GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Raced a Slightly modded 3000gt 5spd with my GS300!!!Need help from GS owners now!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-02 | 07:36 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Exclamation Raced a Slightly modded 3000gt 5spd with my GS300!!!Need help from GS owners now!!!

Raced a 1996 3000gt 5spd
Modds: performance headers, Ram air intake, Quad Xhaust, Stage 3 Clutch.

Mine: 99 Gs300
Modds: Quad Xhaust, Coldair box, WeaponR intake, Stock wheels (light weight)

Race 1:

I got the jump and till 85 mph he stayed on my rear left door... Got him on the First Race!! !!YES!!

Race 2:

Got a Jump on him again! ... got to 90 and he was on my front left fender ... Beat him By 20 inches

My car is pretty dam hott by now... engine smell eww!! and rubber all over the place form my burnout/ takeoff

RACE 3...... All Hell breaks LOOSE!!

We take Off EVEN!! :eek: AHH ***** ****A is Double Clutching/Double Shifting
at about 85 im @ his Rear left door!! 105mph both shutdown... Me @ his back bumper! I lost

So Last Race, Race 4

Start
again hez using...Double shifting routine .... Stay equal till 60 then he starts pulling ..... His 3rd gear kicks in And imediatly he jumps....... Again same results... My front bumper @ his rear Left fender... i lost .....

RESults..

I wooped him twice.. he kicked my *** twice...

But over all... i think his car can take mine... (if he double shifts)

His 3rd gear is a monster!

my 1st and 2nd kicked some butt!

This is where yall come in......

What eles can i do???? Im getting the SAFC installed like in a week or 2.... would that help @ all..... thats a performance upgrade!... but on the down side.. im getting my 20inch Dronell's in on thursday! ... so thats like more weight added... so it will go back to the same... qual out.. you know.. added horse power from the SAFC .. taken away by the 20inch wheels thats gonna be added....

What eles can i do performance wise??? other Then turbo or supercharger??? if i can Turbo charge or supercharger... how much HP and $$ are different stages? .... would torque converter and LSD help???

HELP ME GUYZ! ....

i lost to a 3000gt .... he claims he has beaten Mustan GT's (auto's) he knows he would get killed by a manual GT and he thought my car was hella fast for a sedan cause i stuck with him all the way... (and he was surprised i didnt kill him?? thas what he said) lol and me and him always said to each other @ skool "my car will woope ur carz ***"... i feel sorta bad .. even though i won 2 outta 4... but i know infact that he can take me while double shifting .. but his clutch was grinding after the race :eek: haha shifting too hard.

So Wut are your suggestions? what should my next performance modd be?
Old 04-15-02 | 08:09 PM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

I would just get the TC and you will jump him off the line real bad! That is probably the best bang for the buck! Or SC but its not cheap!
Old 04-15-02 | 08:11 PM
RacingAristo

Or you can get my engine, ecu, transmission and etc (4.3 liter) so I can finally do the engine swap.
Old 04-15-02 | 08:14 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

get another car
Old 04-15-02 | 08:17 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by GlobeCLK
get another car

Thats real nice... comming from a GS owner....

i just might..... im like that... somthing this small can change my mind about keeping the GS.... lol so dont try me man... next thing you know ill pull out with a 1000hp supra heh heh... Jo-Tech is right around the corner for me... dallas texas all the way baby..........
Old 04-15-02 | 08:20 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by GlobeCLK
get another car
heh heh and i Said "what should my next performance mod be"

Not my next car....

oh and Globe...dont you have almost the same car as me?? heh heh, its telling me something man...

Last edited by CamRen; 04-15-02 at 08:22 PM.
Old 04-15-02 | 10:17 PM
MGS4
Lexus Test Driver

gut the interior
Old 04-15-02 | 10:51 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by CamRen

heh heh and i Said "what should my next performance mod be"

Not my next car....

oh and Globe...dont you have almost the same car as me?? heh heh, its telling me something man...
almost the same car? not really man, i've stopped modding my car. Probably going to turn it back to stock in a year or so. I'll be driving something alittle faster and easier to fix up, and this GS will go to my mom.
Old 04-15-02 | 11:05 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

CamRen: Isn't there 3 different models of the 3000GT. Were you racing the SC model or the base model? In any event, I agree that getting a TC will be the best mod for the $$$. Especially when getting the Chrome 20's. You will feel the weight of the wheels in a GS300. Also, a chip or SFAC will help get you some more power but at higher RPM's. My suggestion would be that if a S.C. / Turbo is in the back of your mind, don't spend the money on little bolt on's that only get you a few RWHP. Save up and buy the big boy stuff, but until then, just cruise around town. Your car already looks pimp! Anyway, this is what I'm doing. I have given up on bolt on's parts because of lack of Dyno testing & false HP statements. I want V8 power, so I gotta go big. Good luck what ever you do. Were in the same boat man!

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 04-15-02 at 11:06 PM.
Old 04-15-02 | 11:28 PM
RacingAristo

Ray,

Wanna do a Skyline GTR R34 groupbuy from Motorex? Ha Ha RX7, Supra, IS300 (hella easy to mod and a lot cheaper than M3), Lancer Evo, STi WRX (drools), Z from Nissan, BMW 3 series, Mercedes E-Class (hahaha), M35 (not sure about the mod). The list goes on. Let me know what you have in mind.
Old 04-15-02 | 11:38 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by RacingAristo
Ray,

Wanna do a Skyline GTR R34 groupbuy from Motorex? Ha Ha RX7, Supra, IS300 (hella easy to mod and a lot cheaper than M3), Lancer Evo, STi WRX (drools), Z from Nissan, BMW 3 series, Mercedes E-Class (hahaha), M35 (not sure about the mod). The list goes on. Let me know what you have in mind.
small car
Old 04-16-02 | 12:33 AM
MGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Just pick one
I say.....the blue one
[img]http://achoochoo.homestead.com/files/185.jpg[img]
Old 04-16-02 | 12:35 AM
MGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Oops! again
Old 04-16-02 | 01:57 AM