GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Raced a Slightly modded 3000gt 5spd with my GS300!!!Need help from GS owners now!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-02, 04:53 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by meanboy
Excuse me, are you ignorant or what? You don't even know what kind of engine you have in your car and you want to bring lame stats on other car manufacturer's engines? Try providing Toyota engine stats and tell me what engine the Supra TT has. I am sure you could find a magazine with the info.
Excuse me, But are u a Gay Fu*ker or wut? is PMS taking over ?
Calm down... its my car obvioulsy i know my car is a i6.... simple mistake .. i said v6 instead of I6... Big deal... simple mistake... so use to saying V6 ...

I bet u get ur *** wooped alot for talkin all this *****.

OMG OMG its hailing outsyde!!!

Last edited by CamRen; 04-16-02 at 05:00 PM.
Old 04-16-02, 11:21 PM
CJGS4
Rookie

Damn Camren, grow up.. BTW, does mommy know you're racing her car?
Old 04-16-02, 11:30 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

let's all calm down now.

If someone thinks GS is a race car then let it be. If someone thinks the GS is not a race car then just cruise with it. No one has the right to say what character someone else's car will be playing.

I don't want to close a good thread so everyone relax and stare at my rushing cactus
Old 04-17-02, 12:08 AM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by CamRen

BTW CSHFLW.... you get your new wheels yet?

Naa.....deside I like these alot and don't want to go throught the hassel of buying new wheels....I get too many compliments on them (except here).... Next wheels I buy will be for a new car...20" Lowenharts for sure

Plus I spent some serious cash on some tight *** mods which I thought the car needed...cars already got wheels....car due out first week of May.....

Last edited by CSHFLW; 04-17-02 at 12:09 AM.
Old 04-17-02, 12:35 AM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey Ray, wow you've changed a lot just like me and Dennis. I remember a year back we' were in In n Out u talking about how you were going to fix up your GS to supra killer

anywayz, even as I have my GS430, I still realize this is not a car meant to be "fast", let alone a GS300. Though GS430 with minor upgrade, like tc/intake/exhaust can fare well against high 5''s car, we are still no match to Supras, 3000GTvr4, or Camero SS. You buy GS for luxury and fair sportyness, and for that Lexus elegance. That's what seperates us from these ricers while they are setting in a car without air condition/navigatin/ml. To be fully competivie to be fast, get another car. Keep in mind that I also have fully suspension mod in my GS, but what good does it do against a more compact sport sedan? even IS300 can whoop us in handling.

all in all, I still love my GS every day. When I cruize my GS through the downtown SF, the feeling is as I have a bently or ferrai or something

don't get carried away. we are all cool buddies who share common interest aren't we?

Last edited by gsintensive; 04-17-02 at 12:39 AM.
Old 04-17-02, 12:42 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by gsintensive
hey Ray, wow you've changed a lot just like me and Dennis. I remember a year back we' were in In n Out u talking about how you were going to fix up your GS to supra killer

anywayz, even as I have my GS430, I still realize this is not a car meant to be "fast", let alone a GS300. Though GS430 with minor upgrade, like tc/intake/exhaust can fare well against high 5''s car, we are still no match to Supras, 3000GTvr4, or Camero SS. You buy GS for luxury and fair sportyness, and for that Lexus elegance. That's what seperates us from these ricers while they are setting in a car without air condition/navigatin/ml. To be fully competivie to be fast, get another car. Keep in mind that I also have fully suspension mod in my GS, but what good does it do against a more compact sport sedan? even IS300 can whoop us in handling.

all in all, I still love my GS every day. When I cruize my GS through the downtown SF, the feeling is as I have a bently or ferrai or something

don't get carried away. we are all cool buddies who share common interest aren't we?
hey Wei, long time no talk buddy! how you doing over there at CAL? I heard lotsa ugly mei compared to mei paradise UCI but hey I'm out too so it's all cool. Talk to me on AIM sometime man!
Old 04-17-02, 12:43 AM
v300
Lead Lap

To Camren and other aspiring GS enthusiast. The GS can be made into a racecar but it will cost an arm and a leg and plenty of patience. Believe me on this... I am still walking the path I've chosen...

... to beat a Supra is to become a Supra.
Old 04-17-02, 01:39 AM
RacingAristo

Wei,

How's your life at Cal? By you taking a long time to reply my IM tells me you're hella busy. EE is not that bad IMO, try CS. Anyway, any plan for the summer? Going down or going back to Taiwan?

Have you already given up the dream of turning a GS to a race car? I remember you were so power hungry back then. Ha Ha Any new mod?

v300,

I like your saying, "to beat a supra is to become a supra".
Old 04-17-02, 03:30 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

I agree with Lextasy44, NOS is the way to go if you want an inexpensive (relative) engine mod that will give you REAL results. The new NOS systems are pretty good...

Otherwise, you're just wasting your money on the little mods that really don't add up to much...only the BIG mods will make BIG power...

Did you weigh your wheels before you mounted them? I would be interested in that info...also, what wheels do you have on exactly? The Dronells or the other one...?

Why not buy a used SC300 ('92+), slap a Toyomoto Turbo on it, put some nice 18" or 19" LIGHWEIGHT wheels, and then go slap the living crap out this 3000GT? You could possibly do it for what you can sell your GS300 for...
Old 04-17-02, 11:07 AM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ray hehehe how do u like the life in Calpolly? must hitting up on many chicks eh!? (sweet baby like Carol). hehe.. try to keep it down will ya. Berkeley's mei is not comparison to UCI's. it is like comparing garden of angel to Jurassic park. urg.. T_T. since my gf is with me 24/7 I guess I will be fine.

Dennis, yeah i am hella busy with works. The ppl in Cal are nice and warm like all bay area ppl, but their brain seems to double the size of mine. that's why the extra works, to barely keep up with the class! (lol, in UCI i was much better yo) You're the first I heard saying CS is harding than EE, hehe we'll see... I was power hungry like all of you, but looking at the ghetto street of berkeley, I think twice sc/tc my GS.

hey AJ, its been a while since we hang out, i dunno why but everytime you call the id is blocked. I mostly do not pick up blocked calls, (it could be my DAD, or some advertising agency) anywayz, call me these few days, how's ur car? is it up and running yet!? it's almost been 2 year yo... = P keep me updated.

Manaray, too bad I miss you at the supermega trip, I really wanna check out your ride. Let me know when you are coming up again!? NOS sounds like a great setup with good power boost, but again, it is a trade off of engine liability. I know a lot of people will say, don't press it ofeten, but you know and i know then whenever you see a ricer/domestic/bimmer messing around, your finger won't stop reaching~~~

take care guys

Last edited by gsintensive; 04-17-02 at 11:11 AM.
Old 04-17-02, 01:45 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by CJGS4
Damn Camren, grow up.. BTW, does mommy know you're racing her car?
Mommy Drives a 2003 matrix.

She can careless what her son is doing with his car or his money... sorry you didnt have all this when you were 17.

manaray.. check my post on my wheels...
Old 04-17-02, 04:58 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

so.. you're admitting you have bums for parents. I don't know why any parent would let their kid drive around a GS300 if they're driving around some Matrix. And an I6 is quite different from a V6. I6's are inherently smoother and provide a lot of torque. Your pic in your signature looks like some bad Photoshop work, so I don't know if you even have a GS300. From the parts you list, you're really into cars, so you'd know that an I6 is very different from a V6. A lot of things just don't add up....
Old 04-17-02, 06:07 PM
Zulfie
Driver

Default 3000 GT

CamRen,
You probably raced the GT version of the 3000GT, which comes with 225 H.P. stock, so slightly higher with those mods.

If you raced the VR-4, then that would be a different story 300H.P. + all wheel drive... Stock.. ( I had one, the Dodge version ( Stealth R/T ), and please don't take this the wrong way, but the VR-4 have seriously dumped you, even with your mods...

I ended turning in my Stealth ( to my brother ) for my current baby 93 RX7.....Which is going on the selling block in a month or two....

Zulfie
Old 04-17-02, 06:57 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by pbm317
so.. you're admitting you have bums for parents. I don't know why any parent would let their kid drive around a GS300 if they're driving around some Matrix. And an I6 is quite different from a V6. I6's are inherently smoother and provide a lot of torque. Your pic in your signature looks like some bad Photoshop work, so I don't know if you even have a GS300. From the parts you list, you're really into cars, so you'd know that an I6 is very different from a V6. A lot of things just don't add up....
You know, 2 weeks ago, I was driving a GS300, my brother driving an E320, and my mom a Honda CR-V

We kinda figured that's not how it's suppose to be. So now my mom drives the E320, my bro a WRX, and I'll be getting something cheap and small and fast and AWD
Old 04-17-02, 07:04 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by pbm317

HMmmm.... lets see a newbie....

Telling a old CL member that he is Fake? a joke?

You got problems.... i never said v6 and i6 are exactly the same.. KEYWORD "exactly" ...... all i said was that its not too much of a difference in power.... never mentioned running smoother .. etc.... Plz ... b4 you judge any1 ..... look at all the facts...

You think im here @ CL wasting my time when i dont even have a car???.... my SIG has a photochoped car of the wheels i was gonna get, but i ended up buying dronell's. MAn you know What
I HATE PEOPLE LIKE YOU.
YOU **** ME OFF

do you even know why my mom drives a matrix?
NO you dont... so **** U FRUIT
She got it because she only and ONLY wanted that car. So my dad didnt argu and just got her what she wanted...

AND DONT FU*KIN TALK **** BOUT MAH PARENTS WHEN U DONT EVEN KNOW THEM U FAGGET!

Zulfire: yeah it was a 3000GT gt with 220-225 hp 3200pounds

IM SURE PEOPLE HERE KNOW ME WELL... over the year ive provided enough pics of my self @ carshows.. with my car.. each time i got diff. wheels.. each time i did a mod. so if i were you i would watch what i say. SMART ***

Last edited by CamRen; 04-17-02 at 07:06 PM.