GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

need advice/lowering!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-09, 10:52 PM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default need advice/lowering!

ok before i try to be a hero again and break something. im going to need your guys's help. i finally made up my mind and i decieded im going to spend the rest of my money on lowering springs, christmas is coming up anyways and i get lots of money from my aunts, uncles and cousins (grandma had 13 kids) imagine that. so what do you guys think?

my tire size is 255/30/20

i wanna do a 2 1/2 drop in the front and 2 in the back..
will that give my car that aggressive look that i want???

heres some old pictures of my car. its the only pictures i have that are actually big..

what are some places i can get em for a decent price???

what should expect looking into this?

pros and cons??

do i need smaller tires??

the sooner i get help the sooner i can post pics for you guys

Old 12-10-09, 10:53 PM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

OHH! and who ever drives a white gs with blacked out tails lowered on either 19's or 20's. i saw you driving down 40th street in phoenix yesterday! if your not even a member here.. well then now i feel stupid... but if you are i just wanna say thanks cause after seeing your gs made me decied its time to go low. as there arn't very many gs around here. havent even seen one modded..
Old 12-11-09, 07:13 AM
BP_VVt-i
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FINALLY YOU WANT TO GO LOW!!!!! now i will tell u right now if your rims can tuck without rubbing you may be angry about 2 months later when you want your car lower. i rly wish my front was lower but im on springs n 19s. my front tires 225/40/r19 and the back is 245/30/r19 with a 2inch drop on megan racing springs and factory shocks it looks level. here's a slightly distorted cell phone pic but u can get the idea. i want it lower but u can tell its lowered.

if you do sumthing lyk that only thing i would caution is that depending on how many miles u have on ur car u gonna hav to replace ur shocks rly soon so if u thnk about it that way u gonna have to pay for shocks, then buy springs, and pay sumone to cut that extra half inch off and then pay em to install. unless ur really good with DIYs and got air tools this can run up a bill. next year, since imma hav to replace my shokcs; i want to jus buy coilovers becuz i feel lyk if i change my rims, or i want to drop my stance n have the full adjustableness any time i need it, coilovers offer that without the issues of air (in the winter it takes forever to pump them up) so jus think about that if u decide to go with just springs. its not a bad idea if ur content with that height but jus remember all i stated above. that 2 inch drop in the back and 2 1/2 in the front would prolly look very clean on 20's but u will prolly still have a slight gap unless u get sum new shocks...i thnk its like blisten shocks that a lot of ppl use on here. im not sure GOOD LUCK!
Old 12-11-09, 07:43 AM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well no springs go that low, I have the lowest springs for the gs, Daizens . and they actually handle amazing..which on 20's they will tuck tire. I'm selling them as we speak, I'm going in a different direction with my car but if you interested pm me.
Old 12-11-09, 08:58 AM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

coilovers...
Old 12-11-09, 09:05 PM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BP_VVt-i
FINALLY YOU WANT TO GO LOW!!!!! now i will tell u right now if your rims can tuck without rubbing you may be angry about 2 months later when you want your car lower. i rly wish my front was lower but im on springs n 19s. my front tires 225/40/r19 and the back is 245/30/r19 with a 2inch drop on megan racing springs and factory shocks it looks level. here's a slightly distorted cell phone pic but u can get the idea. i want it lower but u can tell its lowered.

if you do sumthing lyk that only thing i would caution is that depending on how many miles u have on ur car u gonna hav to replace ur shocks rly soon so if u thnk about it that way u gonna have to pay for shocks, then buy springs, and pay sumone to cut that extra half inch off and then pay em to install. unless ur really good with DIYs and got air tools this can run up a bill. next year, since imma hav to replace my shokcs; i want to jus buy coilovers becuz i feel lyk if i change my rims, or i want to drop my stance n have the full adjustableness any time i need it, coilovers offer that without the issues of air (in the winter it takes forever to pump them up) so jus think about that if u decide to go with just springs. its not a bad idea if ur content with that height but jus remember all i stated above. that 2 inch drop in the back and 2 1/2 in the front would prolly look very clean on 20's but u will prolly still have a slight gap unless u get sum new shocks...i thnk its like blisten shocks that a lot of ppl use on here. im not sure GOOD LUCK!
i just broke past 120,000.. new shocks???
Old 12-12-09, 08:55 AM
BP_VVt-i
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gsean400
i just broke past 120,000.. new shocks???
yea for sure, i wuld also see how much those Daizens r if u rly want jus springs if not, anyone will tell ya go wit coilovers, u'll b a lot happier in the long run.
Old 12-12-09, 10:18 AM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

yea for sure, i wuld also see how much those Daizens r if u rly want jus springs if not, anyone will tell ya go wit coilovers, u'll b a lot happier in the long run.
ohh and i talked to my mechanic about it.... and he said if i lower it, my tires are gunna be eaten up... hes a mechanic so i just sat there and said really? that sucks.. is this true? i still wanna do it but i dont wanna be like hey i dont believe you and then he'll charge me with labor.. help me think of something to say..
Old 12-12-09, 12:04 PM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

if anyone has pics of there car lowered on 20's can you post a pic for me.. i found this pic on here along time ago and im wondering how much it was dropped.

i either want it like this or maybe a little higher but this is the stance im looking at.
Old 12-12-09, 12:34 PM
BP_VVt-i
Lead Lap

i have no idea who's car that is but i love that. i think it was mr jokster showed it to me as advice for murdering out my car. im ditching the silver trim round the windows. i wanna know wat that drop is too but im pretty sure its on coils. it looks sick too. and about the whole tire thng, u jus hav to make sure u camber is right. slamming it will def destroy the inner wall of ur tires. n hav u tried the search button. most members on here are rolling on 20's or 19's and majority are slammed. so i would jus scroll thru sum old posts to see if u can find it.
BTW i think i'm gonna b saying goodbye to the murdered out look next year im going get my car repainted graphite grey pearl.
Old 12-12-09, 12:48 PM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

i have no idea who's car that is but i love that. i think it was mr jokster showed it to me as advice for murdering out my car. im ditching the silver trim round the windows. i wanna know wat that drop is too but im pretty sure its on coils. it looks sick too. and about the whole tire thng, u jus hav to make sure u camber is right. slamming it will def destroy the inner wall of ur tires. n hav u tried the search button. most members on here are rolling on 20's or 19's and majority are slammed. so i would jus scroll thru sum old posts to see if u can find it.
BTW i think i'm gonna b saying goodbye to the murdered out look next year im going get my car repainted graphite grey pearl.
ahhaa your not the only one!! my paint is soo bad it looks brown in the sun and i have dings and dents everywhere. i know someone who's dad paints cars for a living and i think im gunna go to him. i think im gunna paint the car white except the roof. iv always liked that look when you mix white/black/chrome together. but yeah. your right his is real low so its prolly on coils.
Old 12-12-09, 03:02 PM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your tires won't get eaten up if your on springs, just get an alinment and they will correct your Toe and camber. You'll be fine. That blk gs is pretty badass^
Old 12-12-09, 03:23 PM
BP_VVt-i
Lead Lap

ahhaa your not the only one!! my paint is soo bad it looks brown in the sun and i have dings and dents everywhere. i know someone who's dad paints cars for a living and i think im gunna go to him. i think im gunna paint the car white except the roof. iv always liked that look when you mix white/black/chrome together. but yeah. your right his is real low so its prolly on coils.
oooooo white with a black roof. thats gonna b sick. u keeping the black 20s of course? thats gonna be a costly paint job thou. im goin grey black roof, black or grey roof spolier and trunk spolier, also ima keep the black rims n imma two tone the bottom. so lyk at the bottom right under the door jam im gonna leave black all the way around the car. oh yea n a black tte lip. wen u thnking bout doing this white transformation?
Old 12-17-09, 07:37 PM
BMwhat?
Lead Lap

if anyone has pics of there car lowered on 20's can you post a pic for me.. i found this pic on here along time ago and im wondering how much it was dropped.

i either want it like this or maybe a little higher but this is the stance im looking at.
hey guys... thats my car HAHA! thanks for the compliments....
it's actually not that low. the picture is just really blurry...
and no i'm not on coils. im on tein S or H springs, i dont remember, but its the lower one. I got them from my bro's GS... he cut a coil up front. And i know cutting springs is a no-no but i was actually surprise that this is not bouncy at all.

Although i will be moving on to 19's and coils in the future to go lower... like the rears on pic below...

Old 12-17-09, 09:11 PM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

oooooo white with a black roof. thats gonna b sick. u keeping the black 20s of course? thats gonna be a costly paint job thou. im goin grey black roof, black or grey roof spolier and trunk spolier, also ima keep the black rims n imma two tone the bottom. so lyk at the bottom right under the door jam im gonna leave black all the way around the car. oh yea n a black tte lip. wen u thnking bout doing this white transformation?
hmm.. somewhere around march?? what about you? and yeah im definatly gunna keep my black 20's so it would match the roof, tailights, grill, interior and other spots that weren't painted

Quick Reply: need advice/lowering!