GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

seafoam

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-09, 01:39 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As in which vacuum hose to pull? I've used it before.
Old 12-13-09, 01:43 PM
BP_VVt-i
Lead Lap

yea, cuz i'm due for an oil change tuesday so i want to do this 2maro
Old 12-13-09, 01:47 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

I'd let it it run for about 100 miles before the oil change,
Old 12-13-09, 02:18 PM
BP_VVt-i
Lead Lap

o well i travel lyk a 100 hundred miles in a day. i commute to school and work. its really close to 100 miles so i'm sure i will do it in a day. if not i will wait til wednesday for the oil change. but whats the hose i need to "suck" the seafoam thru? i'm sure the s13 is pretty dif from the GS. so i wanna make sure i do it right. i cant screw up my daily driver/project car.
Old 12-13-09, 02:29 PM
5t341th
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

wtf, put it in your oil and let the motor idle. the seafoam is too thin to be used for 100 miles.
1/3 bottle into oil, 1/3 into gas tank, 1/3 into the vacuum

do oil change after you run it thru your oil
Old 12-13-09, 02:51 PM
BP_VVt-i
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 5t341th
wtf, put it in your oil and let the motor idle. the seafoam is too thin to be used for 100 miles.

LOL ok well um i still need to kno which vacuum hose to put the seafoam in. a pic wuld b great
Old 12-13-09, 03:45 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 5t341th

I sent my oil into blackstone (sample) seemed fine. After you run the seafoam you want it to run through your engine for a short bit, not like 500+ miles but about 50-100 or so before you change the oil..
I believe I used the one next to the oil cap- Start the car, and pull the hose while running, if you feel good vacuum use it. . Closer to the source the better.
Old 12-13-09, 04:21 PM
BP_VVt-i
Lead Lap

ok so the hose that is adjacent to the oil cap/crankcase that connects to the intake manifold is the one or at least the one you recommend? i didnt think it wold be safe to hav liquid flowing thru there but i guess since u guys hav done this n ur cars still work...i shuld...trust...you. LOL
Old 12-13-09, 04:43 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Seafoam is combustable, just don't hydrolock your engine, let it suck it in a bit by bit at idle or 1500 rpms, don't get on the gas, let the engine do it on its own.
Old 12-13-09, 06:03 PM
TxLexus400
Lead Lap

I poured it in the pcv vacuum line into the intake manifold but on my 400 so im not sure where the pcv line is on a 300. Like everyone said pour this in on a warm engine and only a 1/3 of the bottle goes in the vacuum line. I was hesitant at first too as well but i went ahead it did it anyways, also do an oil change a few days later or 50 to 100 miles or so.
Old 12-13-09, 06:20 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

PVC on the GS3 is in towards the rear of the block behind the intake. on the left side when you're looking towards the engine, standing in front of the car.
Old 12-13-09, 06:23 PM
BP_VVt-i
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexusscturbo
Seafoam is combustable, just don't hydrolock your engine, let it suck it in a bit by bit at idle or 1500 rpms, don't get on the gas, let the engine do it on its own.
ok so i'll jus start the car, unhook the hose, and dip it in the cup lyk its a straw and let it sip it down till its gone? doesnt sound too difficult

Originally Posted by TxLexus400
I poured it in the pcv vacuum line into the intake manifold but on my 400 so im not sure where the pcv line is on a 300. Like everyone said pour this in on a warm engine and only a 1/3 of the bottle goes in the vacuum line. I was hesitant at first too as well but i went ahead it did it anyways, also do an oil change a few days later or 50 to 100 miles or so.
see this is where i'm confused becuz its lyk one person says let it suck its way in and then other ppl are lyk u can pour it in the pcv vacuum line. WAT DO I DO?
Old 12-13-09, 06:28 PM
TxLexus400
Lead Lap

Me personally I poured it in, and when you unhook the vacuum line its gone run funny because of the line that you pulled off or it will just shut off. What I did was had the engine at normal operating temp pulled the pcv line, it died cause of that, then I poured it in the line and let it sit like a minute, then started the car again and let it burn it off. It will smoke and thats normal. If your still worried search youtube I think theres a video of people using it.
Old 12-14-09, 05:57 AM
BP_VVt-i
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexusscturbo
PVC on the GS3 is in towards the rear of the block behind the intake. on the left side when you're looking towards the engine, standing in front of the car.
Me personally I poured it in, and when you unhook the vacuum line its gone run funny because of the line that you pulled off or it will just shut off. What I did was had the engine at normal operating temp pulled the pcv line, it died cause of that, then I poured it in the line and let it sit like a minute, then started the car again and let it burn it off. It will smoke and thats normal. If your still worried search youtube I think theres a video of people using it.
OK REGAIN in confidence. I know where that plug is ur taking about. its got lyk a purplish looking tip to it. I should be good. Thanks. n i wll let u guys kno wat happens
Old 12-14-09, 06:26 AM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Yes the idle will be higher due to the vacuum being leaked, if your car just shuts off because one line was unplugged you have an ignition or another big leak somewhere else.

Quick Reply: seafoam