GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

How does your UAS ride?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-09, 10:08 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How does your UAS ride?

Well, I have the UAS kit installed. It rides like crap most of the time. I get ALOT of steering wheel vibration. Even when Im on the freeway, I can feel the tires vibrate like crazy. The only time It rides like a dream, is when Im on a street they just fixed. I dont know what pressure I ride at, as I havent yet purchased a digital controller. All I know is that Im on 20's, falken fk452-35. For the rear I lower it so that the rim is perfectly aligned to the fender, and for the front, I lower it just enough to fit my pinky finger. I am curios to see if thats the way air suspension is, or maybe its something else. I am running stock shocks btw.
Old 09-27-09, 11:13 PM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i haven't come across a uas that ride cherry yet in hawaii...regardless if is a diy or pro..yes i ride in them before i made this comment.
Old 09-28-09, 06:29 AM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Well, mine rides cherry but only one one street that is smooth like glass. Even when doing 60 on the freeway it wobbles alot!. I wonder if anybody hasa smooth ride on the freeway?
Old 09-28-09, 06:46 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

The uas kit is not gonna ride like a bellowed bag system. Myself and UAS spoke about the ride and they stated to me (in one of my topics) that their kit was made for performance thus creating the rough ride. These "bagovers" are suppose to be a bit stiffer to enhance handling and reduce float and body roll. also, what makes a huge difference are our small profiled tires. When I put my stockers on, feels like stock and I wish I could keep them on

Last edited by Mr Jokster; 09-28-09 at 06:49 AM.
Old 09-28-09, 06:49 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by EN_VY
Even when doing 60 on the freeway it wobbles alot!. I wonder if anybody hasa smooth ride on the freeway?
as for the wobble, I dont believe its the bag. I never had the wobble, but out of no where, I got it. I'm in the process of doing some bushing changing to hope thats the problem. I wrote a topic about the wobble, but got no response so now its up to me to just throw money away I'm starting with the steering bushings and see what happens. I've got the Daizen's already, just need to install them.
Old 09-28-09, 09:16 AM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

My UAS rides good I ride on stock struts with 100 PSI in the front bags and 88 PSI in the rear. But my stock struts are on their way out so I will be replacing with KYBs within the next week so that I can get down lower. You are probably riding with your bags improperly inflated.
Old 09-28-09, 12:51 PM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

My UAS setup had a really nice ride on stock shocks when I first got it, but now the struts are blown so it's pretty bouncy. I have some coilovers to replace them with that should make the ride a lot better again.
Old 09-28-09, 03:36 PM
phillygs3

My car rides too smooth and floaty, I will be swapping out the struts for coils soon . My problem is when I ride low I get too much rebound causing me to bottom out , no wobbles here. I think its all in the install , did you change out your strut bushings , did you shorten or remove the bump stops? I heard the car can ride like **** if you dont
Old 09-28-09, 11:25 PM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

just wondering those who said it ride smooth...have you try any other brands?

i rode in one uas with kyb ucf20 installed by the owner...another one uas with tein cs ucf30 that is already height adjusted to its "sweet spot" installed by a well known pro...both is still not as smooth as airrunner on the very same chassis...just wondering
Old 09-29-09, 12:29 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by REV-01
just wondering those who said it ride smooth...have you try any other brands?

i rode in one uas with kyb ucf20 installed by the owner...another one uas with tein cs ucf30 that is already height adjusted to its "sweet spot" installed by a well known pro...both is still not as smooth as airrunner on the very same chassis...just wondering
you cant compare this "bagover" bag with a sleeve bag like the air runner. As I said earlier about bellowed bags (I meant to say sleeve bag). A sleeve bag is all air so you ride smoother.
Old 09-29-09, 05:45 PM
/209JOHN\
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EN_VY
Well, I have the UAS kit installed. It rides like crap most of the time. I get ALOT of steering wheel vibration. Even when Im on the freeway, I can feel the tires vibrate like crazy. The only time It rides like a dream, is when Im on a street they just fixed. I dont know what pressure I ride at, as I havent yet purchased a digital controller. All I know is that Im on 20's, falken fk452-35. For the rear I lower it so that the rim is perfectly aligned to the fender, and for the front, I lower it just enough to fit my pinky finger. I am curios to see if thats the way air suspension is, or maybe its something else. I am running stock shocks btw.
Hey Envy,

It seems like many of your posts consists of air ride problems.. hehe. You are not alone.

That diy that toeb did was helpful. But , I had some problems when I first did my install. First of all there was no directions, I had leaks, I blew up a set of Kyb struts, my bags rubbed my steering knuckle and nearly created a hole. I was about to sell everything and go coilovers.

If your car shakes @ freeway speeds? Are you running the proper air pressure in your tires? Are wheels and tires balanced? The wobbling may be in the wheel and tire area. The wheel may be warped or a tire may be seperated or bald. Or you've got a suspension component that is loose.

Is your struts blown or leaking? Invest in new struts. It will improve ride quality. I picked Kyb because they cost less and they have a lifetime warranty. I already replaced a whole set under warranty, 100% free.

I also do not have an air controller. I'm probably one of the most primitave guys on this forumn. I use my eyes and a yardstick. I run about an 1" or 1 1/2" higher off the ground(you gotta have some room where your shocks can oscillate move up and down) and my car runs just fine. I plan to get the Easy Street ride controller soon. The ride is a lil' "floaty" but I am an Old man and I like it. It's rides smooth like a Caddy. I'm not a racer or an indy car driver, so there's no need for serious handling.

Currently, my GS runs just fine. It's aligned @ ride height and there's no problems.

Here's my cklist of things to do.

-dig air controller
-flip tires every 3k
-RCA kit front and rear

Last edited by /209JOHN\; 09-29-09 at 05:48 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-29-09, 08:26 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

my Ksport bags ride like coilovers.
Old 09-29-09, 08:47 PM
Rides Low
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah mine too!

PM me for quotes!
Old 09-29-09, 08:57 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

First off, let me thank everyone for their reply. I havent had a chance to log on so sorry. BAD NEWS for me today. As I was exiting the freeway, I start feeling my car wobbling like crazy. I flash my hazards and get down to inspect. To my surprise I see my right rear rim ripped off from brake, lug nuts and all. Im not sure what its called, but it ripped the things where you screw the lug nuts on. Luckily for me I only had 4 nuts screwed in, and I put my spare tire and drive home with only 1 lug nut @10mph. Its been about a month since Ive starting to drive this car air. I did not take it to get it aligned, so Im guessing thats the culprit, maybe? I feel frustrated, and I feel like going stock. Im pretty sure its going to be pricey to replace/fix that part. . Im going to start a new thread to see If I can get any input on that part
Old 09-29-09, 09:03 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by phillygs3
My car rides too smooth and floaty, I will be swapping out the struts for coils soon . My problem is when I ride low I get too much rebound causing me to bottom out , no wobbles here. I think its all in the install , did you change out your strut bushings , did you shorten or remove the bump stops? I heard the car can ride like **** if you dont
I kept my stock struts, and cut the bump stops in the rear in half.

Originally Posted by VIP-209
Hey Envy,

It seems like many of your posts consists of air ride problems.. hehe. You are not alone.

That diy that toeb did was helpful. But , I had some problems when I first did my install. First of all there was no directions, I had leaks, I blew up a set of Kyb struts, my bags rubbed my steering knuckle and nearly created a hole. I was about to sell everything and go coilovers.

If your car shakes @ freeway speeds? Are you running the proper air pressure in your tires? Are wheels and tires balanced? The wobbling may be in the wheel and tire area. The wheel may be warped or a tire may be seperated or bald. Or you've got a suspension component that is loose.

Is your struts blown or leaking? Invest in new struts. It will improve ride quality. I picked Kyb because they cost less and they have a lifetime warranty. I already replaced a whole set under warranty, 100% free.

I also do not have an air controller. I'm probably one of the most primitave guys on this forumn. I use my eyes and a yardstick. I run about an 1" or 1 1/2" higher off the ground(you gotta have some room where your shocks can oscillate move up and down) and my car runs just fine. I plan to get the Easy Street ride controller soon. The ride is a lil' "floaty" but I am an Old man and I like it. It's rides smooth like a Caddy. I'm not a racer or an indy car driver, so there's no need for serious handling.

Currently, my GS runs just fine. It's aligned @ ride height and there's no problems.

Here's my cklist of things to do.

-dig air controller
-flip tires every 3k
-RCA kit front and rear
Well, my tires arent balanced or aligned, I did that months ago How would I know my struts are bad? The set of tires I was runing have about 600 miles on them, although since my accident today, I realized they are balding

This post is supposed to go above the one above

Quick Reply: How does your UAS ride?