GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

RAWR!!! SOMEONE HELP? HID fogs wont come on!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-09, 11:13 PM
Sash1mi
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BP_VVt-i
LOL they're 8000K, n no one believes me. LOL...its all becuz of the tint. i used sum old window tint i found in my garage from my father's window tinting days and i slapped it on them one night wen i was bored. i thought since the lights without tint shuld be like frost white that they wuld look kinda purple under the tint but they jus came out green. i like it thou. its a happy accident. LOL
lol.......... yeah different now you should get those cool VIP green tints to go along with it!!

Originally Posted by Rippaflow
They could be yellow housing foglights so the yellow reflective would be in there.
oooooohhh yeahhhhhh I forgot about those....... Sorry Im more in the super bright white illuminations. The honda days overkilled the yellow lights so yeah, haha

Dara
Old 12-05-09, 09:06 AM
BP_VVt-i
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DPromGS
lol.......... yeah different now you should get those cool VIP green tints to go along with it!!

Dara
really? where are they at? i want sum. i think imma roll wit the green. it looks cool
Old 12-05-09, 10:45 AM
kingof901s
Driver

NICE!! Yea i had problem with mine but all I did was flip the plug over then WAHLAAHHH came on perfect
Old 12-05-09, 04:14 PM
guccijon

i just purchased som DDM tuning 35 w 3k foglights and installed them but one looks white yellow and the other looks like a nice yellow. do i just have to let them settl in? or did i get one wrong one?
Old 12-05-09, 04:25 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

really? where are they at? i want sum. i think imma roll wit the green. it looks cool
Since they are green tints...check them regularly...eventually, Im thinking the heat will start to melt the tints.

Originally Posted by guccijon
i just purchased som DDM tuning 35 w 3k foglights and installed them but one looks white yellow and the other looks like a nice yellow. do i just have to let them settl in? or did i get one wrong one?
Do you have yellow fogs or clear fogs?
Old 12-05-09, 05:03 PM
guccijon

well the housing and lense is white but i got the 3k bulbs to give it a yellow look.
heres a quik pic i just flashed. btw what bulb is the light that i have no on? and whats a good soft white bulb for my upper lights? sorry about the noob questions.

Last edited by guccijon; 12-05-09 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-05-09, 06:09 PM
BP_VVt-i
Lead Lap

they will settle in after bout a week or so. if they dnt start to match color then i wuld go bak n check the actual bulb. if the colored strip on the side of the bulb isnt the same then they sent u the wrong thing

Originally Posted by PHML
Since they are green tints...check them regularly...eventually, Im thinking the heat will start to melt the tints.
the tint isnt green tint, its tint for windows that was jus rly dark. n i guess that made it look green. LOL happy accident cuz i like it

well the housing and lense is white but i got the 3k bulbs to give it a yellow look.
heres a quik pic i just flashed. btw what bulb is the light that i have no on? and whats a good soft white bulb for my upper lights? sorry about the noob questions.
if ur talking bout the lights in the middle where the high beams come on, those r 194s aka parking lights. i have LEDs in mine. the high beam are 9005s n they also act as ur DRLs. any other lights u want to kno let me kno....btw its cool we were all noobs once, nice start wit the lights
Old 12-05-09, 06:40 PM
guccijon

i think i may go soft white for my high beams and parking lights. ive heard HID anywere other then the fogs u needa do custom work or sumthing idk lol. can anyone reccomend some good bulbs to go with my new 3k fog lights

well i guess it was thread worthy

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lig...ance-pics.html

Last edited by guccijon; 12-06-09 at 02:24 PM.
Old 12-08-09, 11:44 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

lol....cops gonna love u lol
Old 12-08-09, 12:01 PM
BP_VVt-i
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sakataj
lol....cops gonna love u lol
LOL. they already do. I have been stopped on average once a month since Dec. 31 2008. to be exact i hav been to court bout 5 times (once out of state) and i have been issues 10 police reports that include: warnings, citations, and speeding tickets. i even got stopped for a lapse in my insurance that happened a month ago. i hate being profiled but its w/e
BTW its ppl round here who have purple and green colored headlights so if they nt stop them for green/purple headlights, it wuld b crazy to stop me for green fogs but then again u nvr know
Old 12-08-09, 01:19 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

LOL. they already do. I have been stopped on average once a month since Dec. 31 2008. to be exact i hav been to court bout 5 times (once out of state) and i have been issues 10 police reports that include: warnings, citations, and speeding tickets. i even got stopped for a lapse in my insurance that happened a month ago. i hate being profiled but its w/e
BTW its ppl round here who have purple and green colored headlights so if they nt stop them for green/purple headlights, it wuld b crazy to stop me for green fogs but then again u nvr know
dude u not being profiled....u asking for police attention with a lowered and modified BLACK gs. regardless if they pull them over for the headlights your fogs are illegal in green and are just asking for attention.