GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Haters and shinny cars

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-09, 06:01 PM
kevin.tran
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Haters and shinny cars

So for the last 3-4 weeks almost every night these 3 guys been casing out my car kicking the wheel/rims to see if my alarm goes off so they can try to steal a LEXUS. They are flippin Idiots because it's a LEXUS kinda hard to steal not like a honda/acura. Once the alarm goes off they run. I mean C'mon stupid I'm not gonna leave my Lex unprotected. Like you guys I've invested the Security of my Car. I've been trying to catch these guys but no luck so far. I've called the apt people to file a report and I'm just tired of this. Why can't we have nice cars and not have people try to steal it or vandalize it. Sorry just had to vent
Old 12-20-09, 06:08 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

that is really pathetic on their part. have they done damage it it at all? are you catching them in the act? its a shame that people have to resort to stealing as opposed to purchasing it themselves. there is no justification for someone trying to do that to another's property.

if i were you, id either set up a video camera for a period of time (if you say they've been consistently been doing it, they'll do it again), or even set the alarm off once they get close. for me, i personally set my alarm to be as sensitive as possible and the moment someone gets too close for comfort, lojack sends me a call. the loud alarm should scare them off, but if not, theres a lojack in place for preventative measures. best of luck, my friend. i dont understand why people would do this...really irritates me!
Old 12-20-09, 06:21 PM
kevin.tran
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
that is really pathetic on their part. have they done damage it it at all? are you catching them in the act? its a shame that people have to resort to stealing as opposed to purchasing it themselves. there is no justification for someone trying to do that to another's property.

if i were you, id either set up a video camera for a period of time (if you say they've been consistently been doing it, they'll do it again), or even set the alarm off once they get close. for me, i personally set my alarm to be as sensitive as possible and the moment someone gets too close for comfort, lojack sends me a call. the loud alarm should scare them off, but if not, theres a lojack in place for preventative measures. best of luck, my friend. i dont understand why people would do this...really irritates me!
Nope no damage yet. They can't steal the car or the rims. The car has shock/tilt alarm. With the fuel pump switch and rims as like 2 different locks. Car is parked right outside my bedroom window. Everytime it goes off I take off running outside trying to catch these guys. I'm figuring they are just some wanna be's because of so many attempts so far. They are some persistent bastards. haha
Old 12-20-09, 06:25 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Nothing irritates me more than my personal property being F--Ked with. People are just dumb and stupid and have no morals on other peoples belongings. Hope you catch them in the act.. Then its on.. GL..
Old 12-20-09, 06:26 PM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Is it possible that your alarm is too sensative and the wind is setting the alarm off?
Old 12-20-09, 06:35 PM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

put some explosives near your car, wire it to your alarm. DONE DEAL. no more bad nights. hahaaha
Old 12-20-09, 06:49 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

one thing you got to realize living in an apt you cant ever have nice things. if you live in an apt you should live very basic and no nice car. If you do have a nice car make sure you have an attached garage and not a car port.!!
Old 12-20-09, 06:56 PM
kevin.tran
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Infamous 1
Is it possible that your alarm is too sensative and the wind is setting the alarm off?
No because my 2-way pager goes off like a second before the alarm does and by the time I look out the window I see people running off. The last time they were chilling under a tree thats when I took off running out my apartment and I guess they heard me and took off running all skurd. If I do catch them it's on like donkey kong.

I want to get those alarm where you can record your voice or whatever so it'll play instead of the alarm sound so I can record something funny like "You might as well take off running because imma get you
Old 12-20-09, 06:59 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by LOLthxKbye
put some explosives near your car, wire it to your alarm. DONE DEAL. no more bad nights. hahaaha
i second this idea

but i would say camp out.. wait till they come n cap those foos. hah jk.

Ide personally try to catch one of em n see if he can squeel out the other people. but then again i live in california.. so ill let him steal my car.. since ill get sued if i do anything
Old 12-20-09, 07:04 PM
kevin.tran
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vwynn
i second this idea

but i would say camp out.. wait till they come n cap those foos. hah jk.

Ide personally try to catch one of em n see if he can squeel out the other people. but then again i live in california.. so ill let him steal my car.. since ill get sued if i do anything
funny thing is I called the apt people and the security patrol telling them I'm sick and tired of this and that I have a gun and I will protect my property. Since than there's been more security patrols hahah
Old 12-20-09, 07:15 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

Buy a .22 rifle with a scope and keep your window open. (this is what I did) do yourself plenty of target practice with that scope. As soon as you hear it happen, pull the rifle out of open window (keep shades drawn as best as possible) wait till they are a good 100yards away scope them shoot them in the *** I choose a .22 as to not do too much damage just a nice reminder to not come back
Old 12-20-09, 07:27 PM
kevin.tran
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
Buy a .22 rifle with a scope and keep your window open. (this is what I did) do yourself plenty of target practice with that scope. As soon as you hear it happen, pull the rifle out of open window (keep shades drawn as best as possible) wait till they are a good 100yards away scope them shoot them in the *** I choose a .22 as to not do too much damage just a nice reminder to not come back
haha that is funny haha
Old 12-20-09, 07:37 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

You are a taxpayer, why are you not calling the actual police instead of rent a cops who have no power do anything to truly assist you? Have the police on speed dial, ready to go, and ask them for more patrols. That, or sleep in the trunk and pop out with a camera when they bump it.

Keep in mind, it could be kids who get off on just being a nuisance setting off alarms. Don't go shooting someone and end up in the deep shizzle for no reason. As irritating as it is, it's still just a car.

Big Mack
Old 12-20-09, 07:50 PM
kevin.tran
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Big Mack
You are a taxpayer, why are you not calling the actual police instead of rent a cops who have no power do anything to truly assist you? Have the police on speed dial, ready to go, and ask them for more patrols. That, or sleep in the trunk and pop out with a camera when they bump it.

Keep in mind, it could be kids who get off on just being a nuisance setting off alarms. Don't go shooting someone and end up in the deep shizzle for no reason. As irritating as it is, it's still just a car.

Big Mack
I've did that and the cops said all they can do is file a police report and that I should ask the rent a cops for more of a patrol because there isn't a real crime commited yet and that the apartment complex is private property and they have their own rent a cop patrols
Old 12-20-09, 08:27 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
Did you really do that MR. Jokster?

Anyways,, Cant you set up a surveillance system? The Voice alarm sounds good too

Quick Reply: Haters and shinny cars