GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

interior led lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-09, 11:46 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4_CS
Ill try to get pictures up of what I changed, but over winter im going to try to get my gauges from green to white and also the lights by the tape deck to white. I had no idea v-leds had the t3 bulbs..I guess if these ever go bad ill switch over to theirs and try them out. ^your saying they are brighter than wardens on ebay?
yeah they carry t1-t5 bulbs and yes they are brighter, i think i took comparison pics. i just need to upload them

Originally Posted by feras430
thanks gs4, that was helpfull,i just sent them an email to ask them which type do we need,i'll post it when i got the answer, but one more thing how about the bulbs under the navi i mean the bulbs for the radio is it the same or diff and how many are they?
they are def different, they soldered in

If you have navi and are refering to the bulbs around the tape deck area, they are not the same. They are very tiny leds that need to be soldered in and I have not attempted to do so, but I think im going to try to find someone to do it for me.
i had a spare nav and i was hoping to change out the bulbs. when i opened mine, i noticed bulbs were soldered so im wondering which bulbs you actually changed. your pics would be great
Old 10-27-09, 10:05 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Did those which im pretty sure are t3's, but I still need to do the four below that which look like this

and here are the other ones

I took out my mirror switch the other day and I noticed that it also has a replaceable bulb which appears to be a t3. Im going to pull my door panels off and see if all the door/window switches have removable bulbs as well.
Old 10-28-09, 12:57 AM
a#'z
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a great diy, thanks a lot. imma change mines to LED myself
Old 10-28-09, 11:20 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Did those which im pretty sure are t3's, but I still need to do the four below that which look like this

and here are the other ones

I took out my mirror switch the other day and I noticed that it also has a replaceable bulb which appears to be a t3. Im going to pull my door panels off and see if all the door/window switches have removable bulbs as well.
where did u get your led's? the tape player are soldered in so i assumed the nav was to, guess i shoulda checked both.
Old 10-28-09, 03:40 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

I got mine from warden on ebay, but I think my next few will be from v-leds. I think with just about any led its hit or miss. One of mine from warden flickers from time to time and one of my drl led's from v-leds is sometimes dim.
Old 10-28-09, 05:53 PM
2jzism
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
where did u get your led's? the tape player are soldered in so i assumed the nav was to, guess i shoulda checked both.
The green based bulbs are called "NEO WEDGE" bulbs. I got mine HERE and HERE
Old 10-28-09, 06:12 PM
LudeNsoL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just ordered some from V-LEDS..... Hopefully I ordered enough.
Old 10-28-09, 08:01 PM
a#'z
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know how to change the climate bulbs, the one when you click on it, (the green ones) not the t3's, but the ones u click on...
Old 10-29-09, 09:15 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

I got mine from warden on ebay, but I think my next few will be from v-leds. I think with just about any led its hit or miss. One of mine from warden flickers from time to time and one of my drl led's from v-leds is sometimes dim.
yeah i dont care for wardens bulbs after using some. i bought his t3's t4's and t5's and they are all dim. but one of my v-led bulbs in my center console went out last night so AGAIN i have pulled my center console. i have one bulb in my license plate that KEEPS dying from v-led so now i have purchased some of these

(they are JDM altezza or is300 license plate lights and come with 3 leds per side, just hope they bright enough for me)

Originally Posted by 2jzism
The green based bulbs are called "NEO WEDGE" bulbs. I got mine HERE and HERE
also called t-3 or t-4 bulbs would have to see the bottom to see which one it is. any pics of how bright yours are?

Originally Posted by LudeNsoL
Just ordered some from V-LEDS..... Hopefully I ordered enough.
can always order more if needed

Originally Posted by a#'z
Does anyone know how to change the climate bulbs, the one when you click on it, (the green ones) not the t3's, but the ones u click on...
think those are t-3 bulbs actually again would need to see the bottom of them
Old 10-29-09, 09:31 AM
LudeNsoL
Lexus Test Driver

nice license plate idea i want to make my plate brighter 2
Old 10-29-09, 09:47 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LudeNsoL
nice license plate idea i want to make my plate brighter 2
thanks but actually got the idea when i met tony in Atlanta, he has them already
i have gone through 4 different sets and none bright enough for me. so chado (while he's in japan) is picking me up a set. u can probably get him to get you one....he's leaving in a few days
Old 10-29-09, 01:46 PM
LudeNsoL
Lexus Test Driver

na thanks i was probaly going to just get some cold cathode tubes
Old 11-04-09, 04:42 PM
LudeNsoL
Lexus Test Driver

okay just did the climate and it came out nice... the climate control is 7-8 t4 bulbs...
Old 11-04-09, 06:22 PM
LudeNsoL
Lexus Test Driver

okay i did the radio display and came out real good. now i have a question i tried taking the whole board where the buttons are. but it won't come out. how do i take it out. i already did the screen now all i need to do is the buttons on the radio. thanks...
Old 11-04-09, 07:22 PM
KingNasGS4
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

okay Ive been wondering this for the longest...

I did this on my Old LS and was wondering if the process is as easy on the GS as it was on my LS.... they seem to use the same twist lock bulbs

THIS is the procedure I used... well atleast the bulbs and the type.

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/light...klighting.html

SOOOO I wanted to know IF its as simple as twisting out and twisting in some bulbs like it was for the LS

I honestly can tell you, I am not all for this soldering and getting resistors and ETC that a lot of these other guys do to get super bright climate controls.

Im also not trying to change the LED's on the button controls either... just the back lighting...

Ive been wanting to know this for THE longest.

Quick Reply: interior led lights