GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Weird Pic request please.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-09 | 09:13 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Default Weird Pic request please.

Anyone have a picture (side, top or both) of out car with just a fender removed? I need a good visual of what it looks like under there please.

Thanks
Old 12-02-09 | 06:54 AM
BP_VVt-i
Lead Lap

i dnt have the pic but that is a weird request. LOL...wat u taking swapping those fenders out n need to see how to take em out?
Old 12-02-09 | 12:02 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

naw, I need to see the body of the car under the fender so I an tub it! so I can sit on the ground on 22's

well actually not tub it, but cut whats under there, but I want a visual of what it looks like between the fender itself and whats under it. I'm not cutting the frame or anything (yet )
Old 12-02-09 | 12:04 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

as you see here on this GS, he already cut out the part that I need a pic of:

Old 12-02-09 | 12:07 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

what I need to do is.... (for those reading this) in our fender well, there are like tabs that run across from side to side (about 4 of them) I need to cut 2 or 3 of them to get that extra inch of clearance but am uncertain of what they are there for. are they holding anything together? or just seams 'left over' from when joined together?
Old 12-02-09 | 06:54 PM
BP_VVt-i
Lead Lap

OOOOOOOOOO OK. cool well only thng i can think of is at the 2 front screws in there hold the bumper tight n snug to the fender. i dnt kno about the back of it thou. i jus love how ur on 22s slammed tho. i hope this works out.
Old 12-02-09 | 08:14 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Yea, I'm just gonna have to take it apart and figure it out. and yea I dont like to 4x4 it just cause I have 22's I can drive pretty low (always tucked in rear though cause I have no choice w/ 22's ) but the fronts rub on those folds/tabs when I hit the breaks. I figure once I remove them I can drive low up front, also tucked up front (take that you guys on 20's ) with out worrying of the scrape sounds and also should be able to lay the kit with that extra inch
Old 12-03-09 | 07:14 PM
BP_VVt-i
Lead Lap

your the coolest guy i nvr met. LOL. good luck with that. keep CL posted. i nvr plan on slamming it that low or on 22s but i respect ur ride so much.
Old 12-03-09 | 08:51 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BP_VVt-i
your the coolest guy i nvr met. LOL. good luck with that. keep CL posted. i nvr plan on slamming it that low or on 22s but i respect ur ride so much.
ha ha, thanks Its funny how my motives and goals with ride height are the same with those on 19's and 20's, but making it much harder with a bigger wheel :/ my problem is that the car sits on the tire up front hopefully eventually I can lay like this guy on 22's

Old 12-03-09 | 09:10 PM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
ha ha, thanks Its funny how my motives and goals with ride height are the same with those on 19's and 20's, but making it much harder with a bigger wheel :/ my problem is that the car sits on the tire up front hopefully eventually I can lay like this guy on 22's

i remember when this guy was one of the inspirators for some people on here to air slam their GS because he was laying frames.
Old 12-03-09 | 09:37 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GS3mike
i remember when this guy was one of the inspirators for some people on here to air slam their GS because he was laying frames.
well hes not on air though. Hes using hydraulics. Its actually not to hard to do, just expensive and VERY unsafe! Once you cut out the fenderwells (tub it) just flip the ball joints over and get a set of million dollar upper control arms! However, i'm not trying to lay frame just body kit so thats an extra ~3 inches to work with. The only thing stopping me up front are the outside of the fenders (meaning on the front and back) I have clearance above the tire/rim, but the outsides of the tire/rim is what the car sits on. The rear will only need a slight change to the mount kinda like the kit that UAS sells for the front (which is on its way to me ) All in good time. IMO, that white GS on frame on 22's looks weird, so I'm hoping with the 3" drop I'm doing, it will look like just a good drop and not a hack job
Old 12-03-09 | 09:43 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

I never thought ld say this, but that gs is tooo low, lol. I guess the wheel being tucked that much looks odd to me. I would like 22"s tucked, but something along the lines of a pic you posted earlier. It was an orange GS. Keep us updated man. Have to respect all the hard work and dedication. Just a last thought, wouldn't it be easier to get 20"s?
Old 12-03-09 | 10:38 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Dude if I could afford some decent 20's I'd do so, but I dont believe in buying somthing I already have but too, you cant tuck a 20 like a double deuce and last but definitely not least, count how many are on 20's and 19's? now count 22's? my MAIN motive when doing a car is standing FAR out from the rest, I do not like to do what everyone is doing. Many will dislike it (but not actually say hate it). Yea as you said, that gs up top is just way to damn tucked!!! LoL, the orange one you speak of I believe is this one:

and black

however, I'm almost certain they achieved that stance with stretched and very low profile tires and/or width of rim. I'm just fine with my 30's on 245's, close to too little for me. I'm pretty sure I'll be ok in the looks department with just the kit to floor rim tuck. We'll see though cause um yea

(thanks for the support guys)
Old 12-03-09 | 10:50 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Yeah, Im liking those two except the paint matching rims.. They look pretty cool. Keep us updated man..
Old 12-05-09 | 10:50 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Well, once I got under there it all came back to me on the 'plans' of how to do this all (I forgot that I already went through all this and decided to not get into the project ) so anyways, now that I'm reminded, I know what needs to be done. Now laying out that extra inch as I want can and will be done, but is the second step of the project. First and most important is drive height... most my rub problems on low drive height are with the left side (as all know about how they align the left side a bit different than the right) so I wanted to focus on what needed to be done to eliminate that. Well those 'tabs' I was talking about are the ones that the plastic mudguards snap in to. So I was able to just take a mallet and tap them down flush to the body and vuala I am now able to drive at the exact same height as with my 20's now! yea BIG difference. Now as for laying out... there are two 1"x ~5" body rolls in front of the tire and behind it that stop the car from going down. Again, I was able to use a mallet on the back side (cause its real soft) and bend it inward with out damaging the unibody. I took a little paint to insulate the exposed metal and that is done. Now as for the front part, I'm gonna have to get a grinder and cut it out then weld a piece of metal in its place to cover the hole. Now I no how to weld and had no problems taking a welder to the drag car, but that car wasnt all pretty and what not so I'm a it scared to do it, gonna take some thinking before done.

now you all are asking, 'Where are the pictures' Well honestly theres nothing to show (yet) Once I get into the cut and welding part, those pics will be taken for sure. Once I get out today, I WILL take pictures of my drive height cause I'm sure thats gonna be pretty (I hope)

Quick Reply: Weird Pic request please.