GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My GS4 is shot...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-02, 01:20 PM
his_eminence
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My GS4 is shot...

....literally, at least 3 times with a shotgun. I was at a party Friday night and didn't notice until I got home. Actually, on the way home, I noticed the warning light that tells you if you have a rear lamp out and my friend noticed the passenger side mirror was riddled with shot. We took a better look when I got back to my apartment and sure enough, the passenger side taillight assmbly was completely destroyed with pits from the shot of the shotgun shell. There were probably two shots on that side and one on the driver side. All shots were at an off-angle from the rear so some shot made it down the sides of the car. Total damage: passenger side rearview mirror destroyed, both passenger side doors with numerous little pits in them so they'll need to be fixed, the right rear light assembly destroyed, the bumper filled with holes, the spoiler riddled with holes, the entire hood sprayed with dents, the driver's side doors look alright but may have small dents I can't see with it being so dirty, and they also dented my hood slightly (maybe another rock incident). I'm getting it appraised by my place on Monday and on Tuesday by the insurance suggested place. The real pisser is that no one even heard it. Not one person at the party said "I think I just heard gunshots." I guess it's better since we might have all run out to see what was going on and maybe have gotten hit. It wasn't even in a particularly ghetto aread either. Why oh why do people have to be haters? AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH
Old 04-14-02, 01:50 PM
Francis K
Racer

Default damn bro....

ain't that some ****...be careful man
Old 04-14-02, 01:52 PM
blue wax
Lead Lap

unbelievable...
this is serious stuff

How did nobody noticed what happened?? Guns are noisy yezzzzzzz

be careful man !!!

It's a shame, what a disaster for U.

try to find out, you never know..............?!

hope all will be repaired properly..... insurance maybe ?
Old 04-14-02, 02:04 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,487 Likes on 1,633 Posts

Wow. I was only in Tuscon once... definitely a wild west kinda town. This proves is.
Old 04-14-02, 02:18 PM
his_eminence
Rookie

Insurance is going to cover it, I have a good company. I have an idea of who it was...only by sight and only because he and some other guys were basically kicked out of the party we were at. I don't know who they were but maybe I can get some info from other people at the part.

Anyway, yes it does suck, but at least I'll pretty much get an entire repaint which will cover some of the dings and scrapes I got in parking lots over the last few months.

Another consolation is that the little punks that did this will meet with some karma down the road for the types of games they play.
Old 04-14-02, 02:45 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW, that is dangerus stuff man!!!
Old 04-14-02, 03:03 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

damn...

Tucson, AZ that's explains it.. however no where to be an excuse for someone's beheavor such as this..
Old 04-14-02, 03:04 PM
theanimala
Lead Lap

Damn! I'd be concerned about damage to inner stuff to like hoses and wiring.
Old 04-14-02, 05:02 PM
his_eminence
Rookie

I think some wiring for the rear light assembly might need to be replaced as it shattered completely and no longer works. I'll run it by the Lexus dealership as well as the body shop to make sure I don't miss anything. I doubt any hoses were hit (unless there are some in the rear I don't know about...maybe a brake line).

Is there anything in the rear I should specifically look for other than wiring?
Old 04-14-02, 06:42 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: My GS4 is shot...

Originally posted by his_eminence
...I was at a party Friday night and didn't notice until I got home.....
How hammered were you?

All those holes in your car, almost every single panel, and you didn't notice til you got home? I hope you weren't driving.
Old 04-14-02, 11:39 PM
itsallgood
Lead Lap

Sorry to hear that, but you know there's a lot of haters out there, just be glad you wasn't in or around the car when it happened. You can replace car parts but you can't replace your HEAD...
Old 04-15-02, 12:14 AM
his_eminence
Rookie

Dex-
The rear was the worst, and no one walked behind the car so we didn't see that. The rest of the car is damaged, but not riddled with holes. They have slight nicks and little scratches from the buckshot rolling down the sides of the car but since it was in a very dark neighborhood (Tucson has light pollution ordinances for the observatories around here) we didn't see all that.

I found out other people heard the shots...I guess I was inside talking too loud with all the music. I'm pissed no one came in and said anything. Oh well...like IAG said, it's all replaceable.

Tomorrow comes the appraisals...
Old 04-15-02, 03:22 AM
kevs
Lexus Test Driver

Default Sorry to hear about that, but........

Man, that sucks to hear what happened to your car!

But, to look on the bright side, this could be a perfect time for a bodykit!
Old 04-15-02, 10:15 AM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

f***kin' haters galore......nothin' worse. like you said, though, what goes around comes around!! I've come out of bars/clubs to a nice lugey on the side of my car, but that's about it. there's NO excuse for that type of behavior!!! haul that punk's a$$ in and have your way with him. hope like hell you find him...SOMEBODY will talk!!

Good luck man...

Eric
Old 04-15-02, 10:54 AM
12volt
Pole Position

I was supposed to go down to tucson this weekend....maybe now I will stay home and wash the ride.

Go over to LA instead where it is safe.

Quick Reply: My GS4 is shot...