GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Rice or not? Putting on "SUPERCHARGED" emblem

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-02, 01:50 AM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about a plate with "GAME OVR"

Last edited by LOTC; 05-01-02 at 01:50 AM.
Old 05-01-02, 02:44 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Due to the black backing on that supercharged emblem, I would consider that a cheesy purchase. If I badged your car, it would be with a SWIFT wordmark in place of LEXUS, maybe even something like GS400 SRT. I definitely wouldn't buy the cheeseball emblem off that page. That belongs on a Ford! And I am of the firm belief that flashy plates only belong on 12-second or faster cars. My two cents.
Old 05-01-02, 03:52 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by manaray
Hmmm....I'm going to put a little "TOM'S" emblem on my car (REALLY little...the same one that Steve had on his Supra...did you see it? Exactly...) only because I support TOM'S. Most people won't even know WTF that is...

Dunno about the "supercharger" sticker though...when I get my GS430 Supercharged, I'm thinking about putting a GS300 emblem on it...

Why overly advertise? Feeling insecure?
LOL, that would be funny, a supercharged GS430 with GS300 badges.
Than you should ask people to race you for money, LOL!!
Old 05-01-02, 05:16 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by fever
Here's what you do: take the "Lexus" and "GS 400" emblems off, leaving the Lexus logo affixed in the center. ......get yourself a personalized license plate that says "SLEEPY".
Mmmm, I like that. Good call fever

IMHO, I think any additional badging other than OEM is potential for the riceometer to blip a little.

TOMs, LTuned, and a ClubLexus sticker, OK, I'll give that.

How many POSs out their you see with extra badging, usually crooked, fake, wannabe, etc.

Keep it cleeeean, and "sleep" well.
Old 05-01-02, 07:47 AM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I am still going to keep it as the ultimate sleeper, so I won't put it on. But by mid-May, hopefully, I'll be able to put VIPER KLR on my tags! LOL Oh, the wait! the WAIT!!!! I just hate waiting!!! LOL

Lee
~ the dragon is sleeping.....
Old 05-01-02, 09:12 AM
RacingAristo

If my car is indeed supercharged, I guess I wouldn't mind to put a sticker on it (but not prefer).

I'd like to see the face of the guy who has the "supercharged" sticker with NA engine when he's asked to open the hood.
Old 05-01-02, 09:54 AM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default SUPERMAN

Shaq's car's have the superman "S" on each of his car?
I doubt that makes his car rice.

Customized logos don't make it rice.
Customized logos claiming you got something that it doesn't
I.E. "supercharged" is RICE.

I got "limited" badges from the toyota soarer on my sc400.
w/the custom stuff in the car, "limited" is not much of a stretch.

And besides I could care less whether others thought it was or not.

Just gotta do what you do.
Old 05-01-02, 10:56 AM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Richie

LOL, that would be funny, a supercharged GS430 with GS300 badges.
Than you should ask people to race you for money, LOL!!
I don't get this and I don't get the whole street sleeper thing....You have 19 chrome wheels, and carbon fiber hoods, and body kits, etc...you want people to look at you! Hell you drive a GS! Plus no one wants to race a GS....It's a luxary car.....so what if one day in 1000 he meet a guy in a 540 who wants a go....If you want a real street sleeper go with a 70's NOVA or some other crapper car to start and put in a big motor....

I wouldn't put THAT badge on, (it's from a supercharged Grand AM) but I like the GS400SC Idea........

I mean come on guys, your not hiding anything from any one...it's pretty obvious you got some mods, major ones at that.....
Old 05-01-02, 11:28 AM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

I don't know about the statement "No one wants to race a GS". I have all types of cars trying me, everyday, be it sports cars, luxury cars, modded cars, etc. Everytime I clean/wax my car, for some reason, everyone and their mother wants to race/cut in front of/ speed by my GS. But back to your post, just having a modded GS makes it a sleeper. Say you are driving a C5 (or a Camaro SS if you want to use a real example), and you come up next to my car. Now from first glance, you would see my luxury car with some heavy *** chrome wheels, lowered, and an exhaust Would you expect my car to smoke your car? No. And when you ball out to show me the "real" performance of your car (and this happens ALL the time to me, with guys in sports cars). Would you expect me to blow by you? No. But thats what would happen. Plus once you add a supercharger, and get up there in performance, and yet keep the luxury appeal. Your car becomes an EXOTIC, instead of a luxury car! A true sports sedan at its finest. IMHO

Lee

Last edited by LexCiting; 05-01-02 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-01-02, 01:25 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by LexCiting
I don't know about the statement "No one wants to race a GS". I have all types of cars trying me, everyday, be it sports cars, luxury cars, modded cars, etc. Everytime I clean/wax my car, for some reason, everyone and their mother wants to race/cut in front of/ speed by my GS. But back to your post, just having a modded GS makes it a sleeper. Say you are driving a C5 (or a Camaro SS if you want to use a real example), and you come up next to my car. Now from first glance, you would see my luxury car with some heavy *** chrome wheels, lowered, and an exhaust Would you expect my car to smoke your car? No. And when you ball out to show me the "real" performance of your car (and this happens ALL the time to me, with guys in sports cars). Would you expect me to blow by you? No. But thats what would happen. Plus once you add a supercharger, and get up there in performance, and yet keep the luxury appeal. Your car becomes an EXOTIC, instead of a luxury car! A true sports sedan at its finest. IMHO

Lee

Agree
Old 05-01-02, 01:53 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

how about you take away all the emblems except for the L badging, now go get some kompressor badging and put them on your front fender, kinda like the Blitz SC430, I think that would look nicer than supercharged
Old 05-01-02, 02:59 PM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Maybe people just don't race each other randomly up here...hmmm...never happened to me atleast in the GS....I mean it weighs like 4000 pounds...you supercharged 400 guys...you run what, high 13's?...
Old 05-01-02, 04:28 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

you supercharged 400 guys...you run what, high 13's?...

actaully non supercharged GS400 run high 13's with a few mods just ask mean gene I think he ran a 13.7 on a NA gs400, Im pretty sure that if you have a supercharged GS400 stage 2 or above they would be running in the mid to high 12's and with a satge 2.5 it would be pretty close to low 12's now a stage three is ganna be breaking in the high 11's to real low 12's
Old 05-01-02, 06:15 PM
garnet92
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Decisions

This has been an interesting thread – it points out how different the views are and the “reasoning” behind them – that’s diversity!

Personally, I wouldn’t put “supercharger” on mine (if I had one) but I do like the idea of adding the “S” behind the GS400. Just enough to confuse someone that thinks he knows the GS – “ A GS400S … WTF”?????

I’d vote with the stealth crowd. But I still wouldn’t consider it “rice” if you chose to wear a tasteful “supercharged” badge, after all – you’ve got one.
Old 05-01-02, 07:32 PM
Ag02M5
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: SUPERMAN

Originally posted by Anthracite SC
Shaq's car's have the superman "S" on each of his car?
I doubt that makes his car rice.

Customized logos don't make it rice.
Customized logos claiming you got something that it doesn't
I.E. "supercharged" is RICE.

I got "limited" badges from the toyota soarer on my sc400.
w/the custom stuff in the car, "limited" is not much of a stretch.

And besides I could care less whether others thought it was or not.

Just gotta do what you do.
1. Shaq is a professional athlete and 7" tall...who is going to say it is rice...even though I think it is...shhhhh!

2. I bet the emblem cost a sweet dime...not some stupid chrome plastic piece jacked off some other car...those are really custom.

Quick Reply: Rice or not? Putting on "SUPERCHARGED" emblem