GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Cop pulled me over

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-02, 05:05 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Cop pulled me over

Ok so I just got my car about 4 days ago. Well I was in Miami with my friend and I was driving back to Boca Raton. Well Before hitting I-95 I was going 34 in a 30 zone and I pass a cop. I think nothing of it, then I see him pull out and pull me over. So he pulls me over and starts giving me ***** about if it's my car. He asked me 4 times If the car i was driving was mine or if it was stolen. Then he asked me another 4 or 5 times if I had anything ILLEGAL in the car. Now I can understand if he asks once, but he was really harassing me about it in a strong tone. So i gave him my credentials and he goes to his car. 20 MINUTES LATER he comes back and tells me, "I'm not going to ticket you for going 34 in a 30mph zone, BUT I'm going to give you a citation for a headlight being out." This guy was such an a$$hole.
Just needed to vent.
Old 04-06-02, 05:23 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did he give you the citation in leu of the ticket, or did you actually have a light out?
Old 04-06-02, 05:25 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

no i have a light out. But he could've at least gave me a warning. I was gonna get it fixed Monday.

Last edited by futuregs; 04-06-02 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-06-02, 05:53 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear about it FGS.

Although, I don't condone it, being younger, and driving a GS, might get you a few more looks than the avg driver. Best to keep your cool whenever a LEO pulls you, for anything.

Peace.
Old 04-06-02, 05:54 PM
MRGS400nSoCali
Lead Lap

Angry

That's not has bad as getting pulled over by Newport Beach CA PD for doin nothing but having a little bit of tint on my front windows. Damn pigs!
Old 04-06-02, 06:01 PM
mdw131
Lead Lap

Kinda off topic, one time i went to a heat game with some friends of mine. We were on I-95 going south, this Prelude, i think it was, pulls up next to us while we are going like 65....Goes with us a lil, and then floors it. My friend was driving my car, i let him drive the car when im feeling tired, and he floors it as well...Nextt thing i know we are going like 110 and the honda is behind us. Well 95 becomes a major street, US-1, this is like 3 lanes both ways...There was a lot of traffic as it was after the game, and only like 10 o'clock so we slowed down...Out of no where the honda flies by and is changing lanes like a mad man...Next thing we know we pass him...How did we pass him? As soon as he passed us, a cop pulled him right over....We were all cracking up so bad....The guy had tried to be a bad @$$ by racing us and instead he got screwed in stead....
Old 04-06-02, 06:11 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by mdw131
Kinda off topic, one time i went to a heat game with some friends of mine. We were on I-95 going south, this Prelude, i think it was, pulls up next to us while we are going like 65....Goes with us a lil, and then floors it. My friend was driving my car, i let him drive the car when im feeling tired, and he floors it as well...Nextt thing i know we are going like 110 and the honda is behind us. Well 95 becomes a major street, US-1, this is like 3 lanes both ways...There was a lot of traffic as it was after the game, and only like 10 o'clock so we slowed down...Out of no where the honda flies by and is changing lanes like a mad man...Next thing we know we pass him...How did we pass him? As soon as he passed us, a cop pulled him right over....We were all cracking up so bad....The guy had tried to be a bad @$$ by racing us and instead he got screwed in stead....
funny story

Trending Topics

Old 04-06-02, 06:15 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Yesterday morning my girl got a ticket from HWY patrol. She was on the freeway when all of the sudden traffic came to a complete stop, cars started slamming on there brakes so she hits her brakes and jumps over to the car pool lane to avoid hitting the car in front of her. Well... 4 cars in front of her was the HWY patrol who also had to hit his brakes and pulls her over for jumping into the car pool lane. Also gives her a ticket for window tint. Then he gives her a long speech about driving to close to other cars and that she should go back to driver ED. Anyway, her dad is a 15 yr. cop and he is going to write off the tint and told her to fight the ticket becuase she was avoiding a possible accident.

One interesting note: Her dad told me that the LAPD is having issues with HWY Patrol becuase they have been giving tickets out to other LAPD cops and their family's for different violations. He just laughed and said." Well, if that's the case, we out number them 5 to 1". "If we get tickets, so shall they"!
Old 04-06-02, 09:07 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Question???? You just got your car a few days ago and there's a light out?? You deserve a ticket. ... Nah but anyway, Sorry about your ticket and that foolish pig...
Old 04-06-02, 09:51 PM
LX470Mann
Pole Position

Future, sorry about the prob's, you need to get your windows tinted!!!
Old 04-06-02, 11:29 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by LX470Mann
Future, sorry about the prob's, you need to get your windows tinted!!!
THey already are...15%
Old 04-06-02, 11:30 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by mrsypher
Question???? You just got your car a few days ago and there's a light out?? You deserve a ticket. ... Nah but anyway, Sorry about your ticket and that foolish pig...
That's why I shoudln't have gotten a ticket...i picked up the car like 3 days ago, i was planning on getting it fixed monday regardless.
Old 04-07-02, 03:29 AM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

you should have the light fixed and take it to court, and explain to the judge that you just got your car out of the shop show him some papers, and show him that you fixed the light he should drop the ticket
Old 04-07-02, 04:42 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

JEALOUS COPS, they are everywhere.

Last edited by D-MAN63; 04-07-02 at 04:48 PM.
Old 04-07-02, 05:25 AM
Shinchan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On Friday, I was pulled over by a cop for doing nothing. I was in my 330i with clear corner light, clear tail light. All has the PIAA super plasma light bulbs. While make a left turn.. being a step 9 driver, I put on my turning signal... The fcking cop pulled behind me and when I finish my left turn.. he put on the light and pull me over. "Do you know why I pull you over? Are u a police officer?" "No Sir!" "Do you have permit from the city to display blue bulb?" WTF!!!! The bulb is hardly noticable.. and behind the bimmer clear tail light! A Blue Dot is the reason being pull over.. Plus the bulb when lit is white.. not blue.. I did not want to argue with him because I have a baby in the car.

He gave me a warning ticket.. and the bulb has to be off the car next day.. otherwise.. a $300 ticket per day... for violation..

Quick Reply: Cop pulled me over