GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Went to a local car meet last night. No pics though...

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-09, 06:30 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Went to a local car meet last night. No pics though...

I live on Long Island...apparently every Thursday night there is a couple of large 100+ cars meets going on this night. I stopped by one of them for the first time a couple of miles from me in Oakdale, NY. It was mainly domestics and some exotics; I could count on my hands how many imports there were including mine. It was still fun though because I like all types of cars. I must say and may get bashed for this but the newer domestics are NICE when they are done up! A few cars there were:

-A crap load of worked Cuda's, Nova's, Chevelles, GTO's etc etc
-New Camaro's
-New Challenger's (A few SRT's)
-A SICK '05 Vette with custom twin (60mm) turbo's...made 782whp and mentioned that he spins 'em at 80mph!
-A bunch of Mustang Cobra's worked (some serious supercharger); a guy with a 4 point roll cage running 9.90's @ 146mph!
-A couple of Saleen and Rousch Mustangs
-A new Mustang Shelby GT500; beautiful!
-Ford GT
-Ferarri F430
-1906 Caddilac; this thing was so damn old and I think the owner was even older! It was a 1 Cylinder and literally looked like a carriage that a horse would pull; the frame was also made partially of wood.
-Delorean

...My car got no love. People walked by and liked it but it was nothing like the other cars; I guess they were mainly into domestics. I would say 9 out of 10 domestics there were ONLY engine modded with the occassional different set of wheels. So needless to say everyone's hood was popped where they could show off their engines with custom superchargers, turbos and other mods. I couldn't even pop my hood, you can't see my headers really so it would be kind of ridiculous around that crowd to show off my air intake. lol

Just thought I would tell you guys about my experience. I tell you something also...worked domestics still sound VERY mean!
Old 07-31-09, 08:28 AM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

boooooooo.... no love for da GS haha, PICS or
Old 07-31-09, 08:52 AM
Rippaflow
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you see the headers with the engine cover off?
Old 07-31-09, 02:12 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

<~~~~showing you love rock. **** the rest where the pics
Old 07-31-09, 02:29 PM
Red Bully
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was there last night i parked closer to the super market maybe you saw my friends iroc (9.30 car 760whp) here a pic i have to check out your car next time iam there i start bring my green tt 70 mustang (680whp) there when iam done next summer. A lot of the guys that go to oakdale have big bucks
Attached Thumbnails Went to a local car meet last night. No pics though...-last.jpg   Went to a local car meet last night. No pics though...-car1.jpg  
Old 07-31-09, 06:06 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

It just wasn't your meet LOL... me personally would rather look at imports al day long..

But, i do like looking at the Charger Srt-8 in silver LOL...

Your car rocks don't worry..
Old 08-04-09, 12:04 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tmf2004
It just wasn't your meet LOL... me personally would rather look at imports al day long..

But, i do like looking at the Charger Srt-8 in silver LOL...

Your car rocks don't worry..
Thanks man...I appreciate it!
Old 08-04-09, 12:04 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sakataj
<~~~~showing you love rock. **** the rest where the pics
Thanks man!
Old 08-04-09, 12:05 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Rippaflow
Can you see the headers with the engine cover off?
The engine cover doesn't interfere at all. They are just way down and way under there.
Old 08-04-09, 12:08 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Red Bully
i was there last night i parked closer to the super market maybe you saw my friends iroc (9.30 car 760whp) here a pic i have to check out your car next time iam there i start bring my green tt 70 mustang (680whp) there when iam done next summer. A lot of the guys that go to oakdale have big bucks
Holy Cra P! I saw that Camaro that damn thing had a parachute! lol Yeah, a lot of cool cars and some people like my ride but as mentioned previously it wasn't my type of show...mainly doemstics; but nevertheless I still liked going there and checking everyone's rides out. Sounds like your building a serious Mustang there.
Old 08-04-09, 03:05 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Old 08-04-09, 08:48 PM
Red Bully
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
Holy Cra P! I saw that Camaro that damn thing had a parachute! lol Yeah, a lot of cool cars and some people like my ride but as mentioned previously it wasn't my type of show...mainly doemstics; but nevertheless I still liked going there and checking everyone's rides out. Sounds like your building a serious Mustang there.
yea it def fast. A car show is a car show its just nice to talk to other people that understand the sport and hobbie. I hope i see you there next thurs ill check out your ride. The mustang scares me more the my old bike, it a money pit its allmost done ( next summer).
Old 08-04-09, 08:50 PM
Red Bully
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
yea it def fast. A car show is a car show its just nice to talk to other people that understand the sport and hobbie. I hope i see you there next thurs ill check out your ride. The mustang scares me more the my old bike, it a money pit its allmost done ( next summer). Maybe you can take me for a ride i only got the 300
Old 08-05-09, 05:34 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Red Bully
yea it def fast. A car show is a car show its just nice to talk to other people that understand the sport and hobbie. I hope i see you there next thurs ill check out your ride. The mustang scares me more the my old bike, it a money pit its allmost done ( next summer). Maybe you can take me for a ride i only got the 300
...sure, why not...if I make it this Thursday; this week is going to be busy for me at work so I might be working late. Not sure if you would be that impressed coming from some seriously modded rides like your Mustang and I'm sure some of your friends rides.
Old 08-05-09, 05:16 PM
Chumacher
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wtf all we care about is pics man

Quick Reply: Went to a local car meet last night. No pics though...