GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

400/430 diy (cheap a$$) cai.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-09, 02:35 PM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by speedaddic
ghetto....

Reminds me of the hands free cellular rubberband mod:

haqhahhahhahahahhaha lmfao!!!
Old 10-12-09, 04:24 PM
3UZFTE
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I welcome any constructive criticism, I don't care if people leave ideas, opinions, etc., that is why I did it, otherwise I would have, and should have kept it to myself. Sorry for trying to generate some ideas other than shelling out money for something that can be done with a little ingenuity. In due time... until then.
Old 10-12-09, 04:26 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol wow just wow were you consuming mass amounts of beer while watching football and contemplating up this mod ??
Old 10-12-09, 04:54 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Really though...its not a bad idea. With a little marketing and nice packaging...it may work!

I'm just joking. Its nice to see people thinking outside the box, but I'm sorry, that's just too ghetto for most. You'd benefit more with a drop in filter.
Old 10-12-09, 05:02 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Really though...its not a bad idea. With a little marketing and nice packaging...it may work!

I'm just joking. Its nice to see people thinking outside the box, but I'm sorry, that's just too ghetto for most. You'd benefit more with a drop in filter.
rofl
Old 10-12-09, 05:48 PM
McKrevice
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 3UZFTE
I welcome any constructive criticism, I don't care if people leave ideas, opinions, etc., that is why I did it, otherwise I would have, and should have kept it to myself. Sorry for trying to generate some ideas other than shelling out money for something that can be done with a little ingenuity. In due time... until then.
That was not flaming, this site is about the most passive I have ever seen.

You want to see flaming? Post this on www.tcstangs.com or www.mustangworld.com.
Old 10-12-09, 06:03 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

LOL. That is funny as hell.. WOW!
Old 10-12-09, 06:07 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sakataj
yeah i def wont be doing this.....

its DEF FTL
Then why even post in here?
How else is he going to get 4000+ post in a year

Old 10-13-09, 03:38 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I doubt your getting any gains, more then likely just a nice intake sound..

Kinda ghetto, but i'm not hating i'm sure it's not hurting anything, just getting your filter dirty faster, no biggie..

I just popped a K&N in trying to keep it simple, i thought about modding my stock airbox but i don't really want to cut it all up, and it already does have a air inlet for the front grill.
Old 10-13-09, 11:03 AM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I know, screw paying for Tylenol, I'm just going to grind up some chalk and then coat it in silicone, it will be exactly the same and most important FREE!
Old 10-13-09, 01:14 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Can I have a little fun with MY OWN CAR?!?!
of course u can man. im not harping on you....u apparently cant read. i said I WOULDNT EVER DO THIS, NOT ONCE DID I EVER TELL YOU OR ANYONE ELSE NOT TO. i said i wouldnt do it. not once did i harp on you. i wouldnt do it for several reasons.

1) im not 19 with my fathers hand me down lexus.....and im not gonna treat it like my honda civic when i was 16. its a lexus....how cool does a lexus look when you pop open the hood and theres a rubber band holding a airfilter up!

i mean how cool is it to rush home and show your buddy "hey dude check this out....BAM...MY RUBBER BANDED airfilter. SOOOOOOOO GANGSTA!

2)Its not gonna provide any performance as the OEM airbox is fairly well designed in fact you'll be lucky if you dont get more stuff in the filter thus decreasing performance

3)others but im not trying to start a argument just defending my statement

Originally Posted by pizdets17
"it pisses me off that there are so many people that have opinions on other peoples rides"

What would be the point in posting all this if you didn't want opinions? You could also cut off the mufflers to get growly sound, but just because its FREE doesn't make it a good idea. Its your car, do what you want, but how you expect people not to comment when you go out of your way to post pictures of this nonsense mod I am not sure..
EXACTLY....if u didnt want people to discuss negatives on this then maybe you shouldnt have posted it

while your at it, hollow out your catalytic convertor, chop hyour springs and get a 4" exhaust can

Ghetto....

reminds me of the hands free cellular rubberband mod:

hillarious

apparantally u dont welcome any constructive critisism as im being harped on

thats y i have a drop in filter

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
How else is he going to get 4000+ post in a year
honestly u can just blow me

Originally Posted by aka paco
I doubt your getting any gains, more then likely just a nice intake sound..

Kinda ghetto, but i'm not hating i'm sure it's not hurting anything, just getting your filter dirty faster, no biggie..

I just popped a K&N in trying to keep it simple, i thought about modding my stock airbox but i don't really want to cut it all up, and it already does have a air inlet for the front grill.
Old 10-20-09, 07:57 PM
NIXmx
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saw this, thought of this thread. It's controlled anarchy.
http://www.blitzpowerusa.com/product...tioncover.html
Old 10-21-09, 10:49 AM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Get out your Credit Card out and splurge on a black rubber band. That will fix it.
Old 10-21-09, 12:05 PM
3UZFTE
Instructor

Ha, even I got a laugh out of this thread. I am not sure what I was on about, but I sure didn't mean to **** anyone off. I really never even had to worry a bout the rubber band as I ended up using a silicone bead around the air filter housing and never worried about it, the rubber band was just for cheap insurance.
Old 10-21-09, 12:15 PM
3UZFTE
Instructor

Originally Posted by sakataj
1) im not 19 with my fathers hand me down lexus.....and im not gonna treat it like my honda civic when i was 16. its a lexus....how cool does a lexus look when you pop open the hood and theres a rubber band holding a airfilter up!
I am not 19 either bro, I am 23, so if your going to accuse, get your facts straight first. My parents didn't hand me my Lexus, nor did they buy me my ****. I paid $13.9k for it with 89k, from a 19 year old kid in Woodbury, MN. I pay a little less than $1k in insurance every 6 months. I am manager at a local IT company and a full time student in business school. After receiving my 2 year associates degree in auto service, specializing in Toyota, I decided I wanted to make more money than just having to fill my tank. I only bought the car because he was dreading the 90k. I honestly love the car, so I bought the car, did the service and now I have put almost 50k miles on it. I dont own, but also invest in 3 other cars. A LS400 I rebuilt, a 64' Ford Falcon with a 5.0 V8, and a 62' Vette, so it's not like I'm rolling in the dough, I'm jsut spread all sorts of ways, and am not one to just shell out $300 for something that could possibly be made for a little cheaper. Anything else?

Quick Reply: 400/430 diy (cheap a$$) cai.....