GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

To any/all RE AUDIO XXX owners......

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-10, 07:37 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
i dunno which series it is. that was one of the questions i emailed him back and asked him and i said 100 for a lifetime warranty NOT a 2 year warranty

here this is there lifetime warranty (its odd though as even after the 1 year or 2 years i would have to pay 99.99 for a flat rate warranty, although i guess its better than having to buy a new alternator)

i had thought bout that but i believe the alternator to be on the underside in the gs430....we dont really have much room to start with plus making the bracket, belt, the 220 alt and such would be bout the same price as me buying the 320
Well when you buy the Amputator it comes with a 2 year, while the dominator comes only with a 1 year... as for adding another alternator, in no way do they need to be next to each other. Could put it up by the front right where people put there CSC. But you do have a point about extra costs, I thought that the 220 and 320 were more than $100 apart in price...
Old 03-16-10, 10:19 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I think you should get multiple alternators, too. Wanna do more than 2?

That there is a lotta power!

Either way, though, Brian, you're going to be pulling down a ton of current. I'm sure it will help having the alternator closer to the ground for cooling, as a 320 is definitely going to run hot. Since you have the stock one, why not make a bracket for that one in addition to the Iraggi? Then the only additional cost is the bracket and a belt, and you'd add 100A.

Big Mack
Old 03-17-10, 08:00 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle Harty
Always interesting to put a face to people on here!

I'm assuming you're gonna fire the sub through the stock sub hole? Sealed or ported?
yeah, i always wanted to make a post asking everyone to show themselves but i didnt figure anyone would actually do it

Originally Posted by Kyle Harty
I got you now, I misunderstood your first post I think. I grounded to the same bolt you did where the factory wire was grounded. I ran my ground in that spot from a different bolt on the engine because it worked out better with the piece of wire I already had ring terminals on.
cool, i gotta redo my top one though. the one on my intake manifold. ugh

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
Well when you buy the Amputator it comes with a 2 year, while the dominator comes only with a 1 year... as for adding another alternator, in no way do they need to be next to each other. Could put it up by the front right where people put there CSC. But you do have a point about extra costs, I thought that the 220 and 320 were more than $100 apart in price...
yeah, i know which one comes with what but i was talking about a LIFETIME WARRANTY. whats a CSC? and nah they not....just a 100 difference. crazy right?

oh jokestar from readin and looking at some of these pics....it seems everyone has grounded their intake manifold, not sure bout grounding the TB, and where is the one going that leads BEHIND the battery?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ding-kits.html

Originally Posted by Big Mack
I think you should get multiple alternators, too. Wanna do more than 2?

That there is a lotta power!

Either way, though, Brian, you're going to be pulling down a ton of current. I'm sure it will help having the alternator closer to the ground for cooling, as a 320 is definitely going to run hot. Since you have the stock one, why not make a bracket for that one in addition to the Iraggi? Then the only additional cost is the bracket and a belt, and you'd add 100A.

Big Mack
wow. yeah 2 would be plenty but im aiming for one.
yeah thats some crazy power.

i dunno, i guess i could fab a bracket up but im wondering if i really need 420 amps. also this one is gonna be robbing enough horsepower. lol

Last edited by sakataj; 03-17-10 at 08:54 AM.
Old 03-17-10, 12:14 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

yeah, i know which one comes with what but i was talking about a LIFETIME WARRANTY. whats a CSC? and nah they not....just a 100 difference. crazy right?
oh ok, I see (warranty)

as for what a CSC is... kinda like my beauty

as for grounding on the intake, well if everyone jumped off a cliff..... Where are your other grounds? I dont see grounding on the intake hurting anything, but at the same time I dont see it helping any, knowing where the other grounds are will help.
BIG MACK whats your opinion on grounding on the aluminum intake?
Old 03-17-10, 01:35 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

oh ok, I see (warranty)

as for what a CSC is... kinda like my beauty

as for grounding on the intake, well if everyone jumped off a cliff..... Where are your other grounds? I dont see grounding on the intake hurting anything, but at the same time I dont see it helping any, knowing where the other grounds are will help.

yeah warranty

oh i get it compound supercharger. duh.

depends....how high is the cliff? lol i have one ground from battery to frame,one from frame to intake,will be making one from alternator when i get it (kinda annoyed emailed Dominique 3 times and only got one email back so far) and i will make a few other grounds. never heard of grounding the TB but it seems alot of people have been doing this.

SIGH...........waiting on alternator info....putting a hold on my build as i wanted to install this before i did everything
Old 03-17-10, 07:24 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

C'mon dude, you're 28 and dont know what a CSC is? LoL (just repeating your other post ) and its a Centrifugal Super Charger not compound

and you need one from your block to the firewall too. I honestly dont like the idea of using intakes or tb's especially when the options are limitless. but to each his own...
Old 03-17-10, 10:28 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

All things being equal, I'm in agreement with Jokster - aluminum isn't the best conductor under the hood, but since he's already got a couple of grounds, plus will be grounding the alternator, I'm sure it won't hurt.

I would definitely find a way to share the ground at the frame with the alternator and battery. Shortest path = minimized power loss.

Big Mack
Old 03-18-10, 08:06 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

C'mon dude, you're 28 and dont know what a CSC is? LoL (just repeating your other post ) and its a Centrifugal Super Charger not compound

and you need one from your block to the firewall too. I honestly dont like the idea of using intakes or tb's especially when the options are limitless. but to each his own...
well u can tell i have never run a supercharger.....just turbos. oops....and come on (referring to the post your referring to) who doesn't know what a intake manifold is? whats the difference in a compound and a centrifugal charger?

i will be making one from my block, i have the wire it just isnt made. i gonna run it from the back so im gonna get under the car. the intake doesnt bother me but the TB is silly to me.

FINALLY got 2 emails back from Dominique with iraggi. it is in fact the amputator series, 5-7 day turn around (although his other email said 3-5) so now im trying to figure out how he takes payment (no website) and i will get this started. probably wont get this paid till the 25th as i leave to go outta town today (unless he emails me back quickly) then i wont see it for a week so first of april is what its looking for on the alternator i guess.

Originally Posted by Big Mack
All things being equal, I'm in agreement with Jokster - aluminum isn't the best conductor under the hood, but since he's already got a couple of grounds, plus will be grounding the alternator, I'm sure it won't hurt.

I would definitely find a way to share the ground at the frame with the alternator and battery. Shortest path = minimized power loss.

Big Mack
thanks will do
Old 03-18-10, 02:04 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

How did you get ahold of Dom? If you tell him what you want and suggest him to put it on ebay, I'm sure he will if you wanna go through that route...
Old 03-19-10, 07:29 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

How did you get ahold of Dom? If you tell him what you want and suggest him to put it on ebay, I'm sure he will if you wanna go through that route...
through ebay but i posted his email address on here also.

i talked to him this morning actually. will get it started next week.

UPDATE:
got some dynamat in yesterday and i got antsy and pulled my headliner and sunroof, yes i said sunroof to dynamat my roof.i have pics will try and get them loaded tonight, BTW i finished dynamatting the roof last night, just 3 more doors to do and im done dynamatting.

now i need to source a sunroof ASAP as i removed mine last night and when i bought the car, one of the arms was broken on it (still works but arm for wind deflector sticks up and the wind deflector doesnt work right). so im trying to source a WHOLE sunroof assy (yes i know henry has one on sale in classifieds but he's in cali and im in tn) or a sunroof track as i have NO SUNROOF in right now (crossing my fingers for no rain) if anyone can help me source one close by let me know
Old 03-19-10, 07:37 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 382 Likes on 225 Posts

now i need to source a sunroof ASAP as i removed mine last night and when i bought the car, one of the arms was broken on it (still works but arm for wind deflector sticks up and the wind deflector doesnt work right). so im trying to source a WHOLE sunroof assy (yes i know henry has one on sale in classifieds but he's in cali and im in tn) or a sunroof track as i have NO SUNROOF in right now (crossing my fingers for no rain) if anyone can help me source one close by let me know
I believe there's one for sale in the classifieds, Brian.
Old 03-19-10, 07:42 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1UZ-GS
I believe there's one for sale in the classifieds, Brian.

....your killing me smalls! (who knows that movie?).go back read that last post i made or let me show you what was in it....its even in the quote you quoted

so im trying to source a WHOLE sunroof assy (yes i know henry has one on sale in classifieds but he's in cali and im in tn)

its even for a GREAT price, just with shipping its more than i want to spend

Last edited by sakataj; 03-19-10 at 07:46 AM.
Old 03-19-10, 07:45 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 382 Likes on 225 Posts

yeah....you'll killing me this morning. hahaha. go back read that last post i made or let me show you what was in it....
Haha...yeah I went and looked at the thread right after I posted that.
Old 03-19-10, 10:05 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1UZ-GS
Haha...yeah I went and looked at the thread right after I posted that.
lol, all good
Old 03-19-10, 11:44 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

....your killing me smalls! (who knows that movie?)

CLICK HERE

Quick Reply: To any/all RE AUDIO XXX owners......