GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

C Best Settings for 98 GS300

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-02, 04:12 PM
hubbard316
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C Best Settings for 98 GS300

I saw the post for the C best settings for the 2001-2002 GS 300, and I was wondering if there is a list of setting that someone might have for the 98 models. If so please post.
Old 04-23-02, 07:01 AM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here it is
Attached Files
File Type: txt
c-best.txt (10.2 KB, 881 views)
Old 04-23-02, 10:19 AM
enginyr
Banned

How can I adjust these settings. Extremely interested in disabling the auto telescoping features. Friends think I have a farm in my car.
Old 04-23-02, 10:28 AM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just had my unlock setting changed. Now when I press the unlock key once, all 4 doors open and the hazzards blink twice vs. only one time. Previously, hitting the unlock button would unlock only the drivers side and hazzards blink once.

I usually have a full load of passengers, so to unlock all door I had to click the button twice sometimes more just to unlock all the doors-really sucked. Passengers can be so impatient, that if the door is still locked, they will try 5 or more times almost ripping off the handle.

My next visit, I will have the c-best settings changed to increase the audible sound the car makes when the lock/unlock button is pressed.

Dealer takes care off changing all the settings, as it is done on a computer that hooks into the car.
Not something you can do yourself
Old 04-23-02, 06:39 PM
SADDLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is cool, where did you guys find that stuff at?

drew
Old 03-01-03, 04:52 PM
AggieLS
Pole Position

Default Hazard Lights C-BEST

Interesting development for my hazard lights today. I accidently seem to have turned off the blinking of the hazard lights when locking or unlocking the GS remotely. May have occurred when I held down the lock button on my key when I had a hand-full of dry cleaning and my front door opened, the buzzer sounded until I closed the door for about 20 seconds or so.

Anyone else experienced anything like this? Never had any changes to my C-BEST setting since I bought it in the fall of '97.
Old 03-02-03, 05:29 AM
AggieLS
Pole Position

Default C-BEST - More info

Well, seems it's not just the lights but now I can't even lock the doors. When I press the lock button I can hear the locks click twice and the doors don't stay locked. Guess it's a trip to the dealer for me.
Old 03-02-03, 09:36 AM
Stealther
Lead Lap

Are these owner-changeable features? If so, how is it done? I'd hate to have to go to a dealer just to change something.
Old 03-02-03, 10:51 AM
AggieLS
Pole Position

Default C-BEST

So far as I know they are dealer changes but what I described is the only activity I can think of to cause the change I experienced. I did find, using the board search engine, some info on door lock programming that I am going to try and do from an April 10 ,1998 Tech Svc bulletin.
Old 03-02-03, 05:20 PM
mikhailw
Rookie

How much dealer charges to program C-BEST features?
Old 03-03-03, 05:33 AM
AggieLS
Pole Position

Default Cost

No idea but I just scheduled service for Friday so I will remember to ask then and post response, unless someone posts first of course. My attempt at self repair fell short.

Last edited by AggieLS; 03-03-03 at 05:33 AM.
Old 03-03-03, 08:24 AM
duster
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Adjust Trunk Open Delay

Consider the trunk delay too. I changed the delay for opening the trunk. Now I press the button on the remote and the trunk opens (almost) instantaneously. I've never had a problem with the trunk opening due to an inadvertant press of the button.
Old 03-04-03, 05:44 AM
AggieLS
Pole Position

Default Trunk Delay

Good idea. I downloaded the entire list of option off the board here and am reviewing them to see what else to change when I go in on Friday. After chatting with service, they think it might be the drivers door lock needs some attention - it won't even lock using the rocker switch on the door.
Old 03-07-03, 10:33 AM
AggieLS
Pole Position

Just got back from the dealer this a.m. with a driver's door lock issue, got to get the actuator replaced since the driver's door won't lock electronically. So it wasn't a C-BEST issue at all. Did get them to adjust some of the settings for me while in the shop - no charge at all.

While there we discussed headlight moisture (on my passenger side), dulling of the polycarbonite lamp covers, and radio LED disappearing issues. With some minor negotiation, they are going to replace both headlights for me and will discuss the radio issue some more internally before deciding. I'll get it done during my service visit next week to replace the actuator once it arrives.

Last edited by AggieLS; 03-07-03 at 10:33 AM.
Old 03-09-03, 07:30 PM
GeeEssTray
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by AggieGS
Just got back from the dealer this a.m. with a driver's door lock issue, got to get the actuator replaced since the driver's door won't lock electronically. So it wasn't a C-BEST issue at all. Did get them to adjust some of the settings for me while in the shop - no charge at all.

While there we discussed headlight moisture (on my passenger side), dulling of the polycarbonite lamp covers, and radio LED disappearing issues. With some minor negotiation, they are going to replace both headlights for me and will discuss the radio issue some more internally before deciding. I'll get it done during my service visit next week to replace the actuator once it arrives.

AggieGS,

i've experienced a similar problem with my driver side door lock function. when i press the lock button on the key remote, it only locks the other three doors. i then have to use my key to manually lock the drivers side door. then to arm the anti-theft system, i press the lock button again.

when i'm in the car and press the interior door lock button located on the driver side door, it again locks all doors except the driver side door. to lock the driver side door, i have to manually press the driver side door lock orange-thingy.

REALLY ANNOYING.

i am assuming i also have the actuator problem - is this an expensive problem to fix?

Quick Reply: C Best Settings for 98 GS300