GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Megan vs. Ksport coikovers

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-09, 07:56 PM
GCOP
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
Good feedback, have you had any other coils before to compare them to
....not on the GS
Old 09-05-09, 12:13 PM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any pics of how the ride looks?

The ebay member i am purchasing the coils from said it was easier to adjust the height with the tein wrenches. He said one of his buddies told him it was hard to adjust with the kpsort wrench.

Did you think that?

And when you say the ride is firm, does that mean you feel every bump on the road or is it smooth where you dont ?

thanks,
Old 09-05-09, 03:06 PM
Rides Low
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by nanotech

The ebay member i am purchasing the coils from said it was easier to adjust the height with the tein wrenches. He said one of his buddies told him it was hard to adjust with the kpsort wrench.

Did you think that?
This should not be the case, you should be adjusting the height of the spring to adjust ride height. I want to refer you to the installation manual straight from KSportUSA.com:
http://ksportusa.com/edocs/Coilover%20Instructions.pdf

Step 1: Raise the spring perch enough to snug the spring, but not compress it. Use the locking collar to tighten the spring perch in place.

Step 2: Thread the lower mount UP to lower, and DOWN to raise the vehicle to the desired ride height

These are the two biggest things that people do wrong when installing have have horrible ride quality, then blame the product itself.
Old 09-05-09, 04:14 PM
GCOP
Driver

Did you think that?

And when you say the ride is firm, does that mean you feel every bump on the road or is it smooth where you dont ?

thanks,

I'm going to say the ebay guy and his buddy are high.....as Chris pointed out the wrench is ONLY used to loosen the collar. once that is done, and the lower bolt is loose, you can adjust the ride height by hand, it's very easy. To say that the Tein wrench makes it wasier, makes no sense whatsoever....

The ride is firm, and I do have a lot of road feedback, but that how I have it set, thats the ride I was looking for. You can adjust it to ride closer to stock if that's what you are after.

I have not taken any pics yet....I figured if you have seen one lowered 2GS you have seen them all. It will allow for some slight tuck, but you would be out of alignment spec. My car is as low as we could get it, and still stay within what the factory calls for. It is low enough that you can't fit your hand all the way through on top of the tire without your knuckles stopping it.
Old 09-05-09, 04:42 PM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GCOP
I'm going to say the ebay guy and his buddy are high.....as Chris pointed out the wrench is ONLY used to loosen the collar. once that is done, and the lower bolt is loose, you can adjust the ride height by hand, it's very easy. To say that the Tein wrench makes it wasier, makes no sense whatsoever....

The ride is firm, and I do have a lot of road feedback, but that how I have it set, thats the ride I was looking for. You can adjust it to ride closer to stock if that's what you are after.

I have not taken any pics yet....I figured if you have seen one lowered 2GS you have seen them all. It will allow for some slight tuck, but you would be out of alignment spec. My car is as low as we could get it, and still stay within what the factory calls for. It is low enough that you can't fit your hand all the way through on top of the tire without your knuckles stopping it.
I am actually getting them from a member on here, they are brand new.

So when you say you cant stick your hand far enough because the knuckles stop you. Does that mean they look like this...pics at the bottom? Or will it be lower? I tried to find pictures on my laptop, and thats all i had where you could tell the ride height at the back.
Attached Thumbnails Megan vs. Ksport coikovers-dsc00576.jpg.jpeg   Megan vs. Ksport coikovers-dsc00578.jpg.jpeg  
Old 09-05-09, 05:03 PM
GCOP
Driver

I am actually getting them from a member on here, they are brand new.

So when you say you cant stick your hand far enough because the knuckles stop you. Does that mean they look like this...pics at the bottom? Or will it be lower? I tried to find pictures on my laptop, and thats all i had where you could tell the ride height at the back.
Sorry you said ebay member, I did not realize it was a CL member....but he is still high...lol

Mine is very similar to what you have pictured. They WILL go lower, but again, you will be out of alignment specs. Some RCA's will be in the near future if you want to ride any lower with out abnormal tire wear.
Old 10-09-11, 05:18 PM
Busha
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SoloKaMGS
i will never change my suspension Megan LP for the win. i ride so nice man i dont even feel any bumps on the road and im only 1/2 way down wish i can tuck and body slam
Didn't u guys say u can slam to the ground on Megan ?
Old 10-09-11, 06:07 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Busha
Didn't u guys say u can slam to the ground on Megan ?
No real reason to bump a 2 year old thread, but yes Megan's do dump to the ground. Both LP's and EZ's will take you to the pavement.
Old 10-09-11, 08:06 PM
Busha
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LuxuryGS3
No real reason to bump a 2 year old thread, but yes Megan's do dump to the ground. Both LP's and EZ's will take you to the pavement.
OK! Sorry there Bro I just needed to make sure before I place my order!! Im new!!! Shiz!!! But thank you for the help my cl brother!:-)