GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Door Dings :( (Ding Wizards??)

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-02, 09:16 AM
altaf
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took my car to a detail shop (Detail Authority) in my area which does paintless dent removal. I had about 8 dings on four different body panels on my Acura. When I got my car back, I couldn't tell where the dings used to be. The results were unbelievable. This place charges not by the number of dings, but by the number of body panels that have dings. Here's a link to their website which tells more about dent removal and pricing:

http://www.waxmycar.com/pdr.html
Old 04-25-02, 02:52 PM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

Now I've been trying to take up two spots everytime I park for class. It seems like it's working so far. No *** has squeezed in next to me yet so, i guess that's good

I called the local dent wizard guy and the minimum for a small dent is $99 he said. In my situation, there is one dent and another small *** one right on top of it. Not sure if he'll count that as one or two, but I guess I'll just have to negotiate. It's such a small dent, probably does not need fixing, but its just always there in the back of my mind I also just waxed my car today, so I always end up focusing on that one spot where the reflection isn't so linear

As for Dent Authority, I wanted to check them out but there's nobody in my area
Old 04-25-02, 03:31 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by brendanlim
Now I've been trying to take up two spots everytime I park for class. It seems like it's working so far. No *** has squeezed in next to me yet so, i guess that's good
I wouldn't do that if I were you! First, some *** IS eventually going to squeeze in next to you and inevitably ding you. And I have known people to intentionally ding/scratch/key cars that take up multiple spots because they think it's pompous and arrogant. You're screwed if you do and you're screwed if you don't! Sorry...
Old 04-30-02, 11:31 PM
concepts
Driver

When I first got my car, 100 miles...I parked it in my nice garage.

I had a bike rack (you know the ones that go from floor to ceiling and is held in by friction? That $200.00 bike rack????)

Well, I had my trek and my girl's bike on it. The bike's must have been jealous, because it fell that night...

a terrible morning, new car, bike rack that fell down and came crashing down on my driver's door. The weight of the bikes kept the rack motion!! (downward as it fell, 2 inch dent)

It actually SCRIBED a little deep fold into my driver's door.

I think was ACTUALLY TEARING when I saw that..

I drove it to Paintless Dent Wizard (the chain)...

they saw my new GS (when no one had it)

quoted me $180.00 (go figure)

gave them a hr, came back, like new...

Now--- that is amazing. I can understand dents, but how about FOLDS/CREASES in the paint. That is amazing.
Old 08-13-02, 12:56 PM
Wally
Driver

Default Dings/Rubs are painful

Sorry to hear about everyones troubles...If I had a different color scrape or abrasion that I knew came from the car next to me, I would proceed to keying the ***** out of every solid surface of that car next to me...I wouldn't stop until I had transcribed the entire preamble down to the metal...or better yet, wait till they came back and tattoo the preamble on their butt!!!!!

Notice it is always the morons driving the POS cars...Hyundai, Kia...67 Bonneville Station Wagon...

Walk quietly, carry a big can of whoop-***.

Mild mannered Wally.
Old 08-13-02, 01:33 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,260 Likes on 1,373 Posts

I just used Dent Wizard last week in Charlotte with great results. They do charge by the panel, and I had four panels each with a ding (all small). They'll definitely negotiate on prices after that first $99 ding. Perfect job, I can't tell where the dings are now except for one that also had some paint damage.

Brendan - I'd also encourage you not to take two spaces. I wouldn't key somebody for doing that, but it does come across as a jerk move, especially in parking lots where there aren't that many spaces. Since I drive rental cars a lot, I have a special treatment for people that park like that in crowded lots. I pull the rental in so that the mirrors are almost touching on the passenger side (driver side of other car) and NO one is getting out of my passenger side or into their drivers side. Crawl across, jerky. Key me if you want, the car is going back to Hertz later today. I know this is terribly childish behaviour, but the it gives me some perverted vigilante pleasure.
Old 08-13-02, 07:55 PM
LexusL
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tell me about i have so much dings on my car i'm soo mad, and rocks marks, i seen someking of ding remover thing on TV for like 40bucks, and1 try it or should i just go to the shop
Old 08-13-02, 09:30 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

I dont have any dings on the GS430, but they are all over the CLK. You cant see them so much, but they are all there.

I hate idiots who park in two spots. whenever someone does that, i key their car. DONT **** WITH ME, ITS ****ING ANNOYING. Some idiot in a ****ing Miata did that and i wanted to so badly, but he was right there.
Old 08-14-02, 08:28 AM
theanimala
Lead Lap

Toog4me, nice to hear that you key cars because they take up two spaces. Obviously driving a nice expensive car doesn't mean you have to be mature (or even law abiding).

I had some F'r ding my car at a local circuit city. Big *** pickup truck, I believe the mirror on his door did it. Creased the metal at the top of the door, right where the nature body crease is. Dent wizards said it might be tough to do because of the location and style, but they came through with flying colors. Best $125 I spent. I know you are a student, but personally I wouldn't waste so much time trying to save $20 or so. Get your car fixed, and get it done right. Your peace of mind is worth the $100.
Old 08-14-02, 12:04 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by theanimala
Toog4me, nice to hear that you key cars because they take up two spaces. Obviously driving a nice expensive car doesn't mean you have to be mature (or even law abiding).

I had some F'r ding my car at a local circuit city. Big *** pickup truck, I believe the mirror on his door did it. Creased the metal at the top of the door, right where the nature body crease is. Dent wizards said it might be tough to do because of the location and style, but they came through with flying colors. Best $125 I spent. I know you are a student, but personally I wouldn't waste so much time trying to save $20 or so. Get your car fixed, and get it done right. Your peace of mind is worth the $100.

I was really exagerating. Ive actually never keyed someones car. But the amount of temptation that goes on in my head really gives me a headache.
Old 08-14-02, 02:01 PM
theanimala
Lead Lap

Glad to hear that, and I agree, when people take up two spots it does **** me off as well. I guess it shouldn't matter, but half the time I notice that the cars taking up 2 spaces aren't even all that nice...