GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

What wing is this? Thank you.

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-09, 02:00 PM
McKrevice
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used to own a 2000 M5 and loved the quad pipes. I wanted to do something like that with my GS but the bumper does not look to be wide enough. I want something more flush, and not obnoxious like those ones that stick way out.
Old 08-21-09, 02:50 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPEII
Ya looks like the WIN, hold on let me run to the garage to check, Yupe, it's the WIN

showoff...

Besides the exhaust tips protruding out too far that car is hella tight...

Wow! $735 for the wing, the price has gone up a bit...
your dead on....besides the exhaust that cars awesome. whose is it btw?
Old 08-21-09, 03:53 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

When I bought my WIN rear spoiler, I had it down to the WIN and the JP, but went WIN because I personally like how it flows better with the rear lines...it didn't create a tangency with the taillight shape/lines...Just my personal taste.
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!! I too had it down to those two, but yea, the WIN matches the flow of the bottom of the rear bumper!

Originally Posted by sakataj
your dead on....besides the exhaust that cars awesome. whose is it btw?
I cant remember the name, it belonged to a 6'8" pacific islander from hawaii who just recently past away due to lukemia or something... On 'vipstlyecars.com' they had a full bio on the guy on the front page. Apparently he was major in the VIP scene and well known. I had the story saved, but then my hard drive crashed DAMN good job with the car!
Old 08-21-09, 05:30 PM
tonysgs300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that exhaust, is it a JP? kinda looks it? that wing is sick!!!
Old 08-21-09, 09:37 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tonysgs300
that exhaust, is it a JP? kinda looks it? that wing is sick!!!
Whatever it is, its the real thing. I'm gonna see if they kept the story somewhere...
Old 08-22-09, 04:07 AM
SYNSEI
Driver

OP, are there any more pics of that car? Is he a CL member?
Old 08-22-09, 05:57 AM
shvc1991
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by passnu2

time for operation GS300 in my garage that think looks killer with that exhaust
I respect your opinion, but I'd like to politely disagree. It's just too much and doesn't seem to "flow" with the rest of the car.
Old 08-22-09, 06:17 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SYNSEI
OP, are there any more pics of that car? Is he a CL member?
You know, I'm gonna have to talk with the mods on vipstylecars cause I couldnt find anything. There was a full bio on him with interior pics and all.. Its a pretty sweet ride. I wonder what happened to it not out of disrespect, but man I would have jumped on the chance to buy that one!

Originally Posted by shvc1991
I respect your opinion, but I'd like to politely disagree. It's just too much and doesn't seem to "flow" with the rest of the car.
What are you talking about?! It flows perfectly, same angle of bumper for one. What makes it go the most is the style hes going for (which I like) its the look as if the car is made of taffy grab either end and pull a bit. Makes the car look stretched! in compliments the wing. Makes the car look aerodynamic! I do respect your opinion, but that sh it looks sick! I'd do it to mine, but would DEF not 'flow' with my set up...
Old 08-22-09, 07:34 AM
shvc1991
Lexus Test Driver

Jokster, Jokster, Jokster... I was talking about the exhaust set up maaaang.
Old 08-22-09, 08:18 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Its definitely the WIN wing, I have one on my car. If I remember correctly it does cover the stock holes, its been awhile. Good luck finding one though, they arent the easiest thing to get your hands on.
Old 08-22-09, 08:36 AM
trbopooh
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TTurboPimp
Its definitely the WIN wing, I have one on my car. If I remember correctly it does cover the stock holes, its been awhile. Good luck finding one though, they arent the easiest thing to get your hands on.
thanks TTurbopimp. i don't remember if it was steve ganz that i talked to that told me... good to see that you're still around.
Old 08-22-09, 08:39 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah, im still lurking around. I have a renewed interest in my car, its about to be back in action real soon.
Old 08-22-09, 11:00 AM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!! I too had it down to those two, but yea, the WIN matches the flow of the bottom of the rear bumper!

I cant remember the name, it belonged to a 6'8" pacific islander from hawaii who just recently past away due to lukemia or something... On 'vipstlyecars.com' they had a full bio on the guy on the front page. Apparently he was major in the VIP scene and well known. I had the story saved, but then my hard drive crashed DAMN good job with the car!
The car was owned by David Tang (PimpluxGS) He was tall, 6'1" or so, Asian. Was a nice guy and always pushing the edge with his style. Not always my cup of tea, but respected his passion.
Old 08-22-09, 11:05 AM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TTurboPimp
Yeah, im still lurking around. I have a renewed interest in my car, its about to be back in action real soon.
I wonder how long the interest will last. Until winter comes around? haha, good to see that you are still playing with the GS. Bring it to Hawaii, and we can let the cars "play" Or if I'm lucky I'll take it to the "states" and let it run around there and look for ya!!

Wouldn't it be cool to have the original four horsemen's cars together again? Now that would be a photo op!
Old 08-22-09, 11:11 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by shvc1991
Jokster, Jokster, Jokster... I was talking about the exhaust set up maaaang.
me too sir thats why I said I couldnt do it cause it doesnt flow with my kit. If I were talking about the wing, it would totally contradict my purpose of my topic in regards to the wing

Quick Reply: What wing is this? Thank you.