GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Rear End Collision....

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-09, 10:38 PM
$ergios300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear End Collision....

Just got rear ended by my lil bro tonight leaving our parents house... it all was caused trying to avoid a driver on the WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD!! Just looking for advice on where to find a rear bumper and the stock exhaust system ... n my back passenger door will not open now so i may need alot more work done and insurance is out of the question ... ill post pics tomorrow after work ... any help is appreciated

thanks,
$ergio
Old 09-09-09, 10:48 PM
Baliztik
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang... in this situation that's a toughie. Make sure your car frame isn't bent. If you can't open your door it might be, either that or the rear quarter panel is pinning your door down. Get pics up of the damage.
Old 09-10-09, 01:55 AM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

if your rear door wont open then there is almost for sure frame damage. i am sorry to hear this because it will be really exspensive to fix. frame pulls are not that exspensive but you will most likely have to fix other parts. good luck and pics would help determin the problem.
Old 09-10-09, 03:04 AM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

damn, that sounds bad man. hope everything turns out well
Old 09-10-09, 06:04 AM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am pretty sure that there is a rear bumper and stock exhaust for sale in the classifieds.
Old 09-10-09, 07:08 AM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Rear bumper and exhaust are the least of your issues - don't even waste time on those right now. Get to a body shop and see about getting that rear quarter panel fixed. That is going to be the bulk of your cost so you might as well see what that is going to run you before you spend money on relatively inexpensive items.
Old 09-10-09, 07:19 AM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Question

I agree with what Debonair said, but why is insurance out of the question? This is why you carry insurance. I'm sure you didn't get the information from the driver on the wrong side, but this is why you pay every month - to protect you from having to pay big if/when something bad happens.

It's good that you're okay, but you definitely need to get the car looked at to be sure it can be repaired before spending anything.

Big Mack
Old 09-10-09, 08:20 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

BigMack, I think it's more of the fact that he doesn't want to screw over his brother, even though he was trying to dodge a driver on the wrong side of the road. Insurance company will still see this as being his brothers fault because he is the one that physically hit the car even if he wasn't the cause of it.

Sergio, if you need the stock mufflers I have a set laying around. It says on your signature that you're from Texas. Where exactly, if you're in Dallas I can meet you up so there won't be shipping charges. Let me know if you want it.
Old 09-10-09, 08:44 AM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

jeff to da rescue!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-09, 08:45 AM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
BigMack, I think it's more of the fact that he doesn't want to screw over his brother, even though he was trying to dodge a driver on the wrong side of the road. Insurance company will still see this as being his brothers fault because he is the one that physically hit the car even if he wasn't the cause of it.
Sergio, you can contact YOUR insurance, not your brothers, and just pay your deductible. if they ask how it happened tell them you did it yourself. Similar to someone hitting a tree or deer or their garage door or their other car (I did this once ). Happens all the time. If you are paying for [full coverage] insurance they can not deny you a claim.

Last edited by Debonair; 09-10-09 at 09:56 AM. Reason: added [full coverage]
Old 09-10-09, 09:49 AM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

thats true.... call them if u have full coverage, if not then your *** out... but then again you and your brother can work something out
Old 09-10-09, 11:47 AM
StayBroke
Driver

sucks to hear man, hope everything works out...
Old 09-10-09, 04:29 PM
$ergios300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by $ergios300
Just got rear ended by my lil bro tonight leaving our parents house... it all was caused trying to avoid a driver on the WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD!! Just looking for advice on where to find a rear bumper and the stock exhaust system ... n my back passenger door will not open now so i may need alot more work done and insurance is out of the question ... ill post pics tomorrow after work ... any help is appreciated

thanks,
$ergio
Hey guys, THX for all the info really helped out alot ! And yea Ill need the insurance ill say it was a hit n run or somthing... i took it to a lexus dealership and their is frame damage looks like the spare tire took most of the hit ... I got some pics now...

MY LIL BROS CAR

MY CAR...

Old 09-10-09, 04:36 PM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Ouch.. Sorry to see this man.. GLWI (Good Luck With Insurance)
What kind of car was your bro driving?
Old 09-10-09, 04:40 PM
$ergios300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GSJake
Ouch.. Sorry to see this man.. GLWI (Good Luck With Insurance)
What kind of car was your bro driving?
His was a Nissan Altima... n thx man

Quick Reply: Rear End Collision....