GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

what SS goes with the 3gs convo..?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-09, 09:47 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what SS goes with the 3gs convo..?

i want to do this conversion later next year, But im not really digging the sides and the rear. what SS do you guys think would look nice with this front end??? i know pandaGS did the front end convo but he bought the whole thing i just want the front end and some nice matching SS. And after that i think i will be ready for boost....

yes yes why not the other way around?? well just because i want the front end convo more. and Im not hurting for more power right now since this is a daily crusier

any thoughts guys
Old 07-15-09, 09:52 PM
Baliztik
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No sides really wouldn't go well with that bumper. As long as the lines stayed the same. If you don't like the Vertex sides don't go for the RMM because they are pretty similar. I would say the JP Sides, or kid that had door panels would improve the look of the car. Also... you know this conversion costs a buttload right? Just make sure you know what you're getting into before you start it haha.
Old 07-15-09, 10:01 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Baliztik
No sides really wouldn't go well with that bumper. As long as the lines stayed the same. If you don't like the Vertex sides don't go for the RMM because they are pretty similar. I would say the JP Sides, or kid that had door panels would improve the look of the car. Also... you know this conversion costs a buttload right? Just make sure you know what you're getting into before you start it haha.
yea im aware of the cost of this front convo. lol but i dont know what SS will go nicely with this. if nothign works i will just leave this idea alone and go boost lol
Old 07-15-09, 10:14 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Screw that conversion man, Keep the 2GS look and turbo the crap out of it!
Old 07-16-09, 02:10 AM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by handoverfi
if nothign works i will just leave this idea alone and go boost lol
That's probably your best bet.
Old 07-16-09, 09:26 AM
AsGs300
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

BOOST! dont you want more bang for your Buck!

gonna wait a year for the front end conv...... dude lexo will come out with the 4gen pretty soon.. then another conv,?

j/k
Old 07-16-09, 09:30 AM
young's 96
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah that conversion is too much just boost it and call it a day.
Old 07-18-09, 11:41 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by EN_VY
Screw that conversion man, Keep the 2GS look and turbo the crap out of it!
nah do the conversion. im waiting on someone to hit me front on so i can do it by the insurance

Originally Posted by young's 96
yeah that conversion is too much just boost it and call it a day.
nah boost is common, this isnt
Old 07-18-09, 12:49 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
nah do the conversion. im waiting on someone to hit me front on so i can do it by the insurance

Ooh wow a 3GS front, how exciting You will always see 3GS daily but as for a turbo Lexus? I dont think so. Maybe because you have a 430 and not a 300. If you havent driven a 300, it is slooooooww.
Handoverfi, youre modding quick
Old 07-18-09, 01:17 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Ooh wow a 3GS front, how exciting You will always see 3GS daily but as for a turbo Lexus? I dont think so. Maybe because you have a 430 and not a 300. If you havent driven a 300, it is slooooooww.
Handoverfi, youre modding quick
u cant daily see a 3gs conversion. turbo's are becoming a dime a adozen as this car gets cheaper
Old 07-21-09, 01:36 AM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

u cant daily see a 3gs conversion. turbo's are becoming a dime a adozen as this car gets cheaper
sak - I hardly ever log on but im on at 1:34am and I see this post. Haha. I want more people to do this conversion but in a different color.

anyway - to anyone who is thinking about doing this conversion, do it. lol. I cant be the only one in america
Old 07-24-09, 01:55 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by PandaGS430
sak - I hardly ever log on but im on at 1:34am and I see this post. Haha. I want more people to do this conversion but in a different color.

anyway - to anyone who is thinking about doing this conversion, do it. lol. I cant be the only one in america
panda i have really loved your car since the day i saw it....im glad u never sold it. i have always wanted to do this its such a amazing transformation man.

props to you man....if u ever sell email me and i will see if i can buy her from you
Old 07-24-09, 02:34 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Handoverfi, youre modding quick:thumbup:

Man everyone says i been modding fast LOl.. am i really?? i guess i shouldnt say im looking at a set of leon bugels and ggetting rid of the rt5's LoL..man the 300 is hella slow especially with 20s .the convo isnt common and i like the way it looks and flows with the 2nd gen. If i did get it i would really try to make the stock 3rd gen bumper fit with a lip i dont like that bumper. and LOL at the insurance thing hahHAH. screw it im gona take off my headlights and front lip and sell it off and drive my car into a tree lOl

cop: what happend?
me: i no no ( waking up barely)
cop: do you need to see a doc?
me: yes but is my car ok..?
cop: no.....
me: (siliently) ALRITE.... 3RD GEN CONVO TIME

Lol i kid i kid i would never do that haha

Last edited by handoverfi; 07-24-09 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-24-09, 04:49 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by handoverfi

i want to do this conversion later next year, But im not really digging the sides and the rear. what SS do you guys think would look nice with this front end??? i know pandaGS did the front end convo but he bought the whole thing i just want the front end and some nice matching SS. And after that i think i will be ready for boost....

yes yes why not the other way around?? well just because i want the front end convo more. and Im not hurting for more power right now since this is a daily crusier

any thoughts guys

IMO nothing wrong with the sides and fitment of the kit. Everything flows beautifully. What wrong with having both. COnvo and Boost.. Very Rare combo imo..
Old 07-24-09, 07:27 PM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tmf2004
IMO nothing wrong with the sides and fitment of the kit. Everything flows beautifully. What wrong with having both. COnvo and Boost.. Very Rare combo imo..
Actually, there is a car here in HI that has this kit. If I were to do it, it would be for the fact that you can mount the FMIC forward from it's current position due to the more space you get with the conversion.

Quick Reply: what SS goes with the 3gs convo..?