GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

"Working for the Man"

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-09, 06:42 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "Working for the Man"

So last night while browsing through the cable menu guide I came across a show called "Repossessed" with a Lexus GS being mentioned in the description. I've seen this show before but not this particular episode. This is a new series and judging by the background it was prolly taped late last winter. So I turn to it and sure enough in there it was. It was clean millennium silver 2GS which looked bone stock sitting in a little lot in my old neighborhood in Brooklyn right by the "J" train. So the repo man claims he has been looking for the car for like over a year. I don't know if that's true or not. They came all the way out of Jersey into Brooklyn to find the car and tow it. It took some extra help and muscle but they finally ended up leaving with the car happy and all. The car didn't look good bouncing up & down while being towed back to Jersey. It must have some scraping underneath the front bumper now. I ended up watching the entire show and saw tactics these repo guys use to get these cars. For anyone interested in seeing it's airing again this Sunday at 5pm EST so program your dvr and tivo if you can't catch it.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...w#tab-Overview
Attached Thumbnails &quot;Working for the Man&quot;-the-man.jpg  
Old 10-29-09, 07:25 AM
frantinez
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the post - I'm gonna check it out.

Eric
Old 10-29-09, 07:45 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

WAY to many of these types of shows nowadays. everyone is blaming it on the economy but i say blame it on the retard buying a 80k car and only making 40k that and just not making payments
Old 10-29-09, 09:08 AM
JoelGs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sakataj
WAY to many of these types of shows nowadays. everyone is blaming it on the economy but i say blame it on the retard buying a 80k car and only making 40k that and just not making payments
For some they just want to showed off their new toy or toys, but then later
they couldn't afford to keep them..At the end they blame economy for messing up their life style..what a looser!!!
Old 10-29-09, 03:39 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frantinez
Thanks for the post - I'm gonna check it out.

Eric
Sure no problem; enjoy!

Originally Posted by sakataj
Originally Posted by JoelGs
For some they just want to showed off their new toy or toys, but then later
they couldn't afford to keep them..At the end they blame economy for messing up their life style..what a looser!!!
Both of you guys comments are completely valid but the current state of the economy has something to do with it as well. Loss of job means loss of vehicle and for some folks, loss of home. Still, very agreeable points fellas. Apparently one guy was 7 months behind and the Lexus dude has been on the list for over a year.

On another note, the Nat Geo channel has been airing some great shows on the production process of cars such as Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini just to name a few. It was discussed over in the car chat forums recently.
Old 10-29-09, 03:49 PM
7DOOBIE7
Pole Position

i also saw this episode last night.. The under side looked a lil rusty especially by the tail pipes which i guess is common in snowy winter areas. that sucks.. I live in a dry desert area in California so it may snow once a year but only be around for a day or two. Gotta love this weather. I guess that's why our taxes are the highest in the country..Winter wheels? what are those?
Old 10-31-09, 08:41 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by MrG4Life
Sure no problem; enjoy!

Both of you guys comments are completely valid but the current state of the economy has something to do with it as well. Loss of job means loss of vehicle and for some folks, loss of home. Still, very agreeable points fellas. Apparently one guy was 7 months behind and the Lexus dude has been on the list for over a year.

On another note, the Nat Geo channel has been airing some great shows on the production process of cars such as Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini just to name a few. It was discussed over in the car chat forums recently.

i fully understand that BUT i believe in the motto if you cant pay for it, DONT buy it. i think im gonna soon switch to if you cant pay for it in CASH dont buy it as im almost done with my C.C.'s yeah