GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

The M.O.D.B.U.G.????

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-02, 08:03 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: The M.O.D.B.U.G.????

Originally posted by mumbles
Hey bit,
Maybe we can plan on a group buy from Mo on the SC, cause I'll be ready for some forced air in about a year! Take a nice leisurely drive up to the shop, then all hell breaks loose on the way back!
Sounds like a plan Eric. I don't think we've met, but I guess we will in Charlotte this weekend.
Old 04-22-02, 09:43 AM
enginyr
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by manaray
My mod started took a while because my GS430 wasn't really a "planned" buy...I just walked into the dealership and next thing you know, I drove out with a GS430! I hate it when that happens!!

My first mod was only temporary...I had some Tein HA's on there (it was a buddy's that he wasn't using) but they were too stiff...so got rid of them after a little while (gave 'em back to my buddy) and rode stock for a while...

The REAL modding started with my wheels. Since it took some time to make, I decided I wasn't going to bother doing any mods until they were done...so it took a few months...once I got my wheels, I did everything at one time. Install the H&R's at the same time...oh yeah, a TRD STB was thrown in the mix back when I had my Tein's...I had it on before the Tein's also...

After that, all the other suspension mods happened. TRD LCB...then the TRD STB was replaced with UGO F/R CF STB's (along with the UGO CF rear window spoiler), then the TOM'S 6-piece rear link kit and the TOM'S Rear LCB...somewhere during this time, I upgrade to the AP Racing/Stillen 6-piston Brake Kit...then the body kit (since that took QUITE SOME TIME to decide upon and get into the states)...then I did my APEX WS exhaust...since then, I haven't done anything major...but now I'm going to do the Tein FLEX and EDFC and the TOM'S Front LCB (replacing the TRD one) and I'm swapping out the TOM'S Real LCB Type-B with a Type-A...

I'm going to do a partial upgrade to the sound system...nothing major though...

After this, all I have to do is some sort of Forced Induction and this car is DONE...dunno what else I can do to it...

Of course, I have my 2nd Lexus Project car to work on now...
The EDFC would be a nice addition to the flex system. It's this or Air suspension for me.
Attached Thumbnails The M.O.D.B.U.G.????-edfc1.jpg  
Old 04-22-02, 10:42 AM
Shinchan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My car was a virgin for 14 month. One nigh while doing a wild search on yahoo came accross ClubLexus on the search engine. First MOD was L-Tuned exhaust. Not soon after that was TRD STB and LCB. Sill not satified.. added TRD Sway.. Oh..OH.. Snow...purchased 17" L-Tuned for Snow Tire... by then.. my sickness got worse.. Installed the Bilstein/Eibach. Soon purchased the Toms Rear STB... Purchased the 18" Rim while the winter just started..
got sick of the stock speaker... add MBQuart to my system. Everyday I keep remind me take the pill of reist to log on.. but no.. My father in law came and drove my car... comment that still was not as good as MB.. pissed me off... order tein HA .. that should shut him up next time he drive... did not end here .. I am planning 6 piece from Toms..
Old 04-22-02, 04:11 PM
LexFather

A wise man told me (Jazziz ) that it's like tatoos, once you start modding, YOU CAN'T STOP!

HE WAS RIGHT!!!
Old 04-22-02, 04:27 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Speaking of tattoos... I just got back from getting my piece worked on... I guess I'm MODDING out my body....
Old 04-22-02, 04:38 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bit now im lost... what do you mean?
Old 04-22-02, 05:28 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Originally posted by mrsypher
I just got back from getting my piece worked on...
Too much information...
Old 04-23-02, 10:20 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by bitkahuna

Too much information...
ROFL!!!!
Bit that's a good one.
Old 04-23-02, 06:37 PM
SADDLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i will start modding as soon as i get my car...

drew
Old 04-23-02, 07:14 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Nah, not that piece.... I didn't read over the post to see how funny it sounded.... I am in the middle of a tribal piece that my man Alex is going from "Skin Creations" on Westchester Ave. in the Bronx... I have my camera down here I'll take a pic...
Old 04-23-02, 07:22 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

It is no where nere finished.... Corners need to be filled on , lines need to be tightned and it all just needs to be completed.... When it is done it will look sick... TRUST... It goes on to my chest and onto my back too... When it is finally done (like 6 months) I'll show you guys the final product....
Attached Thumbnails The M.O.D.B.U.G.????-tatt.jpg  
Old 04-23-02, 07:24 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

OH an exhuse the scruff... I've been going through hards times and I have a grudge against my razor....
Old 04-23-02, 10:12 PM
jpmotdyn
Pole Position

I think it was like 5 days and i already had the Apex WS c/o kit and my work rezacs on........