GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

HOLY CRAP! What you guys think about this Modded grille?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-09, 11:15 AM
ARISTOh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks good, I would shave it and get it dipped in chrome..
Old 09-07-09, 11:29 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Aristo6
Looks good, I would shave it and get it dipped in chrome..
cant dip plastic...
Old 09-07-09, 11:35 AM
1SWTGS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same grille .I have some black out tape laying around .I'm going to black out the vertical slant .see how it looks.
Old 09-07-09, 11:40 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1SWTGS
I have the same grille .I have some black out tape laying around .I'm going to black out the vertical slant .see how it looks.
You beat me! LoL I was gonna do the same thing. I think I might just cut them out and leave the protrusion since it will only be visible from far... (pending looks after tape)
Old 09-07-09, 11:54 AM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

I'd just paint it... The bar in the middle there is for support across the grill. If it has some kind of reinforcement at the back then cut it. Otherwise, someone can just trip there by accident and those grill will bend easy.
Old 09-07-09, 12:31 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by masagsxr
I'd just paint it... The bar in the middle there is for support across the grill. If it has some kind of reinforcement at the back then cut it. Otherwise, someone can just trip there by accident and those grill will bend easy.
nothing a little epoxy couldnt take care of... Theres a practically invisible mesh behind it that I can use clear epoxy and attach it to the back of the bars...
Old 09-07-09, 01:36 PM
2GSonAir
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would just leave it alone.
You would me cutting up a perfectely fine Kazz Grill to make it kinda look like a JP Grill.
Besides,if you cut this one up, nobody's gonna want to buy it after that.
I would say, sell this one and buy a JP Grill if that's what your looking for.
Old 09-07-09, 01:49 PM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yep, Ill buy it off ya lol. JP one for sale for $700 in classifieds
Old 09-07-09, 03:29 PM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks good both ways!
Old 09-07-09, 03:34 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 2GSonAir
I would just leave it alone.
You would me cutting up a perfectely fine Kazz Grill to make it kinda look like a JP Grill.
Besides,if you cut this one up, nobody's gonna want to buy it after that.
I would say, sell this one and buy a JP Grill if that's what your looking for.
not looking for the JP one... I want a one off grill This will have less 'stripes' and is more defined IMO. I like it better than the JP one.
Old 09-07-09, 03:39 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
nothing a little epoxy couldnt take care of... Theres a practically invisible mesh behind it that I can use clear epoxy and attach it to the back of the bars...
You really think a little epoxy would fix it? . When something is bent (depending how bad), it will leave a notch there and will not be smooth anymore and will be hard to fix. If you can live with that then ....

Yeah, I'm with everyone and would leave it the way it is. It looks more elegant to me.
Old 09-07-09, 04:43 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

You really think a little epoxy would fix it? . When something is bent (depending how bad), it will leave a notch there and will not be smooth anymore and will be hard to fix. If you can live with that then ....

Yeah, I'm with everyone and would leave it the way it is. It looks more elegant to me.
I'm speaking about supporting them from sagging when removed... if someone "trips and bends them" well that goes for any grill and c'mon we're talking long shots. If someone fell in front of my car, I'd me more worried about the huge head print on my hood and only a few people have said to leave it, more have supported the mod. aaaannd.... (breath) just like all our grills, its made of abs plastic, so wont bend just break...

not too fond of the grill, thats why its been off for so long. So modding it have more benefits for me cause its just sitting here. No one will buy it for a respectable price so Id rather "destroy" it as people are saying then just have it sit here Dam Carson is selling their LAST one for $270 so everyone wants to pay $150-$200 for it mine is just as brand new as theirs! rant/

its funny though, so many would rather buy carsons at their price..... yet its still available from them! ha ha

Last edited by Mr Jokster; 09-07-09 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09-07-09, 06:24 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Just get the JP grille...
Old 09-07-09, 08:21 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
I'm speaking about supporting them from sagging when removed... if someone "trips and bends them" well that goes for any grill and c'mon we're talking long shots. If someone fell in front of my car, I'd me more worried about the huge head print on my hood and only a few people have said to leave it, more have supported the mod. aaaannd.... (breath) just like all our grills, its made of abs plastic, so wont bend just break...

not too fond of the grill, thats why its been off for so long. So modding it have more benefits for me cause its just sitting here. No one will buy it for a respectable price so Id rather "destroy" it as people are saying then just have it sit here Dam Carson is selling their LAST one for $270 so everyone wants to pay $150-$200 for it mine is just as brand new as theirs! rant/

its funny though, so many would rather buy carsons at their price..... yet its still available from them! ha ha
.... Yeah if you can support it in the back somehow that'll be cool. I'm all for it too I just didn't think the back side is supported. It definitely looks good without the line in the middle.... Hhhmmmmm I should buy that grill for my bro's GS. I have an SC400. Little bro has GS300 and older bro has an LS400. He's been wanting a grill too.
Old 09-07-09, 08:31 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

.... Yeah if you can support it in the back somehow that'll be cool. I'm all for it too I just didn't think the back side is supported. It definitely looks good without the line in the middle.... Hhhmmmmm I should buy that grill for my bro's GS. I have an SC400. Little bro has GS300 and older bro has an LS400. He's been wanting a grill too.
as mentioned before though... the middle "support" is lifted, so if I cut the middle pieces off, it wont be a smooth bar across, it will have a little nipple in the middle on each bar I'm still waiting for 1SWTGS to tape his up to see what it would look like. mines off the car so wont be able to see. I'm tempted to just cut it off, leave the middle lifted (since it wont be seen from far, only during inspection) and do it! however, too many people would frown upon it and not leave me be

Quick Reply: HOLY CRAP! What you guys think about this Modded grille?!