapest one so far but cheapest isnt always the best for me

ty....this will probably be my best build of a audio system. im expecting to make alot of power and as anyone knows. more power....more problems... more $$$ lol

gotta start thinking bout coils to help support the weight in the trunk
Old 03-15-10, 12:51 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Yea, Dominique is pretty good at answering emails quickly on ebay. Best way to know what alt to get is just add up your drawl. Find out what our factory alternator is and then add all the amperes that your amps and any other power hungry device you have on there. If you're running 1500watts, then thats an extra 125amps. So if our factory alt is like 120amps, then you will need at least the 250 (125+120=245) simple as that. The more the merrier. Amutoator is best because it has a higher output at idle than the dominator series.

as for pricing:

amputator series

200a- $419
220a- $479
260a- $519
300a- $559

Dominator series

200a- $329
220a- $389
260a- $429
300a- $469
Old 03-15-10, 01:41 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Yea, Dominique is pretty good at answering emails quickly on ebay. Best way to know what alt to get is just add up your drawl. Find out what our factory alternator is and then add all the amperes that your amps and any other power hungry device you have on there. If you're running 1500watts, then thats an extra 125amps. So if our factory alt is like 120amps, then you will need at least the 250 (125+120=245) simple as that. The more the merrier. Amutoator is best because it has a higher output at idle than the dominator series.

as for pricing:

amputator series

200a- $419
220a- $479
260a- $519
300a- $559

Dominator series

200a- $329
220a- $389
260a- $429
300a- $469
Amputator Series is also best as it has a 2 year warranty although they do offer the lifetime warranty that u have to buy at the time of alternator purchase IF u want it and thats another 100

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Iragg...Q5fAccessories

so anyone know factory output of OEM alternator? according to internet its ONLY 100amps...is that seriously right? (im searching for a definitive answer) so yeah im running way more than 1500 watts. so already i would say that would put me at a 300...so thats 659 before installation (i will probably do my own install). i think its underneath on the v-8 right? (to lazy to go look plus its like 3 am)

jokstar i have a ? bout my big 3...in pics on post 54. is it ok for me to have used the intake manifold instead of the block?

also since i cant open the attachments from this on my home computer (have to wait till i get to work) are these similar or accurate for the gs430? or does anyone have them for the gs430?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...nt-how-to.html

Last edited by sakataj; 03-15-10 at 02:05 AM.
Old 03-15-10, 07:08 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice work again! Is that you in the trunk Brian?

I ran a couple Iraggi alts back in the day and they were solid.

I'm in the middle of tearing my car apart as well. I ran a ground from a bolt 6 inches or so in front of the one you used on top of the engine, I would think your spot should be fine as I believe I've seen that bolt used in grounding kits but I wouldn't go 100% on my word.

I'm working slowly on my doors right now, it's taken some trial and error work to get the front mids to fit, I think I've got it now, waiting on more sound deadening and a dash kit for the HU.

What box specs did you decide on for the XXX? I'm still trying to figure out what to do for a sub.
Old 03-15-10, 07:27 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Brian, the stock alternator is only 100 amps.
Old 03-16-10, 01:21 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

would say that would put me at a 300...so thats 659 before installation
What is 659?

jokstar i have a ? bout my big 3...in pics on post 54. is it ok for me to have used the intake manifold instead of the block?
Im not quite certain, the intake is made of aluminum and isnt the greatest of conductors, it may be a waste of wire. Just pick any bolt on the block thats holding anything, best place (in addition to any others you have) is the bolt that is holding the alternator to the block.
Old 03-16-10, 01:36 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kyle Harty
Nice work again! Is that you in the trunk Brian?

I ran a couple Iraggi alts back in the day and they were solid.

I'm in the middle of tearing my car apart as well. I ran a ground from a bolt 6 inches or so in front of the one you used on top of the engine, I would think your spot should be fine as I believe I've seen that bolt used in grounding kits but I wouldn't go 100% on my word.

I'm working slowly on my doors right now, it's taken some trial and error work to get the front mids to fit, I think I've got it now, waiting on more sound deadening and a dash kit for the HU.

What box specs did you decide on for the XXX? I'm still trying to figure out what to do for a sub.
yeah that's me in the trunk. lol

i decided for sure i will be using the iraggi

only reason i used that bolt is the existing OEM ground is grounded there so i roughed it up and ran my 0 gauge there with the oem one attached to the top with the bolt pinning both of them. yeah im waiting on more dynamat myself

dunno bout the specs, im letting my audio shop set that up...
custom box firing upwards with oem right side housing amps,left side holding battery and im attempting to keep my oem spare

Originally Posted by Spyder78
Brian, the stock alternator is only 100 amps.
thanks vlad, thats what i found it to be but i just wasnt 100% sure on that. appreciate it

What is 659?

Im not quite certain, the intake is made of aluminum and isnt the greatest of conductors, it may be a waste of wire. Just pick any bolt on the block thats holding anything, best place (in addition to any others you have) is the bolt that is holding the alternator to the block.
according to what i read from their ebay site....the 320 alternator with the 100 lifetime warranty they charge will be 679.

this is the email i got back from them....

Dominick Iraggi
dominick@tds.net

We have a 200 direct bolt on for $399.If you want larger, it will be a custom build.

220 $479
260 $519
300 $559
320 $579

Thanks, Dominick Iraggi
i sent them back a email and i asked them a few ?'s to see bout turn around and some other stuff

the reason i asked bout the intake manifold is i already grounded it to there, i do have extra 0 gauge wiring and can make a new one i just already had it grounded there. i will do the bolt on the back of the alt i was just waiting on getting the iraggi in to make this ground
Old 03-16-10, 01:49 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Is that $579 for amputator or dominator? cause the amputator comes with the extra warranty already, kinda their selling point, pay $100 more for amputator with higher idle output and get another years warranty. The only difference is the idle output which is regulated by a solenoid, but higher output at idle means the alt will be working harder more often (imo) so that extra warranty justifies that and iirc, a higher output alternator doesnt necessarily mean bigger in size has to do with the way the coils are wound inside and the type of wire used.

another option: I dont know about the GS430, but the GS300 has a lot of room, the other option is to just add a second alternator and save a lot of money... Since the factory one is 100amps you will only have to get a 250amp alt to add to it and have it independent for the system alone. I've seen CSC superchargers on the 430 so I would think there is plenty of room for another alternator. Its just a matter of making a bracket to hold it and getting a slightly longer belt
Old 03-16-10, 02:53 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Is that $579 for amputator or dominator? cause the amputator comes with the extra warranty already, kinda their selling point, pay $100 more for amputator with higher idle output and get another years warranty. The only difference is the idle output which is regulated by a solenoid, but higher output at idle means the alt will be working harder more often (imo) so that extra warranty justifies that and iirc, a higher output alternator doesnt necessarily mean bigger in size has to do with the way the coils are wound inside and the type of wire used.

another option: I dont know about the GS430, but the GS300 has a lot of room, the other option is to just add a second alternator and save a lot of money... Since the factory one is 100amps you will only have to get a 250amp alt to add to it and have it independent for the system alone. I've seen CSC superchargers on the 430 so I would think there is plenty of room for another alternator. Its just a matter of making a bracket to hold it and getting a slightly longer belt
i dunno which series it is. that was one of the questions i emailed him back and asked him and i said 100 for a lifetime warranty NOT a 2 year warranty

here this is there lifetime warranty (its odd though as even after the 1 year or 2 years i would have to pay 99.99 for a flat rate warranty, although i guess its better than having to buy a new alternator)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Iragg...Q5fAccessories

i had thought bout that but i believe the alternator to be on the underside in the gs430....we dont really have much room to start with plus making the bracket, belt, the 220 alt and such would be bout the same price as me buying the 320
Old 03-16-10, 04:35 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Always interesting to put a face to people on here!

I'm assuming you're gonna fire the sub through the stock sub hole? Sealed or ported?
Old 03-16-10, 07:37 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

only reason i used that bolt is the existing OEM ground is grounded there so i roughed it up and ran my 0 gauge there with the oem one attached to the top with the bolt pinning both of them.
I got you now, I misunderstood your first post I think. I grounded to the same bolt you did where the factory wire was grounded. I ran my ground in that spot from a different bolt on the engine because it worked out better with the piece of wire I already had ring terminals on.

Quick Reply: To any/all RE AUDIO XXX owners......