GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Anyone adjusted ride height sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-09, 11:37 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 111 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Anyone adjusted ride height sensor?

Has anyone attempted to adjust the ride height sensor and got a good light position out of it? TIA.
Old 10-11-09, 11:19 AM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

bump . . . . .
Old 10-11-09, 01:02 PM
NIXmx
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are your headlights out of alignment? IF so I would take that to someone who can correctly set the level by using a optical beam setter or similar machine.

Or are you trying to get more light on the road from oem settings? If so I don't think you can. Better bulbs?
Old 10-11-09, 04:34 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

I am trying to get more light on the road. I'm using OSRAM 4300k. Got them less than a year. Before I had Philips 4300k but I think OSRAM is more brighter in comparison. I did adjusted the headlights by turning the screws and using the bubble as a reference. But for some reason why, adjusting them didn't really made a difference. Also, my left headlight is higher than the right. So, I'm planning to adjust the ride height sensor, so I could aim it down a little because it seems high.
Old 10-11-09, 09:00 PM
NIXmx
Driver

i don't think that has to do with the height sensor. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but both headlights would be at the same level with different weight loads. I say this because the height sensors are only on one side on the car. Like a 2 channel system, front and rear height.

I had a similar problem a few times. My driver side (usa) headlight was a bit higher than the passenger side. I turned the car off and started it again and the problem went away. Do both headlights do the self test when you turn them on? I'm talking about the dip down and leveling of the beams.
Old 10-12-09, 01:01 AM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

It's always higher than the right side no matter what. The car is stock. Nothing but me inside. I don't think my lights dip down when turning on, on the "ON" position. Never tried in "Auto" yet. But my lights does adjust on slopes and hill.

How do you reset it anyways?
Old 10-12-09, 01:44 AM
NIXmx
Driver

I don't know how to reset them. Both volumes of the FSM are on my holiday list for myself (and you guys in PDF form ). When you turn your headlights on they should dip down for about 1.5 seconds, then return to normal height.
Old 10-12-09, 07:49 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Are you talking about on "ON" or "AUTO" mode? I think mines is not doing it.
Old 10-13-09, 01:26 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
I think mines is not doing it.
then do u have auto levelers? are they working?
Old 10-13-09, 10:37 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

I'm pretty sure all GS430 got auto-levelers. Since they do have HIDS. But I am going to adjust the ride height sensor and keep you guys posted of the result. I'm just posting to see if anyone has done it yet.

A quick story... I attempted to adjust the vertical and the horizontal from the front for my headlights. I cannot get them to put more light on the road. The horizontal aim is centered. The vertical, I did mess around with it, as I try putting it higher and lower but still no difference. I don't know has the car been into an accident before or not. Although the front bumper is repainted. Could be just because of rock chips who knows. As I searched this forum, no one has this problem like I do. I researched about auto-leveling sensors. And people say it should dip down and fly up when lights are on. I don't on auto mode or on mode. So I tried it and it didn't move at all. So I asked how do you reset them? And no ever answered. So, now here I am thinking I should adjust the ride height sensor, which controls the aim position of the auto levelers. So I will attempt this and share to all since it hasn't been mention yet from what I couldn't find. Thanks for reading.
Old 10-15-09, 10:22 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

I'm pretty sure all GS430 got auto-levelers. Since they do have HIDS. But I am going to adjust the ride height sensor and keep you guys posted of the result. I'm just posting to see if anyone has done it yet.

A quick story... I attempted to adjust the vertical and the horizontal from the front for my headlights. I cannot get them to put more light on the road. The horizontal aim is centered. The vertical, I did mess around with it, as I try putting it higher and lower but still no difference. I don't know has the car been into an accident before or not. Although the front bumper is repainted. Could be just because of rock chips who knows. As I searched this forum, no one has this problem like I do. I researched about auto-leveling sensors. And people say it should dip down and fly up when lights are on. I don't on auto mode or on mode. So I tried it and it didn't move at all. So I asked how do you reset them? And no ever answered. So, now here I am thinking I should adjust the ride height sensor, which controls the aim position of the auto levelers. So I will attempt this and share to all since it hasn't been mention yet from what I couldn't find. Thanks for reading.
forgot u had a gs430 thought u had a gs400. can u visually see levelers working btw?

i actually have the same problem as you....or a similar problem i think

my left one sits lower than my right. my levelers work when i start the car they go up and down and then the right seems to be in the right place but i think left is lower than normal (i think i was told lexus aims the drivers light lower so not to blind incoming traffic)

i been meaning to adjust it but i guess i'll see what happens with yours
Old 10-15-09, 11:47 AM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Do you get decent bright view on the road at night? My situation is the left is higher instead of the right. Try adjusting your headlight by turning the screw for the vertical if it makes adifference.
Old 10-15-09, 11:59 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Do you get decent bright view on the road at night? My situation is the left is higher instead of the right. Try adjusting your headlight by turning the screw for the vertical if it makes adifference.
i do when my high beams are on lol. i know i need to...i even brought the print out from the post on here up to work to do it but im being lazy today
Old 10-15-09, 12:36 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Adjust the fronts first. If no difference then do the height sensor
Old 10-15-09, 02:01 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Adjust the fronts first. If no difference then do the height sensor
well, i'll try to get to it tomorrow. i ran outta time today at work

Quick Reply: Anyone adjusted ride height sensor?