GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

anyone willing to do me a favor?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-09 | 10:47 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Default anyone willing to do me a favor?

i need the specs INSIDE the battery box. like height of box, depth, width, and inside specs of box. im gonna get a spacer made to raise my battery and since my car is FINALLY in the shop having some of my stuff i have been hording in my room for months put on it it so i dont have access to it.

i appreciate it guys..........keep in mind, you will have to remove your battery to do this. thanks
Old 11-20-09 | 10:58 AM
Debonair
iModerate

You talking about the battery tray?
Old 11-20-09 | 11:11 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Debonair
You talking about the battery tray?
yeah abel...or battery box. whatever u wanna call it....its where our battery actually sits inside.
Old 11-20-09 | 05:39 PM
3UZFTE
Instructor

Why not just measure the battery size, make the spacer the same size as the battery? Is it a smaller battery? Do you still plan on using the factory bat. hold down? Just curious as to what your raising the battery for...
Old 11-25-09 | 11:13 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 3UZFTE
Why not just measure the battery size, make the spacer the same size as the battery? Is it a smaller battery? Do you still plan on using the factory bat. hold down? Just curious as to what your raising the battery for...
i dont have the car to measure anything plus i dont think measuring the battery would work for this.....not a smaller battery. i dont have the OEM undertray im using my optima yellow top but the battery holder from fogs sits way to high without the oem tray part so i need to raise the battery. so can/will anyone do this for me please?
Old 11-25-09 | 11:25 AM
Debonair
iModerate

If I can find some time I will check this out for you. I need to do some other work to my car so I will be under the hood anyway.
Old 11-25-09 | 11:30 AM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

can u say please???????????/ lol
Old 12-01-09 | 01:54 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Debonair
If I can find some time I will check this out for you. I need to do some other work to my car so I will be under the hood anyway.
ty abel.....let me know if u can do so.

Originally Posted by GS300ToM
can u say please???????????/ lol

oops........please. tom u gonna do this for me?
Old 11-17-10 | 11:07 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

well, noone ever did get me this so i finally did but now i need something else........i had FIGS make me a battery spacer, that actually looks nice about a year ago but now while my car is down waiting on parts from RGW, im looking to change the battery underhood from my yellow top to a kinetik.i know the hc1800 will fit but the place im getting it for $199 shipped is on backorder so i was looking into the HC2400. im not sure if it will fit though.

kinetiks website says it's:13"x6.7"x8.5" and per the picture above it will fit but now i need to know if its too tall and will hit the hood. can anyone measure from the bottom of the battery tray (actually from the inside of the battery lip to the top) for me please?

Old 11-17-10 | 02:53 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

so ANYONE with a kinetik HC1800 (which measures 10"x6.5"x8.2") do you have 3" left in height? or can SOMEONE, ANYONE will do really, measure the depth for me from the OEM battery to the hood?
Old 11-17-10 | 03:24 PM
AMSMIKE
Lead Lap

i have an Optima 34 red top in factory location.

Length 10 in.
Width 6.9 in.
Height 7.8 in.

I wouldnt go anymore than 1 inch taller than what I have. Because that is just the outer case height. You still have the 1" tall battery posts...unless you get side mount posts. Any taller and the battery posts would be stick up too high and could be questionable.

if you really need to fit that taller battery....cut away the inside of the battery tray so the battery sits lower in the tray. That will give you the extra clearance!
Old 11-18-10 | 06:10 AM
cjames235
Driver

brian you shouldve just hit me up to do it haha if you still need some more info i will get it for you today!
Old 11-18-10 | 10:08 AM
toy4life86
Lead Lap

bro i got a hc2400 with the stock tray, the only thing is the terminals were really close to the top but, I had changed my terminals to Jl audio terminals and they have this plastic cover on top so even if it does touch a little its not gonna spark
with the jl terminals it made it even higher the stock terminals might not touch but i never closed my hood to check
Old 11-18-10 | 10:10 AM
toy4life86
Lead Lap

oh yah also when i did have the stock terminals on, well my negative previous owner cut it and put those big lead type terminals so it may have been shorter for me but it was a stretch
Old 11-18-10 | 12:17 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AMSMIKE
i have an Optima 34 red top in factory location.

Length 10 in.
Width 6.9 in.
Height 7.8 in.

I wouldnt go anymore than 1 inch taller than what I have. Because that is just the outer case height. You still have the 1" tall battery posts...unless you get side mount posts. Any taller and the battery posts would be stick up too high and could be questionable.

if you really need to fit that taller battery....cut away the inside of the battery tray so the battery sits lower in the tray. That will give you the extra clearance!
thanks, i have a yellow top 34 as it is so the dimensions are very similar... so you saying you wouldnt go higher than 8.8" thats not right there ARE some members on here who have the kinetik hc1800 installed and its 10" tall so i know i can fit a 10" but the hc2400 is 13" so thats 5" more than the yellow/red top.

BTW i thought they mesasure FROM the battery posts on most. the thought of side mounts did occur to me though...

wanna hear something even funnier? i lost that 300 emblem someplace....so now i gotta find a black pearl 300 and 400 to combine em

Originally Posted by cjames235
brian you shouldve just hit me up to do it haha if you still need some more info i will get it for you today!
haha i didnt wanna bother you any more chris, as much as we been talking. i hate to exhaust my options you know? not to mention my car has been at your house since the 7th which i cant imagine your old lady is thrilled about.....

but since you mentioned it, do you mind getting me the depth of it? i need 13" maybe 14" with the battery posts if its not included in the height use the trunk battery for comparison if u need and as always thanks...

RGW informed me my parts shipped but i dunno when as i still have no tracking # so god knows when im finally gonna get these things. im crossing my fingers though as i need the car back Tuesday morning....i already had to postpone my appointment with lexus from thsi morning to tues since i haven't gotten this in and i REALLY dont wanna have to post pone it again but if they dont get here soon, i might have to

Originally Posted by toy4life86
bro i got a hc2400 with the stock tray, the only thing is the terminals were really close to the top but, I had changed my terminals to Jl audio terminals and they have this plastic cover on top so even if it does touch a little its not gonna spark
with the jl terminals it made it even higher the stock terminals might not touch but i never closed my hood to check
Originally Posted by toy4life86
oh yah also when i did have the stock terminals on, well my negative previous owner cut it and put those big lead type terminals so it may have been shorter for me but it was a stretch
pic of the battery underhood and the terminals?

i think i could easily modify the battery tray but i dunno... or i could always relocate the battery to the trunk next to the other hc2400 but i would hate to do that much work to fit this

Quick Reply: anyone willing to do me a favor?