GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Falken 452's.....:(

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-09, 01:50 PM
GCOP
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Falken 452's.....:(

So a couple of days ago I'm driving, and without warning, my car starts shaking like an epileptic Chihuahua under a strobe light, about the time I complete the thought..."WTF is that"...I slow down to pull over, and my rear tire, passes me up, and keeps on going. I managed to keep the car under control. and get it stopped. Below is the aftermath. The tires were 275/30/20 and less than 4 months old, now I suppose they are a 275/00/20. The other rear is just fine, but, it's about to get replaced. I'm sure the event was isolated, but I won't trust those tires again.

Old 07-28-09, 01:53 PM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Sorry to see that and glad to hear you kept the car in check. Any possible reason for the failure? Driven on while low psi, stretched or cambered?
Old 07-28-09, 02:02 PM
GCOP
Driver

Originally Posted by Debonair
Sorry to see that and glad to hear you kept the car in check. Any possible reason for the failure? Driven on while low psi, stretched or cambered?
Rear is stock, wheels are 20.9.5 they dit pretty squre I took a picture of the tread (not posted) it is not worn funny at all. I pretty good about regular checkups on the car, I'm as sure as I can be, that the tire was not low when I left. Anything is possible I guess. Trust me, I've tried to blame everything BUT the tire, I just can't find anything else.
Old 07-28-09, 02:02 PM
ItsChris
Lead Lap

wow, thats bad man, I've heard of people having some problems with the 452's, but not like that. Do you have a warranty on them? i'd call up falken and see what they can do for you.
Old 07-28-09, 02:26 PM
GCOP
Driver

I was going to do just that today. I've been dealing with the insurance company today.
Old 07-28-09, 04:09 PM
KNEXX
Lead Lap

Oh yes this is what happens when you drive on a low psi tire like Debonair said. I've had tire tech show this to me before, bc I made the same mistake. Ive used 452s for a couple years and never had a problem like this. Bubbling for strecthing yes, but this is very very odd. Falken probably isnt going insurance b/c they are fulling aware that driving on a flat will cause it to seperate just like this-I tried. Did you have issues out of this tire before and ignored it? Tires just don't do this... I'm baffled
Old 07-28-09, 04:09 PM
Chumacher
Lead Lap

i was gonna get 452 for my 19's next summer. not after this thread.
Old 07-28-09, 05:17 PM
5t341th
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

dammn 452's suck. bubbles and now this?
Old 07-28-09, 05:26 PM
taeng
Lead Lap

Yeah I would stay away from the 452's being that I heard/read multiple horror stories about them.
Old 07-28-09, 05:29 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

My aunt's falken tires have developed bubbles too. Stock car, stock wheels, stock everything. Never will I buy falken tires again. I hate my very own set and cannot wait until they've wear out.
Old 07-28-09, 05:30 PM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah 452s arent that great to stretch with......but GOD DAMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!
Old 07-28-09, 05:43 PM
GCOP
Driver

Originally Posted by KNEXX
Oh yes this is what happens when you drive on a low psi tire like Debonair said. I've had tire tech show this to me before, bc I made the same mistake. Ive used 452s for a couple years and never had a problem like this. Bubbling for strecthing yes, but this is very very odd. Falken probably isnt going insurance b/c they are fulling aware that driving on a flat will cause it to seperate just like this-I tried. Did you have issues out of this tire before and ignored it? Tires just don't do this... I'm baffled
Tires just don't do this?! Your kidding, right? Tires blow all the time for different reasons, sometimes by the fault of the owner, other times not. Remeber the big azz Firestone/Bridgestone recall? To say that a tire will not ever come apart unless it low air is just ignorant. Keep in mind, these tires were new, and were NOT stretched, and did not have any bubbles. I had just wiped down the rims prior to leaving. Each time I do the rims, once or twice a week, I check the tires air pressure, and inspect the tires and rims visually. I'm fully aware of what rolling on a flat tire will do.
Old 07-28-09, 05:52 PM
StealthGS
Driver

Thats just insane!! Just as mentioned regaurding the Firestone recalls. Falken is fully responsible for the faulty tire, And or damage. What if you wrecked the car? And hurt yourself or someone else?? Thats what you gotta look at. Thankfully you kept it under control, Things could have been alot worse ecspecially at high speeds!!
Old 07-28-09, 06:52 PM
KNEXX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GCOP
Tires just don't do this?! Your kidding, right? Tires blow all the time for different reasons, sometimes by the fault of the owner, other times not. Remeber the big azz Firestone/Bridgestone recall? To say that a tire will not ever come apart unless it low air is just ignorant. Keep in mind, these tires were new, and were NOT stretched, and did not have any bubbles. I had just wiped down the rims prior to leaving. Each time I do the rims, once or twice a week, I check the tires air pressure, and inspect the tires and rims visually. I'm fully aware of what rolling on a flat tire will do.
Please excuse me for being in disbelief I meant no harm. I wasnt there and I dont get paid to defend Falken Its good u pay close attention to your wheels but its impossible to know whats going on inside. From the pictures, it looks like it was a slow separation evenly on both sides and not a blow out tho. I agree Falkens track record isnt the best and thats been known. Good thing no1 got hurt; good luck getting Falken to warranty them. I would advise ditching the rest for safe measures.
Old 07-28-09, 07:00 PM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 115 Likes on 54 Posts

sucks happened to me about 1 month ago!!

Quick Reply: Falken 452's.....:(