GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

So i decided to go widebody...

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-09, 12:06 PM
BobaDrift
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vwynn
how much $$ u guys think i will be getting for the damages??

also how does parting out work?? would i have to buy it back or can I part it before giving it back to the insurance?
Sorry to hear this happened. Wish it was my car rather than yours since I plan on getting rid of mine anyways.
If you part it out you have to replace whatever you take off before giving it back to the insurance company. Either that or buy it back.
If you have time I'd take the parts off and replace them with stock. I have stock struts/springs, but you need the stock top hats to utilize them. I also have stock exhaust with gold tips as well.
Best of luck and hope all goes well in either repair or replacement.
Old 12-04-09, 01:45 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

will the insurance give me enough time to take swap the parts?? meaning can i schedule a pickup dude on my own time??
Old 12-15-09, 01:39 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Vince,

Im glad you're ok.

Looks kinda bad...esp that rear fender bowing out like that. Your rear door must be jammed in or hard to open/close.

As far as getting insurance to cover your parts...I suggest you provide estimates/prices to the estimator for your aftermarket parts (rear bumper)....esp if its more pricier than stock parts.

Also, work with your body shop to save parts if not totaled.

If totaled...start stripping it down asap.

Good luck.

Pete

Last edited by PHML; 12-15-09 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-15-09, 01:46 PM
JoelGs
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear that..at least you are ok...hope you get it back on the road soon..
Old 12-15-09, 03:04 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Just an update.

I went to Platinum VIP a few days ago and Kennedy said the car might be totalled due to it being pushed a few inches in and Frame Damage. However if it is not totalled and i cant claim total lost i will get it fixed at Platinum VIP ..

If it is.. should i start swapping back to stock? or should i just wait n do it later since i still drive this car to work n where ever.
Old 12-15-09, 03:04 PM
aristo2369
Lead Lap

Yeah they are going to salvage the car and give you crap for it... i went thru the same... I hope you dont have liberty ins.... you should asked them not to salvage it and get a great connection when it comes to body and stuff..... With the lost in value in a salvage tittle and going to get the brake and light checked/vin etc is better just to tell them you want to just work a deal on not paying the car off.... figure paint/body etc... 2500.... the will pay you the car then offset the action price at action.... just tell them to give you 3500 not the price of the car and keep it as clean title plus you get it fixed plus some cash........... i learned and i wasnt to happy about it....

Last edited by aristo2369; 12-16-09 at 02:27 AM.
Old 12-15-09, 03:28 PM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

they are definately gonna total it for sure...ive seen minor body damage than that and it was totaled @ my homies shop...
Old 12-15-09, 03:40 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

whats fidelity???

Also i dont mind it salvaged since it already has front end frame damage.. (Clean title tho). If i were to get this fixed i would end up with a nice rear but a messed up front end.

when should i start taking off my parts? like the RMM supercharger, Ksport air suspension, Intrax sway, arm, RMM brakes etc etc??
Old 12-15-09, 03:54 PM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

shud just leave it until the insurance give u da word on it... then start
Old 12-15-09, 04:00 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

oh ok. Yea thats what Kennedy said along with he will make sure i get watever i want back.. when i put stock parts back..

Anyone wanna do a Interior trade/Cash of i do start taking stuff back??

I have a perdy much 95% awesome condition no wrip Grey leather interior.. Use Leatherique to condition/clean it. u can swap your tan in Will trade for crappy interior + Cash . socallers let me know!
Old 12-15-09, 07:30 PM
aristo2369
Lead Lap

hey... i wanted to ask you if i can get the last 4 of your vin... im sure your car is going to go to copart or something... i will keep my eye open for silver gs.. maybe i can get a good deal on it... let me know
Old 12-16-09, 01:59 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Ok so i called my attorney's office n spoke with them.. The lady said i should take off the rims/suspension/supercharger n everything before having the adjuster or watever look at my car.

time to start swapping!

aristo2369: Ill try to get you the Vin when i can.
Old 12-16-09, 03:01 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Ok so i called my attorney's office n spoke with them.. The lady said i should take off the rims/suspension/supercharger n everything before having the adjuster or watever look at my car.

time to start swapping!

oe let the adjuster make a offer with the items on there, if you like it accept it and buy it back....if not ask for another adjuster or quote and take off them items u want....

BTW....do u wanna sell the SC?
Old 12-16-09, 03:14 PM
vinh
Lexus Champion

time to start swapping!

i don't think you should take off all those items before the adjuster goes to see it. There really isn't any point. It's just creating more work for yourself. Just do what sakataj said. After the adjuster see's it, if you decide to not keep the car you'll have time to take all those parts off.
Old 12-17-09, 12:18 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by vinh
i don't think you should take off all those items before the adjuster goes to see it. There really isn't any point. It's just creating more work for yourself. Just do what sakataj said. After the adjuster see's it, if you decide to not keep the car you'll have time to take all those parts off.
i would assume that would be illegal to just take them off after they adjuster comes out....

what i mean was get it appraised and if u like it take the price and try and buy car back and part it or take what u want.....

OR

if u dont like the appraisal remove your parts and then ask for a 2nd appraisal

Quick Reply: So i decided to go widebody...