GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Racing Tow Hooks ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-11, 06:15 PM
tiger4life
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by speedaddic
I stand corrected...this aristo travels a good 205mph

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2009...fe-aristo.aspx

I guess if you own a beast like that...go for the tow hooks

Tom, not repainted yet bro. Bumper should be in this week.
great car, plenty parts on it, but i doubt it can reach 205 mph.
Old 05-03-11, 08:13 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ricey...unless your car is a heavy *** track car...Honda owners have taken over...
hey look a 2009 quote! repeating what I said almost 2 years ago...

Ricey...unless your car is a heavy *** track car
Old 05-03-11, 11:11 PM
dejavu157
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do feel the Gs scene is kinda getting a little less luxurious(vip) and more tuner like, but I guess times have changed. I understand its peoples cars and they do what they want.

First the tow hooks, then the dangling teddy bears under the bumper. =(
Old 05-04-11, 10:41 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by dejavu157
better than the dangling fake ***** the hicks put on their trucks around here

Old 05-04-11, 01:03 PM
denut-L
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj

Hahahaha this is the winner!!
How about 4 tow hooks one on each corner, teddy bear and *****. Awesome mod upgrades here
Old 05-04-11, 01:09 PM
billbillw
Driver School Candidate

I do feel the Gs scene is kinda getting a little less luxurious(vip) and more tuner like, but I guess times have changed. I understand its peoples cars and they do what they want.

Judging by the fact that just about every new photo posted is of a car that is lowered/slammed/bagged to the extreme, I think you are correct. VIP? Dub? WTF? This car was a C&D top 10 car for 2-3 years running in pure stock form. Why mess with a good thing.
Old 05-04-11, 01:25 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by denut-L
Hahahaha this is the winner!!
How about 4 tow hooks one on each corner, teddy bear and *****. Awesome mod upgrades here
on the way to the bank there was a newer model red civic with a chinese take out box dangling from the rear, I LAUGHED and was like WTF
Old 05-04-11, 04:05 PM
raytseng
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

This has happened for the past 7years. It has to do with the age of this model and therefore affordability obtainability.

I don't visit the other forums, but I wonder if it's different over in 3GS land where price to enter is still over $20k.
Old 05-04-11, 06:45 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj

Would you prefer real *****??

I see alot as well, around here they call them 'truck nuts'.. But I see just as many on dodge neons and civics as I do on trucks..

awesome..
Old 05-04-11, 06:52 PM
wald.sc400
BANNED for ripping off other members

Originally Posted by billbillw
Judging by the fact that just about every new photo posted is of a car that is lowered/slammed/bagged to the extreme, I think you are correct. VIP? Dub? WTF? This car was a C&D top 10 car for 2-3 years running in pure stock form. Why mess with a good thing.
because this was 10-13 yrs ago. good things tend to break nd wear out. why replace worn out tired suspension with the same oem when so much better/revamped is out there. why do new cars out the showroom floor undergo suspension/engine mod just months after? if you're not performance minded then i can see where you're coming from, but as for me, the driving pleasure and fun/performance factor of a car is very important
Old 05-04-11, 07:00 PM
billbillw
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by wald.sc400
because this was 10-13 yrs ago. good things tend to break nd wear out. why replace worn out tired suspension with the same oem when so much better/revamped is out there. why do new cars out the showroom floor undergo suspension/engine mod just months after? if you're not performance minded then i can see where you're coming from, but as for me, the driving pleasure and fun/performance factor of a car is very important
I am performance minded, very much so, but these super low-riding cars with massively oversized wheels are worse performing that stock. They bottom out over bumps, the steering geometry, camber and alignment are all usually way off from optimal. Handling also diminishes once you start to get past +2 from the originally designed tire/wheel sizes. Its purely for style that the owners do this.
Old 05-04-11, 07:13 PM
wald.sc400

Originally Posted by billbillw
I am performance minded, very much so, but these super low-riding cars with massively oversized wheels are worse performing that stock. They bottom out over bumps, the steering geometry, camber and alignment are all usually way off from optimal. Handling also diminishes once you start to get past +2 from the originally designed tire/wheel sizes. Its purely for style that the owners do this.
it is usually for style like u said. the whole stanceworks, canibeat, fatlace, form/function, hard parked, hellaflush, illest etc are just car trends that have evolved to car cultures like any other. these cars are usually on coils and bash on the vip crowd who are usually on bags with more adjustability options.
Old 05-04-11, 07:25 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been in the VIP for quite some time and wish the whole canibeat, fatlace, hellaflush would go away...

Wald, I agree with you 100% on the performance/fun factor. Yes, I'm low on bigger wheels...I can still hit that throttle and give cars 10 years newer a run for their money.
Old 05-04-11, 07:43 PM
wald.sc400

I've been in the VIP for quite some time and wish the whole canibeat, fatlace, hellaflush would go away...

Wald, I agree with you 100% on the performance/fun factor. Yes, I'm low on bigger wheels...I can still hit that throttle and give cars 10 years newer a run for their money.
agree, even if the car is brand new, i just can't leave stock alone...there is always room for improvement

as far as the whole stance trends, it's only gaining more popularity. i honestly don't see it fading anytime soon
Old 05-04-11, 09:39 PM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

since i started this thread some years ago i feel the need to interject my original intent. yes i did come from the honda scene, i have been modding cars for well over a decade and grew up around cars my entire life. my father has raced porsche's for around 30 years and had several of those along with classic muscle cars (my great grand father, grand pa and father have all owned car dealerships), you could say it is in my blood. i did the whole street racing thing in the mid 90's and then onto the tracks. i got into the lexus scene kinda by a fluke. i like the vip look but it is just not for me. 1) because i daily drive my car 2) dont wanna eff up my fenders 3) i believe in funtion over form 4) and i really think these cars look great with a sporty flair to them. i originally was going to track this car for fun but it is alot more expensive than the hondas were. once i recoupe from this harsh economy (it took ALOT of $$$ out of me) i wil get to the full motor/manual conversion done. as of right now i have a pretty long list of mods, but nothing compared to alot of people here and the "older" crowd with basicly unlimited funds. to sum it up i was going to mount front and rear very subtly mounted (front mounted in the lower grill insert and a small extention of the rear drivers side original tiedown) and powder coated BLACK hooks for my needs and yes to add to the race inspired look that I want. there will be a professinal photo shoot to come in the near future for you all to jugde. till then, lets get off the whole "honda scene" cause most of us, whether you admit it or not came from there or some where. it just seems that if you dont have air, mad camber and crazy offsets then you kinda get dissed here. dont get me wrong i love the look it is just no for me. i hope this cleared a few things up. sorry to rant but after reading this for the past few days i thought it needed to be said. thanks for reading my verbal vomit.
cyco out

Last edited by SoCal Cyco; 05-04-11 at 09:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Racing Tow Hooks ?'s