GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Haters and shinny cars

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-09 | 09:02 PM
djspawn00
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 25,000

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
Buy a .22 rifle with a scope and keep your window open. (this is what I did) do yourself plenty of target practice with that scope. As soon as you hear it happen, pull the rifle out of open window (keep shades drawn as best as possible) wait till they are a good 100yards away scope them shoot them in the *** I choose a .22 as to not do too much damage just a nice reminder to not come back
hahahahaha, if not for the lawsuits and jailtime i would give this a shot.. literally.
Old 12-20-09 | 09:02 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by kevin.tran
I've did that and the cops said all they can do is file a police report and that I should ask the rent a cops for more of a patrol because there isn't a real crime commited yet and that the apartment complex is private property and they have their own rent a cop patrols
Total crap. Talk to the desk sergeant and ask for more patrols during the time it typically happens. If that doesn't work, go higher up the food chain. Their job is to prevent crime, not just react to it when it happens.

Big Mack
Old 12-20-09 | 09:11 PM
Deception
Lexus Test Driver

i say hunt them down like wolves. LOL. You can install like an In-car DVR with a pin hole cameras around your car and just leave it on to record. Some cameras are ON to record by motion. A mini PTZ camera would be nice it has tracking and motion. Just catch send the tape to the police.

http://www.ecarsecurity.com/Scytek-V...ard%208000.htm
Old 12-20-09 | 09:21 PM
kevin.tran
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Deception
i say hunt them down like wolves. LOL. You can install like an In-car DVR with a pin hole cameras around your car and just leave it on to record. Some cameras are ON to record by motion. A mini PTZ camera would be nice it has tracking and motion. Just catch send the tape to the police.

http://www.ecarsecurity.com/Scytek-V...ard%208000.htm
damn that is a bad @$$ alarm haha
Old 12-20-09 | 09:35 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 90 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by EN_VY
Did you really do that MR. Jokster?

Anyways,, Cant you set up a surveillance system? The Voice alarm sounds good too
I plead the 5th
Old 12-20-09 | 09:47 PM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

bb gun, pellet gun or paint ball gun. you raelly dont want to shoot them with a leathal weapon. or maybe you do?
Old 12-20-09 | 09:51 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Buy a .22 rifle with a scope and keep your window open. (this is what I did) do yourself plenty of target practice with that scope. As soon as you hear it happen, pull the rifle out of open window (keep shades drawn as best as possible) wait till they are a good 100yards away scope them shoot them in the *** I choose a .22 as to not do too much damage just a nice reminder to not come back
lol if im ever gunna shoot someone i dont want him running away injured... just means he might come back with his crew! Also he can sue you..... rule of thumb... dead man cant talk. just saying. lol

but yea to the OP

have you ever tried confronting the guys?? like.. say let them get close to your car n maybe try to jack up the car.. n while they do walk up behind them n be like "sup guys need help?"

lol
Old 12-20-09 | 09:51 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Smile

Originally Posted by Big Mack
Total crap. Talk to the desk sergeant and ask for more patrols during the time it typically happens. If that doesn't work, go higher up the food chain. Their job is to prevent crime, not just react to it when it happens.

Big Mack
it may be total crap, but its crap with precedence They just didnt explain it all to him, or he didnt say it all. They CAN prevent crime, but they can NOT react to this situation. When I made a very similar call (and here is where the precedence is) they told me that unless a person made the threat, they cant act on it. Now unless I'm not thinking through to his situation, but the only way I see that the police can help will be to sit in front of his car and wait or rather, patrol the area till it happens. I dont see the county/municipal spending that money on mostly 'maybies' that this is happening and also for something that really is petty in a sense compared to other crimes that are happening. make sense? Its just hard to do anything about it without any type of evidence for the police to go by. I mean hell, I KNEW who took me for $35k in a home invasion, I gave them his address, phone number, place of emplyment, car make model and license plate number EVERYTHING short of his social and STILL couldnt get him!
Old 12-21-09 | 07:28 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

ACTUALLY........... a .22 will do some of the most damage to someones body as when it hits them it crumbles and shatters inside and is almost impossible to remove from their body.
Old 12-21-09 | 08:06 AM
NemeGuero
Lexus Test Driver

shin·ny 1 also shin·ney (shn)
n. pl. shin·nies also shin·neys
1. Ice, street, or field hockey played informally with a ball, can, or similar object.
2. The stick used when playing this game.
Old 12-21-09 | 08:44 AM
fro20
Driver

Yeah man, this is what guns are for. Set your alarm to silent. When your pager goes of run out there with your shotty or whatever and keep those bit#%*$ there while the cops are on the way.
Old 12-21-09 | 11:37 AM
aristo2369
Lead Lap

i say get something that you can lay on the ground so you can hear them walking towards your car like Nut shells.... In any case im sure if you do catch them and you bust them you might get another problem such as getting your car keyed...... I say just let it be if not is going to go into a bigger problem..... If its outside your Window just get a motion camera with a night vision or something or a light and use that in case something does happen....
Old 12-21-09 | 01:11 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sakataj
ACTUALLY........... a .22 will do some of the most damage to someones body as when it hits them it crumbles and shatters inside and is almost impossible to remove from their body.
exactly, leaves them with something to remember
Old 12-21-09 | 01:14 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

So true man! You try to defend yourself, and they will always come back if you touched them. Rule of thumb, let them have what they want and they dont come back just sucks! oh and he cant sue if they dont know who it was

and as for the op talking to them, hes yet to confirm that there IS someone doing it. I dont think I've read him say that he actually saw them do it. He's only said that his alarm keeps going off.

(i could be wrong)

Originally Posted by vwynn
lol if im ever gunna shoot someone i dont want him running away injured... just means he might come back with his crew! Also he can sue you..... rule of thumb... dead man cant talk. just saying. lol

but yea to the OP

have you ever tried confronting the guys?? like.. say let them get close to your car n maybe try to jack up the car.. n while they do walk up behind them n be like "sup guys need help?"

lol
Old 12-21-09 | 01:19 PM
McKrevice
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Uh, I have a GSG-5 which shoots a 22LR and although you don’t need to wear ear protection, you really should. It’s still really loud. If this is the route you want to take, I do not suggest a 22. You could hit them in the spine or kidneys and then guess what, you’re screwed. A 22 can still kill. Probably not at 100 yards, but it may still be lethal. Pellet gun would work better. Just pump that sucker 10 times and aim low.

If it were me, in my exact situation, I’d move ASAP. Only time I’d ever pull out a gun is if I were going to use it. If you pull it out for intimidation, this can backfire as you do not know who they are. They could come back. And then who knows. Plus, if you do shoot someone, you will go to jail unless your life is in danger. I’m not going to jail over some punk *** D-Bags...especially over my car. Go ahead...steal my car. Let me get the insurance money and I'll get something else.

My words to live by…Don’t open that door unless you’re prepared to deal with what’s on the other side.

Quick Reply: Haters and shinny cars