GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

vc26708

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-09, 07:09 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by LudeNsoL
if u wanna sell ur curtains let me know>>>>>>>>...
NEVER I will not be controlled by the law. <-- thumbs down is to dumb laws

I'm in the process of looking for a job out of state that welcomes tinted windows and all the un welcomed laws of California cant wait to not deal with them anymore...
Old 10-15-09, 07:35 PM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude...that frigging bloze. Where did this happen exactly?
Old 10-15-09, 08:09 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TWong1200
Dude...that frigging bloze. Where did this happen exactly?
Fresno, Ca At our "Riverpark" area. At the Edwards Cinemas

On a side note, I was texting my boi during the indecent and he said in Modesto they will leave tickets on parked cars for not having license plates on front! Same guy took a picture at their mall with 4 cops on bikes hiding behind mall sign while one clocks cars on radar and the next picture he took was about 300 ft ahead with 2 bike cops with cars pulled over now THATS shady. Cities in Cali need money man!!! $25 per violation instead of per ticket sucks as s man!
Old 12-17-09, 04:42 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Just for reference... I found out that it IS outside police jurisdiction to give tickets in parking lots (unless it has to do with drunk driving and such) so bring it up to one if they pull you over. But as the officer I asked said, "it the officer wants to be a dick and follow you out..." (greatest line to hear from an officer) but yea, remember folx here in Cali (at least) no tickets in parking lots
Old 12-17-09, 07:34 AM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sucks about all those tickets..i didnt know they can ticket b/c of the curtains..
Old 12-17-09, 11:26 AM
fro20
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may try to fight the curtain one. When your parked you can have neon going and all sorts of shizzle. anything you want basically, but when you are moving it has to be turned off or gone. There is no way they can prove you intended on driving with the curtains on. Its like having a meet in the parking lot, somep people have strobes and all sorts of illegal lights. if a cop rolled in on that they could have a field day if they could prove you were driving that way.

Oh and for the front plate, the verbage in the cali law states that if you were issued 2 plates you must display them. Meaning that some people may have only been issued one. My bud only had one issued cuz they screwed up.

Just some info.
Old 12-17-09, 02:20 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

actually because I was in a parking lot I got the whole thing dropped! when you go to court they first find out what the reason for pulling you over for, if theres no constitute, then whatever they get you for after the fact is automatically unadmisable. My argument wasnt about what I got a ticket for cause it all had presidence, it was the fact that the ticket was given illegally!

in addition, if you get pulled over its best to ask why you got pulled over for RIGHT AWAY cause if it was just a harassment stop (like a lot of us get) then they are gonna pull you over and FIND something. That goes with what I said above. Say they pull you over for nothing and for some reason you find out that you dont have insurance or suspended license, well if they had no reason to pull you over and they give you a ticket for no license, then that WILL be thrown out. I know that for a fact cause it happened to me. An officer has to have a reasonable doubt to pull you over, with out that anything that comes after that will not stand even drug charges (in some cases) its in a sense kinda like searching your home or car without a warrant or permission. and thats how it ties in to the whole parking lot ticket thing, they have to have permission from the owners of that property to pull you over. ok I'm rambling, but those are some findings

again, I cant stress enough to ask as an officer walks up to your window, "why am I getting pulled over" (unless you know exactly why you are ) we have the constitutional right to ask (just dont be a jerk about it)

ok done.