GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Slowly but surely I'm putting in work(pics, tell me what you think)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-09, 08:15 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice start
Old 11-16-09, 11:31 PM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Debonair
Nice ride. I love everything but the taillights.
Originally Posted by BP_VVt-i
geez....most people like the taillights, wats wrong wit em?
cant pls everyone
Nothing wrong with them. They just don't look good to me. I like the contrast of bright red against the cars color. Having them tinted dark serves no functional purpose. Not even full on race cars black out their tail lights.

Don't get me wrong - your car looks sick and the tinted tails fit the theme perfect. As long as you like'em - rock'em.

Old 11-17-09, 12:52 AM
austin7891
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Props, looks fugitive same black/shadow look iam going for in the gs4 no chrome handles on my doors just black tint and leather for the *****s. ok austin7891, shhhhh. im from PA bro it would be cool to meet up for pictures or something man....i see GS' here but not modifiers. how did you paint the front chrome?

IMO - city lights are wicked, what did you use (prolly said it but i didnt see)
need led sidemarkers or if theyre smoked no bulbs.
dark tails is nice
rims are clean how did you paint and if you say rattle can, PM your number i want help haha
front grill is nice i painted mine too
Old 11-17-09, 03:50 PM
BP_VVt-i
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Debonair
Nothing wrong with them. They just don't look good to me. I like the contrast of bright red against the cars color. Having them tinted dark serves no functional purpose. Not even full on race cars black out their tail lights.

Don't get me wrong - your car looks sick and the tinted tails fit the theme perfect. As long as you like'em - rock'em.

ok thanks.

Originally Posted by austin7891
Props, looks fugitive same black/shadow look iam going for in the gs4 no chrome handles on my doors just black tint and leather for the *****s. ok austin7891, shhhhh. im from PA bro it would be cool to meet up for pictures or something man....i see GS' here but not modifiers. how did you paint the front chrome?

IMO - city lights are wicked, what did you use (prolly said it but i didnt see)
need led sidemarkers or if theyre smoked no bulbs.
dark tails is nice
rims are clean how did you paint and if you say rattle can, PM your number i want help haha
front grill is nice i painted mine too
If ur talking bout the chrome on the grill i had taped it off so the chrome was never painted. the city lights are LEDs from eBay. n yes i do need LEDs for those side markers i hate that yellow look they giv off and the wheels were def "rattle can" but its more in depth than jus that. i kinda messed em up one day n rushed a repaint so they dont look as fresh in person but im redoing em after the winter.
Old 11-17-09, 04:28 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks nice so far. I would shave the OEM rear wing and get new wheels. But the blacked out G35 wheels aren't that bad.

Why is your gas cap gray? Did you do that on purpose? It'll look much better on coils. I like the blacked out theme your takin' your GS.
Old 11-17-09, 07:29 PM
BP_VVt-i
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PushinLEX
Looks nice so far. I would shave the OEM rear wing and get new wheels. But the blacked out G35 wheels aren't that bad.

Why is your gas cap gray? Did you do that on purpose? It'll look much better on coils. I like the blacked out theme your takin' your GS.
my gas cap is actually a carbon fiber piece, but im def but to ditch that n accent the car with flat black. i rly been thnkin bout ditchin that OEM wing for a while but idk wat to replace it with. BTW this is my third set of rims for year, im done with rims for this car. n i cant wait for coils cuz i jus wanna slam on it the ground even wit the 2 inch drop i still think its too high.
Old 11-17-09, 08:23 PM
aristo2369
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down ...

I dont like it... murdered out is called but everything has to blend... carbon fiber gas cap and red painted calipers? GS300ToM is how a black GS Should look... No bueno sorry...

Last edited by aristo2369; 11-17-09 at 08:27 PM.
Old 11-17-09, 10:23 PM
c4lvin
Pole Position

I don't like it, either. To be honest, nothing on your car is my taste.
Old 11-17-09, 11:32 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BP_VVt-i
my gas cap is actually a carbon fiber piece, but im def but to ditch that n accent the car with flat black. i rly been thnkin bout ditchin that OEM wing for a while but idk wat to replace it with. BTW this is my third set of rims for year, im done with rims for this car. n i cant wait for coils cuz i jus wanna slam on it the ground even wit the 2 inch drop i still think its too high.
easiest way is to trade with someone that wants the spoiler. just post a WTT in the classifieds or in your regionals.
Old 11-18-09, 08:22 AM
BP_VVt-i
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by aristo2369
I dont like it... murdered out is called but everything has to blend... carbon fiber gas cap and red painted calipers? GS300ToM is how a black GS Should look... No bueno sorry...
Originally Posted by c4lvin
well everyone is entitled to their opinions. the 13 other comments saying it looks nice mean much more than ur two comments.
Old 11-18-09, 08:34 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 90 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by aristo2369
Originally Posted by c4lvin
too much black for me. The GS is too pretty to hide in the shadows However I'd rather see it in person cause pictures really dont do justice for murder unless done in right light and such. but just not a fan of the murder.
Old 11-18-09, 10:14 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
too much black for me. The GS is too pretty to hide in the shadows However I'd rather see it in person cause pictures really dont do justice for murder unless done in right light and such. but just not a fan of the murder.
im all for the murder out theme if it fits....

OP car looks good.....im against the tails as that is one of the subtle features of the 2nd gen GS that help our car stand out, can ALWAYS tell u behind or bout to pass s 2GS when u see them
Old 11-18-09, 11:16 AM
B4TM4N
Driver

Black out the trim around the windows for a killer look !
Old 11-18-09, 11:37 AM
BP_VVt-i
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by speed3000g
Black out the trim around the windows for a killer look !
lol now that is were i might hav to say its too black. i left that chrome to go with the grill that still has chrome around it. i kinda want to bring sum more contrasting elements to my car, lyk a silver lip on the rims but for now this is it. i hav to do under the hood work becuz those regular maintenance things are catching up to me.
Old 11-18-09, 08:24 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 90 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
im all for the murder out theme if it fits....

OP car looks good.....im against the tails as that is one of the subtle features of the 2nd gen GS that help our car stand out, can ALWAYS tell u behind or bout to pass s 2GS when u see them
Yea if something is done right it will look sick, but do one thing wrong and thats it. Kinda like me Theres a murdered out GS on here that is actually sick! but I cant find it has a kit dumped and with BBK and just done right! Heres one I did find that actually isnt bad:

To the OP Just to be clear, I didnt say I hated it Looking at the above pic, I think what really sets it off is the drop. IDK why, but I think thats what saved it. Im thinking that the little gap above your tires adds a third black (shadow) that makes the tires' color stand out a bunch. IDK, again I'd like to see it in person.. but will never happen

maybe the chrome trim to black would be a good idea for next mod since theres no other chrome to set it off.

Quick Reply: Slowly but surely I'm putting in work(pics, tell me what you think)