GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Rear End Collision....

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-09, 05:36 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very sad to see.
Old 09-10-09, 06:17 PM
bigguppy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don’t know what kind of coverage your lil brother and you have but I would just call the insurance and let them deal with it. That is what they are for.

His car alone from the picture I am guessing $6k easy. Your car $4,500 - $5,500. In any case it would be his fault. I know this from experience.

The hit and run sounds good but your lil bro car still need to get fix. GL
Old 09-10-09, 06:25 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Good for you for not wanting to screw your brother over, but you don't want to commit insurance fraud, either. You carry insurance for mistakes - this one is one of those times. If you are honest with them and work with them, it will probably cost you a bit, but you'll be okay. You and your brother are lucky to not have physical injuries, as that looks pretty severe.

Were the police called? I would definitely have filed a report to help with anything insurance related. It's a messy situation, but the truth wins out on it. Worst case, you both pay your deductibles and the cars get fixed (if possible, cuz that Nismo looks like it's about done, especially if the engine took a hit).

I'd see what they say. You can always change insurance after if they try to play games or make you pay loaded up rates for 5 years.

Big Mack
Old 09-10-09, 06:44 PM
$ergios300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SoCal Cyco
if your rear door wont open then there is almost for sure frame damage. i am sorry to hear this because it will be really exspensive to fix. frame pulls are not that exspensive but you will most likely have to fix other parts. good luck and pics would help determin the problem.
how much are frame pulls?? and should i go with any mechanic or is a lexus bodyshop recommended???
Old 09-10-09, 06:52 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Lexus bodyshop is waaayyy more expensive. I went to it once to get an estimate and see how much it was going to cost to fix mine(hit and run). Mine also had frame damage. The trunk had to be slammed to close and the quarter panel was damaged. They quoted me around 6-7 k:eek:. So I went to a nice, professional looking facility and they charged me 2800. Their body work was good( they pulled the frame, not just bondo it, like some cheap shop would do) but their paint match sucked. Anyways, whoever you got to, make sure you deal with the guy who is going to fix it, not some man in a white shirt and tie. Where in TX are you?
Old 09-10-09, 07:54 PM
$ergios300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by EN_VY
Lexus bodyshop is waaayyy more expensive. I went to it once to get an estimate and see how much it was going to cost to fix mine(hit and run). Mine also had frame damage. The trunk had to be slammed to close and the quarter panel was damaged. They quoted me around 6-7 k:eek:. So I went to a nice, professional looking facility and they charged me 2800. Their body work was good( they pulled the frame, not just bondo it, like some cheap shop would do) but their paint match sucked. Anyways, whoever you got to, make sure you deal with the guy who is going to fix it, not some man in a white shirt and tie. Where in TX are you?
thanks for the info man... ill try some local shops i know of and see what happens im in dallas
Old 09-10-09, 08:14 PM
BLAZE
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry to hear about the crash. Just look at any body shops finished product, not just one, but a few. Go around to several and compare quality. Once you find a shop that has all bases covered, and a warranty, you will be good to go. Just make sure everything is in writing....
Old 09-10-09, 08:22 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, make sure EVERYTHING is in writing.
Old 09-10-09, 08:28 PM
$ergios300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BLAZE
Sorry to hear about the crash. Just look at any body shops finished product, not just one, but a few. Go around to several and compare quality. Once you find a shop that has all bases covered, and a warranty, you will be good to go. Just make sure everything is in writing....

i have no clue wat to look for though to know im dealing with good bodyshops... I mean so if the frame looks good... the car can still be considered damaged if done wrong?? ... sorry if its common sense but im just tryin to get the job done right ..

thanks for all the help once agian...
Old 09-10-09, 09:21 PM
GS300_KIDD
Driver School Candidate

Dang, sorry to hear man. but it looks like his car got the worse.
Old 09-11-09, 12:48 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

It's not gona be cheap to fix that stuff man. I'd honestly go through insurance if you want the car to be DONE RIGHT. You can get it fixed cheap at a shop for 2-3k but it won't be as good as original. To get it near perfect like new will cost you around 6-7k. Rear quater panel repairs are always $$$$.
Old 09-11-09, 11:58 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
It's not gona be cheap to fix that stuff man. I'd honestly go through insurance if you want the car to be DONE RIGHT. You can get it fixed cheap at a shop for 2-3k but it won't be as good as original. To get it near perfect like new will cost you around 6-7k. Rear quater panel repairs are always $$$$.
x2

but i will say this man. IF you go through the insurance i wouldn't suggest doing a fraudulent claim like your announcing on here your gonna do. not that you'll get caught but you might and insurance fraud is a felony i believe.
Old 09-11-09, 12:00 PM
young's 96
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just sue your brother and get it over with J/k sorry to see that
Old 09-11-09, 12:17 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by young's 96
just sue your brother and get it over with J/k sorry to see that
not when i was implying or mean but i would def file this the right way. thats just me though
Old 09-11-09, 12:54 PM
$ergios300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sakataj
not when i was implying or mean but i would def file this the right way. thats just me though
yea but im stuck if i tried to do it with insurance honestly... both cars are under the same name.... and my deductable is 1k... so insurance is my best option .... i didnt realize the damage was so much ... until I got help from you guys ... helped me out alot ... N im goin to go ahead n change out my damage muffler it scrapes alot... parking / speed bumps/ etc.... very annoying...

Quick Reply: Rear End Collision....