GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Getting ready for EOS (trunk project air/system MANY pics)

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-09, 03:18 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Getting ready for EOS (trunk project air/system MANY pics)

Updated pics on page 2
Updated pics of completed project on page 3

Well after waiting an hour for all my pictures to upload to photobucket on my extremely slow cricket wireless internet (only internet available at the moment) I can now write this tread anywho... With EOS coming up, I gotta work double time to have something worth going for. I'm finally adding my second tank (two 5 gallons) and while I'm at it, I'm getting all the components out of the way, heres a before pic (actually before I changed from this 4 gallon to 5, so this picture is actually of a somewhat clean looking trunk, it was MUCH worse when I just "threw" the 5gal in there) :

As seen in these pics, Right front Right rear valves in passenger quarter panel:

Now mind you, not much cosmetics are involved with equipment that is not shown. Wires will be zip tied for neatness, but thats about it.

Now forgive me for I'm not much of a photographer and was too in to the project to take a lot of time to take a pic, I know everyone loves pics on the internet, so I took a lot of random shots did as best as I could with lighting due to time taken (approx. 2am)

This pic is of the driver side quarter panel, only one picture came out good ; Left front Left rear:

Pictures of tire well now used to house both batteries (yes wires will be neatly tied):

Now this panel, as seen, is the beginnings of a false floor for the amp rack, everything other than box was made from plywood to reduce all unnecessary weight. As seen, this goes over the batteries. Pics are more of a mock up and test fit. I'm getting a lot of echo from the compressors that is resonating through floor so I will have to line it with some dynamat or something to reduce it and/or possibly lower it (reducing cavity where echo is occurring):

Now here are some mock up pics of positioning of the carpet in each quarter panel:

Pics with center carpet. I'm still debating on how I'm going to do this. This carpet is just giving an idea of how stealthy this is gonna look.

Once amp rack and tanks are installed, not much will be seen. I'm more than likely just gonna carpet the amp rack and leave it. The amps will be flush mounted in false floor with a beauty panel. Once the false floor is complete, it will extend over the valves [thus enclosing the valves reducing air sound (without silencers)] The compressors will be mounted above them. I plan on mounted the tanks facing front to back as opposed to the typical left to right, however due to where the valves are and where the ports of the tank are (creating a difficult and aggressive U-turn for the crappy plastic lines), I may have to mount them in an upside down V fashion for the mean time. As I mentioned many times in past, I'm slowly replacing those plastic lines with hydraulic lines which will allow me to mount the tanks the way I want in the future. Once complete, all you will see are the nice chrome sides of the tank with no ports showing, amps in between tanks, no compressors showing and no hoses showing.

Please make suggestions with creativity and/or location of components. I consider myself a master craftsman and can do anything in which only laziness and fundage holds me back so IMO anything is possible if its thought of.

At this moment progress is: Many air leaks due to running out of Teflon tape at 4am in the morning LoL and aggressive angles of the plastic hoses not sitting in those cheap "push to connect" port thingies. Also part of plan is to eliminate those connectors and having directly screwed-in hydraulic hoses. Car is sitting at the moment and I will continue project next weekend when I will add more pictures if any progress is shown. Hope you enjoyed this

Last edited by Mr Jokster; 05-17-10 at 01:23 AM.
Old 08-17-09, 03:22 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Forgot to mention. After doing all of this, I'm not gonna put crap for a system Not sure if I've mentioned in the past or if anyone even knows who I am, but a couple months ago I got both my 13w7's 2 JL 1000/1 amps stolen, so I lost an awesome system that I cant afford to replace (they were in my home that got robbed with no insurance) anyways, I still got ahold of some decent components. I'll have a pair of bad *** Hertz audio High Energy 12's in the obvious location and I have a pair of 1000 watt Hertz audio amps to push them. They didnt take my JL 450/4 amp, so instead of trying to buy another, I'll be using that one for my highs, however if anyone wants to make a kick *** offer on it so I can get a matching 4 channel for my set up... that'd be great!

oh yea and I'm so excited to finally have a trunk to put stuff in! no matter how little the space is

Last edited by Mr Jokster; 08-17-09 at 03:27 AM.
Old 08-17-09, 03:41 AM
2000'GS400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
Forgot to mention. After doing all of this, I'm not gonna put crap for a system Not sure if I've mentioned in the past or if anyone even knows who I am, but a couple months ago I got both my 13w7's 2 JL 1000/1 amps stolen, so I lost an awesome system that I cant afford to replace (they were in my home that got robbed with no insurance) anyways, I still got ahold of some decent components. I'll have a pair of bad *** Hertz audio High Energy 12's in the obvious location and I have a pair of 1000 watt Hertz audio amps to push them. They didnt take my JL 450/4 amp, so instead of trying to buy another, I'll be using that one for my highs, however if anyone wants to make a kick *** offer on it so I can get a matching 4 channel for my set up... that'd be great!

oh yea and I'm so excited to finally have a trunk to put stuff in! no matter how little the space is
Sucks to hear man, I got robbed and they stole my BRAND NEW PS3 (the newest released one) and my laptop.. I feel you man. THIEVES.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 08-17-09 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Watch your cursing please
Old 08-17-09, 04:05 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 2000'GS400
Sucks to hear man, I got robbed and they stole my BRAND NEW PS3 (the newest released one) and my laptop.. I feel you man. THIEVES.
dude! I kept it short! I feel ya man. Everything totaled to approx $30,000 worth of crap the bastards took! I even know who it was and cant do anything about it!I'm not rich AT ALL, just accumulated a lot in time and worked my a$$ off for the little I had, will take a LONG time to replaced. Included in that $30,000 were 2 52" LCD's 1 42" ALSO the same PS3 that is unavailable (backward compatible) all my games (ps2 and ps3) my Wii with 4 controllers and nunchucks, Sega dreamcast and games, my HD camcorder, 3 laptops and plenty more! Yea you said it FCK EM!!! (but also eff me for not having insurance! )

Last edited by DaveGS4; 08-17-09 at 06:36 AM. Reason: remove quoted curse
Old 08-17-09, 06:17 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Clean man......Real clean..
Old 08-17-09, 07:35 AM
young's 96
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mr jokester damn sorry you got robbed man that sucks ****ing theives. 2. Are you still on 22's? 3. Your trunk looks good cant wait to see it finished, and if you know who it was why dont you d something about it? You worked too hard for your **** to let someone come take it. Man I can see if you didn't know who it was u would charge it to the game but, knowing who it is it's going to bother u everytime you see the mother ****er I know it would bother me.
Old 08-17-09, 08:28 AM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i want air too!!!!!! one day
Old 08-17-09, 08:31 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Very nice
Old 08-17-09, 09:04 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by young's 96
mr jokester damn sorry you got robbed man that sucks ****ing theives. 2. Are you still on 22's? 3. Your trunk looks good cant wait to see it finished, and if you know who it was why dont you d something about it? You worked too hard for your **** to let someone come take it. Man I can see if you didn't know who it was u would charge it to the game but, knowing who it is it's going to bother u everytime you see the mother ****er I know it would bother me.
I switch from the 2's to the 20's every now and then. Currently I'm on the 20's. As for the bastards, well to put it in short, this guy has direct ties to the low life drug cartel that is trying to take over mexico. Now mind you, I found out that and a lot of stuff after the fact. Him and his dad grow crop and sell, home is full of artillery, oh yea I had a whole plan on what I was gonna do, but just not worth my life. Sad thing is, is that the police didnt want to do any thing about it. After a few weeks I called the investigator and told her, "Look, if you're not gonna do anything about this "measly" break in, then get him for this..." I gave them his address, phone number, license plate-year make model color, place of employment, his accomplice's pictures of his crop and pictures of all his artillery that he so happily posts pictures of on his myspace (artillery consisting of assault rifles that I'm pretty sure arent legal) and if I had it I would have gave them his social security number. I did ALL the investigating for them, I even [had] have 2 character witnesses who are willing to testify that he and his "partner in crime" always brag about driving around and scoping out what houses they want to break in to. They dont do it for the mone y, they do it for the thrill... Did they do anything? No

what makes things worse is that hes selling them on craigslist! On 2 instances I found him selling it. How do I know its mine? Easy, when you buy a $4000+ stereo system, you KNOW what you're getting. When you buy two 13w7's with accompanying 1000 watt amps for each, you KNOW its gonna be louder than sheit! You dont go on craigslist and try to sell it for half price saying "it didnt fit in my car" and "I didnt know it was gonna be that loud, its too much for me" just pathetic! I so want to set up a meet with the seller and catch him myself.... IDK. I just dont think about it anymore. The best thing is, is that I'm a hoarder and I had EVERY box that they all came in, so I had every serial number. So if BY CHANCE things are found, they can be referenced.... But until then, I'm just gonna have to settle with my lil ol' 120" (yea that time i'm bragging )

thanks for your sentiments.
Old 08-17-09, 12:03 PM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jokester,
your trunk is coming together nicely. Check your PM.
Old 08-17-09, 12:27 PM
bigguppy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking good Nath. Two 5 gallon tanks....how do you manage to have any trunk space?

Sorry to hear that your house got hitup. Hope the cops make a move on time before your stuff are sold.
Old 08-17-09, 12:38 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

ouch man that sucks. trunks coming alone now....but i hope you had insurance
Old 08-17-09, 02:24 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

too much description. If he's reading this, he knows u are ratting him. not a good idea when, especially, the cops are not doing anything about it.
Old 08-17-09, 06:09 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bigguppy
Looking good Nath. Two 5 gallon tanks....how do you manage to have any trunk space?

Sorry to hear that your house got hitup. Hope the cops make a move on time before your stuff are sold.
Thanks, and as for space, once its done as said it will be a small space but much more than what I had it will be about the exact same size as the tire well, approx 34x24 Heres a modified pic of Lightwave76's set up, has it on one side, think of the same on the other side and you can see theres a nice bit of space:

Originally Posted by sam430
too much description. If he's reading this, he knows u are ratting him. not a good idea when, especially, the cops are not doing anything about it.
Impossible. Hes such a low life theres no way he'g be on here, hes a street dealer not a baller, but if he is, so be it... Its too much of a long shot.

Last edited by Mr Jokster; 08-17-09 at 07:23 PM.
Old 08-17-09, 06:17 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

looks like you're having way too much fun with that air valve relocation..

Quick Reply: Getting ready for EOS (trunk project air/system MANY pics)