GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Black GS300 Interior ML/NAV

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-02, 12:53 AM
MichaelC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Black GS300 Interior ML/NAV

Hi I'm a fairly new member, have enjoyed all your posts (especially ones with pics)...so I thought I'd share some pictures of my GS300 interior.

I love this car...traded in my Audi A6 for it.

Anyways, enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails Black GS300 Interior ML/NAV-int1.jpg  
Old 04-14-02, 12:56 AM
MichaelC
Driver School Candidate

Attached Thumbnails Black GS300 Interior ML/NAV-int2.jpg  

Last edited by MichaelC; 04-14-02 at 01:11 AM.
Old 04-14-02, 12:57 AM
Static911

Traded your Audi A6 for it? Wow, you musta really liked the GS.

Static911
Old 04-14-02, 01:26 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

MichaelC,

Welcome to Club Lexus.. Nice pictures.. Gotta love a Black interior.. Did you have an A6 Quattro before the GS??
If so could you tell me more about the all wheel drive.. Any issues since I buddy of mine if looking at one right now and maybe I can pursuad him into a GS instead..
Old 04-14-02, 06:43 AM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

as far as i see this is somewhere 2001+.. right?

btw what's ml?
Old 04-14-02, 06:44 AM
alexus
Pole Position

i also have black interior.. heh in fact i have black exterior too.. and my previiouse lexus was same thing .. black interiour and exteriour.. i *love* black color)
Old 04-14-02, 12:36 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by a1exus
btw what's ml?
ML = Mark Levinson (The sound system)
Old 04-14-02, 01:54 PM
blue wax
Lead Lap

nice interior,

I notice the golden logo !!!LOL

take care of your baby
Old 04-14-02, 02:51 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice looking interior and welcome!!!
Old 04-14-02, 03:01 PM
theanimala
Lead Lap

For those asking about the A6, I know quite a bit about it because I bought my wife one about 6 months ago. So far it has been a great car. Now since we only got the 2.8 it is a bit slow, but if it were for me I would have gotten the 2.7t or 4.2.

Besides that, the car is great. The Quattro is so seemless that you don't even know it's there. Absolutely no torque steer, just grip. This winter we drove everwhere and never had a problem or heard a wheel spin.

One plus of the A6 (besides AWD) is that the back seat is a tad bit bigger, but the trunk is enormous, plus the rear seats fold down if needed. I love my GS to death, but if something ever happened to it, I might consider the 4.2 A6. If it were only as reliable (or even close to) the Lexus.
Old 04-14-02, 03:04 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Originally posted by futuregs

ML = Mark Levinson (The sound system)
ahh, okay thanks for clearing that up
Old 04-14-02, 03:15 PM
MichaelC
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by 2SAVVY
MichaelC,

Welcome to Club Lexus.. Nice pictures.. Gotta love a Black interior.. Did you have an A6 Quattro before the GS??
If so could you tell me more about the all wheel drive.. Any issues since I buddy of mine if looking at one right now and maybe I can pursuad him into a GS instead..
Yup, I had an A6 2.7T (which all have Quattro). The AWD system was great in the snow AND added a great deal of stability in the rain as well. However, I recently moved from the East coast where it actually snows to California.

Some of the reasons I bought the GS300:

-Reliability: I plan on keeping the GS for a few years. The A6 has had it's share of reliability problems; did a great deal of research on post warranty costs and the idea of replacing the transmission or twin turbos for upwards of $10,000 scared me. I would say that in nearly 3 years and 40,000 miles, I had the car in for service 10 times (leaking gaskets, fuel sender recalls, failed starters, defective radios, roof panel rattles, etc...). Audi doesn't even offer a factory backed extended warranty option.

-The Mark Levinson stereo is much better than the Bose

-The GS is much quieter than the A6, the ride is much smoother, the seats are more comfortable. The A6 rattled a bit and the ride got progressively harsher over time.

-Resale: I know the GS is being redesigned which should affect the resale a little bit. However, go to kbb.com and pick a 98 A6 and a 98 GS and put the same miles in. You'll find the resale value for the GS to be over $5000 higher even for a relatively high mileage vehicle.

-Audi does not have a nationwide loaner car program. Lexus does.

-Price: I got the new GS for a little under invoice and got a good trade on the A6. 40k for a loaded GS300 was, I think, a pretty good deal.

Despite all this, I still like the A6. The people over at Audiworld are great. However, as a previous Lexus owner, I missed the trouble free reliability Lexus offers. If your friend is willing to put up with a high maintenance vehicle or lives in an area where it snows or rains frequently, i'd say the A6 isn't too bad of a choice.

I'd be happy to answer any more questions you might have.

Mike

Last edited by MichaelC; 04-14-02 at 05:43 PM.
Old 04-14-02, 03:17 PM
MichaelC
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by theanimala

One plus of the A6 (besides AWD) is that the back seat is a tad bit bigger, but the trunk is enormous, plus the rear seats fold down if needed. I love my GS to death, but if something ever happened to it, I might consider the 4.2 A6. If it were only as reliable (or even close to) the Lexus.
You are absolutely right about this. The trunk in the A6 is MUCH bigger than the trunk in the GS. I think the trunk in the GS is wider, but the A6 trunk is much deeper.

Last edited by MichaelC; 04-14-02 at 05:27 PM.
Old 04-14-02, 03:54 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks guys I just forwarded off this thread to him and hopefully he chooses the Lexus.. I also passed along that I have read that an AWD GS is also on the horizon for the next generation if he is willing to wait..

Thanks again!

Ken
Old 04-14-02, 05:34 PM
MichaelC
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by a1exus
as far as i see this is somewhere 2001+.. right?

Yes it is...I've seen a lot of posts from people interested in upgrading to the 2001+ dash as well as the new steering wheels. Personally, I don't think it's that big of a deal, but the new interiors definitely have a more upscale look compared to the pre-01s (especially the steering wheel). I guess this is now the Toyota standard since I've noticed that the Camry/Matrix and even Pontiac Vibe have the same style...

Quick Reply: Black GS300 Interior ML/NAV