GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

75 shot NOS

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-02, 10:15 PM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very interesting topic. Would love to hear about Kodai's NOS experience on a GS4 inclusing installation tips, etc..

As far as the 20's go, you guys are right. They do affect the performance, even on Gs4, but indeed give you that "look" like no other.......
Old 04-23-02, 02:33 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Mariusz
Very interesting topic. Would love to hear about Kodai's NOS experience on a GS4 inclusing installation tips, etc..

As far as the 20's go, you guys are right. They do affect the performance, even on Gs4, but indeed give you that "look" like no other.......
Guts, PM CWerlin, he has had a wet 90 shot installed for a little over a month now on his 98' GS400. I saw his set-up, cosmetically, it looks killer. He will have alot of info if you are interested.... Tiny
Old 04-23-02, 08:03 AM
Wheels Boutique
Former sponsor

The lexus' love juice i have personally worked on several the best one was a SC430 took a 150 like a champ.... My friend has been tuning his IS for some time and he started with a 75 wiht no prob 100 no prob then he went to 125 and did minor fuel work now he is at 150 and has put larger silanoids and redone the whole fuel system but the car MOVES HARD.... We eill probably be doing mine soon the best kit for a lexus is a single fogger wet kit any brand whichever you prefer...

As far as stopping with the 20's forget it it doesnt work (need brakes) and performance i felt a difference....

but when it comes to brakin necks it's all good.....

Here is a shot of the SC430 set up...
Old 05-05-02, 04:34 PM
ludwigs
Driver School Candidate

Default 75 shot Nitrous/ sc400

I just finished a wet installation on my 95 sc4, and I love it! I am only on my 3rd bottle, and my research tells me that a 75shot is a very conservative bump to an engine as robust as this one. I will probably check the plugs in another bottle or two, or as soon as I feel any miss or hesitation. I have a window switch currently set @ 2800rpm on, and 6000 rpm off. I also have low pressure cut-offs on both NO2 and gas lines. I don't ever want to get a lean mixture when spraying! The nitrous cuts just before the shift point and boom, you are pulling again.
I chatted with an individual in Sacramento, who claimed to have a friend determined to break either his tranny or engine, (on a sc400)and was spraying a 240shot. Couldn't break either. Said something about running 8's, but also said the friend was doing a rebuild prior to doing twin turbos. I have seen enough posts about this goal to be dubious untill I see the name of Lex, Bean, or some of the real techs, I will be doubtful.
Old 05-05-02, 05:43 PM
Francis K
Racer

Default wow....

i would love to hear more of that 8 second 240 shot! :eek:
Old 05-05-02, 05:49 PM
Static911

Todd @ TM Engineering sprayed 175 shot on a stock engine! He did 12.30 seconds @ 113 mph. He was trying to find the breaking point and thought a 175 shot was good enough to kill the engine, and, well the 1UZ-FE handled it like a champ. Pretty crazy!

"Current List of Equipment:

Nitrous Oxide Systems Annular Discharge Sportsman Fogger Kit
Nitrous Oxide Systems Progressive Nitrous Controller
Nitrous Oxide Systems Purge Kit
Nitrous Oxide Systems Bottle Heater
Nitrous Oxide Systems In-Line Booster Pump
MSD 6AL Ignition (2)
Crane PS1 Ignition Coil (2)
K&N OEM Replacement Filter
Royal Purple Synthetic Motor Oil, Transmission Fluid, Differential Fluid
B&M Super Duty Transmission Cooler
Bogart Fluted Star 15x3.5/15x8 Drag Wheels
Mickey Thompson 26 x 10 ET Drag Slicks
1/2" Wheel Studs (3")
Custom Driveshaft Loop"

Ethan
Old 05-06-02, 08:17 AM
ludwigs
Driver School Candidate

Francis K:
The 240 shot/8 second is just a tale at this point, I'd pay attention to posts like Static911's with attribution. If/ when I call this guy about the 240 shot, I will try to get some specifics.
Old 05-06-02, 09:06 AM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

I emailed www.venom-performance.com about their application for the GS again, but never haven't heard anything yet. I'll keep ya posted.
Old 05-06-02, 10:43 AM
cwerlin
Rookie

Well guys, as Tiny spoke, I have been running my Wet 90 shot for a couple of months, I am about 4 bottles in and the plugs look great. I also installed an A/F guage to watch for leaning, and so far no issues, the mosti difficult part was connecting into the fuel system. The car runs excellent, I have now beat a couple of vettes, and hopefully tomorrow when it gets back with the TC on it, she will really fly. I am running a Compucvar kit off of my old stang, the fuel pressures are close so the jetting works perfectly, I am runnning it with a purge and bottle heater.

Good luck.

Craig
Old 05-06-02, 10:57 AM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Originally posted by cwerlin
Well guys, as Tiny spoke, I have been running my Wet 90 shot for a couple of months, I am about 4 bottles in and the plugs look great. I also installed an A/F guage to watch for leaning, and so far no issues, the mosti difficult part was connecting into the fuel system. The car runs excellent, I have now beat a couple of vettes, and hopefully tomorrow when it gets back with the TC on it, she will really fly. I am running a Compucvar kit off of my old stang, the fuel pressures are close so the jetting works perfectly, I am runnning it with a purge and bottle heater.

Good luck.

Craig

Ahh. That's great to hear. Could you post as much detail about your setup as possible or pm me privately? Would like to get the exact same thing on my car. Thanks.
Old 05-07-02, 10:52 AM
ludwigs
Driver School Candidate

cwerlin: The guys installing the NO2 on my sc4 used a hollow bolt in the fuel log for the tap. This is an available part, not a custom-machined piece. Let me try to post a firewall shot with the fuel pressure gauge. (I couldn't see the gif in preview, so I guess no image.)
What is the make/source for your A/F gauge?
Old 05-07-02, 12:41 PM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Don't Hold Your Breath!!

Mariusz - Don't hold your breath waiting on Venom! Remember that I spoke with them over a year ago & they still don't have a Lexus kit available. I've been speaking with Craig alot lately about his setup & am about to go with a Nitrous Express kit myself. Trying to figure out what our factory injectors are rated for - I've heard in the range of 24 lbs/hour at 45 psi. Using some software from a racing friend, that would give credibility to the 400 HP mark that SRT throws around. If we can raise the fuel pressure up to 50# ( Craig's running 48# while squeezing ) then we can safely figure on the stock fuel system supporting another 20 HP or so. Plus, step up to some 27 lb/hr injectors & we start to near the magic 500 HP mark ( @ 50# fuel pressure ). Besides, doesn't Mo keep the factory injectors until Stage 3 ( 500 HP+ )? The engine's not a factor unless U get stupid ( ceramic coated pistons, forged rods, etc ) & the tranny's also said to be OK ( by Level 10 ) for 500 HP. As a rule of thumb & assuming traction's not a problem, a street driven car can estimate a .1 reduction in quartermile times for every 10 additional HP ( not matter how U achieve the additional power ). So figure that a 75 horse shot of squeeze will drop ya .7-.8 thru the quarter. I had a 125 HP shot on my Corvette ( before the Lingenfelter motor ) & I ran 13.7's stock & 12.5's on the gas so the rule's pretty accurate.
Old 05-07-02, 01:43 PM
ludwigs
Driver School Candidate

Default 75 shot NOS

Just learning..... I did post some of the Wet 75shot nitrous shots in the gallery. I will do more if there is an interest.
Old 05-07-02, 06:12 PM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Default Re: Don't Hold Your Breath!!

Originally posted by Mean Gene
Mariusz - Don't hold your breath waiting on Venom! Remember that I spoke with them over a year ago & they still don't have a Lexus kit available. I've been speaking with Craig alot lately about his setup & am about to go with a Nitrous Express kit myself. Trying to figure out what our factory injectors are rated for - I've heard in the range of 24 lbs/hour at 45 psi. Using some software from a racing friend, that would give credibility to the 400 HP mark that SRT throws around. If we can raise the fuel pressure up to 50# ( Craig's running 48# while squeezing ) then we can safely figure on the stock fuel system supporting another 20 HP or so. Plus, step up to some 27 lb/hr injectors & we start to near the magic 500 HP mark ( @ 50# fuel pressure ). Besides, doesn't Mo keep the factory injectors until Stage 3 ( 500 HP+ )? The engine's not a factor unless U get stupid ( ceramic coated pistons, forged rods, etc ) & the tranny's also said to be OK ( by Level 10 ) for 500 HP. As a rule of thumb & assuming traction's not a problem, a street driven car can estimate a .1 reduction in quartermile times for every 10 additional HP ( not matter how U achieve the additional power ). So figure that a 75 horse shot of squeeze will drop ya .7-.8 thru the quarter. I had a 125 HP shot on my Corvette ( before the Lingenfelter motor ) & I ran 13.7's stock & 12.5's on the gas so the rule's pretty accurate.

I agree. I emailed them almost a year ago too. They still haven't gotten back to me about the venom applications. I spoke with Mo and he said I would definitely need Pistons and tranny work going above 400RWHP. This is why I told him my car must make at least 390RWHP off the bottle. I'm giving my car in on the May 29th and have a lot of friends that are anticipating a very fast GS when I get it back. When I'm ready to do the pistons and the tranny, I will definitely up to boost and throw a 90 shot in there. I am already looking forward to getting more power and I haven't even gotten the setup yet. I will try to get additional info about the nitrous setup and will post what I find out. Meanwhile, thanks for the info.
Old 05-08-02, 08:25 AM
cwerlin
Rookie

The hollow Bolt That Lidwigs is talking about is probably a banjo fitting which can work, if you can find the proper metric Banjo, I bought a metric fuel rail adapter from AUtozone and screwed a very thin metric nut to the top, I then welded it to the fitting to prevent leakage around the threads. Next I used the brass crush washer from the original plug on the front of the fuel rail to and screwed it together. The adapters other side is an NPT fitting which I used a number of 90's and other fittings to get it into the position I needed, then a final adapter to the flare fitting required by the fuel pressure line going to the solenoids. I also mounted a WOT switch while I was in there. My solenoids with pressure guages are mounted inside my WR CAB and the fogger nozzle is mounted in the intake pipe just after the 90 going into the TB, be carful not to get to close or it will rub the belt.

Craig

Quick Reply: 75 shot NOS