GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Introducing....%\% Sharpie Lexus GS %/%

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-09, 06:07 AM
shvc1991
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful pics man, but just be careful when you're driving will ya? We'd hate to hear about you getting hurt because you weren't looking at the road.

Anywho... The Sharpie idea is a good concept, but I'm not ever sure it could grow on me. It just looks strange and a little too flashy for my tastes, but whatever floats your boat.
Old 08-23-09, 06:33 AM
SYNSEI
Driver

In the b/w pics it looks ok. I didn't realize the car was blue until I saw the color pics, though. It'd probably look better if the graphics weren't confined by the abrupt lines of the bumper. Anyways, not my thing but +1 for being different.
Old 08-23-09, 08:23 AM
ceelo
Pole Position

Great artwork on the one bumper . I love the stance on that car but how the hell do you daily drive that without completely ripping the front bumper off?
Old 08-23-09, 08:27 AM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by shvc1991
Beautiful pics man, but just be careful when you're driving will ya? We'd hate to hear about you getting hurt because you weren't looking at the road.

Anywho... The Sharpie idea is a good concept, but I'm not ever sure it could grow on me. It just looks strange and a little too flashy for my tastes, but whatever floats your boat.
I'm talented like that......its not like I was looking through the lens ......I was just freestylin.......
Old 08-23-09, 08:54 AM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Wonderful! Those are what its all about. Thanks for the time to bring these to us... and you are right... right click happy!!
Old 08-23-09, 09:18 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,268 Likes on 1,377 Posts

Neat artwork and a cool idea! Exceptional photography!
Old 08-23-09, 09:20 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Refreshing!

It's so nice to see a GS posted in the 2GEN forums with some refreshing pictures to look at for exchange. I was getting bored of all the same newbie questions that are being posted lately without using the search engine!

Very innovative and creative mind you have there my friend. I'm a big fan of great art, especially created on a GS in a different style. Nice camera action and the rolling shots are really nice! Keep up the great work!
Old 08-23-09, 09:59 AM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

awesome looking GS! but not the first one on the sharpie. this lambo gallardo has it all over the car, its a moving work of art!
Attached Thumbnails Introducing....%\% Sharpie Lexus GS %/%-sharpielamborghinigallardo2.jpg  
Old 08-23-09, 10:40 AM
Yop
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by metalgear
awesome looking GS! but not the first one on the sharpie. this lambo gallardo has it all over the car, its a moving work of art!
when someone mentioned a sharpie with a car I thought of that gallardo.
Old 08-23-09, 10:45 AM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by metalgear
Yes....this is where he got the inspiration to do it
Old 08-23-09, 10:52 AM
Jedidiah
Pole Position

Thanks for the feedback guys, both positive and negative.

First I must thank, as always, Jun for his ever-increasing skills behind the lens. A quick note: Jun took those pics while driving his own car, so if that doesn't speak to his abilities I don't know what does.

To answer some questions:

1) Yes, this car is daily driven on coils.. meaning that their is no adjustment on the go.. no bags, hydros, or aircups. Completely static.

2) The blue bumper makes the car look lower then the white sharpie bumper due to the addition of the add-on lip. With the blue bumper on, I have about 4 inches of clearance from lip to ground.

3) How do I drive like this daily? Practice, a defensive-eye and a little bit of guts. I'm in outside sales, and drive an average of about 3000 miles / month. Even so, daily-driving this thing has had its fair share of challenges. I'm going to start a "Diary thread" on my adventures driving low to give you guys a better idea of what "really" happens when you drive as much as I do like this.

4) The reasoning behind doing the sharpie bumper was due to damaging my blue bumper, and I put one of Jeff Tsai's old white bumpers on my car in the meantime. I decided that while I had it on there, why not try some art? The idea was originally thought of by the owner of Lambo of Ft Lauderdale on his white Gallardo, and I do what to give credit where credit is due.

The blue bumper is back on, as its fixed and because the sharpie bumper will start to fade if I leave it on. Thus, its become an "accessory" to put on once in a while for kicks and becomes a nice piece of art for the house. Ha.

Just trying to push the envelopes and think out side the box. Keeps an 11-yr old car fresh.
Old 08-23-09, 11:30 AM
36Chambers
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sick ride..What wheels are those..And sizes
Old 08-23-09, 01:31 PM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

for one badd a$$ car & pics
Old 08-23-09, 01:59 PM
KNEXX
Lead Lap

If the car was black or white it would've been on point. I like the creativity, but it clashes with the rest of the car. Need less to say your ride its dope boy fresh...
Old 08-23-09, 02:17 PM
G4inRich
Rookie

Nice...Love the wheels, stance and the sharpie look. Different works for me. Dying to see how it will look mines since its already black. Good look JunJDM. . .

Quick Reply: Introducing....%\% Sharpie Lexus GS %/%